PDA

View Full Version : FAVRE COMING BACK

BF4MVP
02-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Just heard it on 107.5 the fan..I'm not makin this up :D

I'm pumped now

BF4MVP
02-02-2007, 10:55 AM
Sorry, didn't look through tophat's thread. delete this.

MacCool606
02-02-2007, 11:01 AM
This is breaking news in the Milw area too. Apparently through an exclusive interview with a Media outlet in Mississippi.

Partial
02-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Don't delete it, this deserves its own thread. Hat's is a collection of articles on the drama of if he will come back or not. This is a seperate entity.

I am very glad he's back!

MJZiggy
02-02-2007, 11:04 AM
I KNEW IT

Packers | Favre to return next season
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 09:01:52 -0800

ESPNews reports Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre will return to play in the 2007 season.

bbbffl66
02-02-2007, 11:05 AM
Puts a smile on my face for today! :D

AtownPackFan
02-02-2007, 11:06 AM
SUN HERALD EXCLUSIVE
Favre to play in 2007
By AL JONES
SUN HERALD
Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre will return to play in the 2007.
TIM ISBELL/SUN HERALD
Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre will return to play in the 2007.

Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre will return for the 2007 season, he told the Sun Herald in an exclusive interview this morning.

"I am so excited about coming back," he said. "We have a good nucleus of young players. We were 8-8 last year and that's encouraging.

"My offensive line looks good, the defense played good down the stretch. I'm excited about playing for a talented young football team."

Favre, the former Hancock North Central and Southern Miss star, told the team about his return this morning. He said he'd made the decision after consulting with his family at home in Hattiesburg and that he knew he wanted to come back in the locker room after the season finale against the Chicago Bears.

Favre completed 56 percent of his passes in 2006, throwing for 18 touchdowns and 18 interceptions. The Packers finished 8-8 after a disappointing 2005 season where Favre threw 29 interceptions and had his first losing season as a starter.

Green Bay was in the playoff race until the final week of this season.

He needs one more victory to tie John Elway for most as a quarterback. Favre has completed more passes (5,021) than anyone in NFL history and needs seven touchdown passes to pass Dan Marino's record of 420.

Favre became the Green Bay Packers' quarterback three games into the 1992 season, and hasn't missed a start.

Favre's streak of 237 consecutive regular-season games started has been compared to Cal Ripken's record in baseball, and his three NFL Most Valuable Player awards put him in elite company.

In 1996, Favre was the guiding force to the Packers' first NFL championship in nearly 30 years. Green Bay beat the New England Patriots 35-21 in the Louisiana Superdome, just an hour's drive or so from his home in Hancock County.

"It's a great feeling," Favre said after the game. "The fans have been great and my hometown has been wonderful. It would be great anywhere, but it adds a little bit to it, doing it here, so close to home."

Favre and the Packers got back to the Super Bowl the next season, but lost to John Elway and the Denver Broncos 31-24. They never got back to the NFC championship game, but remained the best team in the NFC Central, which became the NFC North when the NFL expanded to 32 teams in 2002.

Favre spent his rookie season with the Atlanta Falcons, playing in just two games, before being traded to the Packers in 1992.

"In my mind, I remember saying this is my last opportunity," Favre said. "Whether that was true or not, I kind of put that pressure on myself."

Read more about Favre's return at sunherald.com throughout the day.

Partial
02-02-2007, 11:09 AM
nevermind

Freak Out
02-02-2007, 11:11 AM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Cheers!

Freak Out
02-02-2007, 11:12 AM
:evil:

What!

Murphy37
02-02-2007, 11:17 AM
Well either way I'm putting on my Favre jersey and getting drunk tonight.

bbbffl66
02-02-2007, 11:18 AM
What the F&*&? Is he or isn't he?

Freak Out
02-02-2007, 11:19 AM
Nothing on the ESPN frontpage.......but the hell with it, I'm Joining Murph and drinking anyway. Bottoms up!

MJZiggy
02-02-2007, 11:21 AM

Cheers, Murph, and this time don't forget to put on some pants too!

Freak Out
02-02-2007, 11:22 AM
It's on the Packers page though! TT confirms it!

woodbuck27
02-02-2007, 11:24 AM
http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/16607933.htm

Posted on Fri, Feb. 02, 2007

SUN HERALD EXCLUSIVE

Favre to play in 2007

By AL JONES
SUN HERALD

TIM ISBELL/SUN HERALD

Green Bay quarterback Brett Favre said he will return for another season in 2007.Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre will return for the 2007 season, he told the Sun Herald in an exclusive interview this morning.

"I am so excited about coming back," he said. "We have a good nucleus of young players. We were 8-8 last year and that's encouraging.

"My offensive line looks good, the defense played good down the stretch. I'm excited about playing for a talented young football team."

Favre, the former Hancock North Central and Southern Miss star, told the team about his return this morning. He said he'd made the decision after consulting with his family at home in Hattiesburg. His wife Deanna said she didn't want to be involved in the decision-making this time around, though.

Favre said he wanted to come back in the locker room after the season finale against the Chicago Bears. Last year, he waited until late April to let the team know he was coming back.

This morning, he called the team then told favorite receiver Donald Driver before calling the Sun Herald.

Favre completed 56 percent of his passes in 2006, throwing for 18 touchdowns and 18 interceptions. The Packers finished 8-8 after a disappointing 2005 season where Favre threw 29 interceptions and had his first losing season as a starter.

Green Bay was in the playoff race until the final week of this season.

He needs one more victory to tie John Elway for most as a quarterback. Favre has completed more passes (5,021) than anyone in NFL history and needs seven touchdown passes to pass Dan Marino's record of 420.

Favre became the Green Bay Packers' quarterback three games into the 1992 season, and hasn't missed a start.

Favre's streak of 237 consecutive regular-season games started has been compared to Cal Ripken's record in baseball, and his three NFL Most Valuable Player awards put him in elite company.

In 1996, Favre was the guiding force to the Packers' first NFL championship in nearly 30 years. Green Bay beat the New England Patriots 35-21 in the Louisiana Superdome, just an hour's drive or so from his home in Hancock County.

"It's a great feeling," Favre said after the game. "The fans have been great and my hometown has been wonderful. It would be great anywhere, but it adds a little bit to it, doing it here, so close to home."

Favre and the Packers got back to the Super Bowl the next season, but lost to John Elway and the Denver Broncos 31-24. They never got back to the NFC championship game, but remained the best team in the NFC Central, which became the NFC North when the NFL expanded to 32 teams in 2002.

Favre spent his rookie season with the Atlanta Falcons, playing in just two games, before being traded to the Packers in 1992.

"In my mind, I remember saying this is my last opportunity," Favre said. "Whether that was true or not, I kind of put that pressure on myself."

Read more about Favre's return at sunherald.com throughout the day.

NOTE:

AtownPackFan went for the official paper's release as well. He's definitely coming back no matter what rumor otherwise gets out there.

MJZiggy
02-02-2007, 11:24 AM
I think the Packer Nation just crashed the Packer website!!!

MJZiggy
02-02-2007, 11:26 AM
I love reading about this stuff on PackerRats first!!

Tony Oday
02-02-2007, 11:33 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6435260

Here we come super bowl!

esoxx
02-02-2007, 11:34 AM
I hope he goes ahead and gets his ankle surgery scheduled and done now. He will have ample time to recover and a little more bounce to his step next year without the nagging ankle pain.

woodbuck27
02-02-2007, 11:49 AM
I hope he goes ahead and gets his ankle surgery scheduled and done now. He will have ample time to recover and a little more bounce to his step next year without the nagging ankle pain.

Favre is just the type to suck it up again, but I agree with you esoxx.

Fosco33
02-02-2007, 11:51 AM
I'm glad this takes away from Bear's coverage!

Best news I've heard all day ----

Apparently he must've seen his shadow and the undecided period is over - being Groundhog's Day and all....

:D :D :D

Now I really don't give a flying f*** who wins on Sunday 8)

red
02-02-2007, 11:54 AM
its everywhere now, its official

espn, cnnsi, pft.com. everyones running the story

man, i was having a shit day too

Green Bud Packer
02-02-2007, 11:59 AM
leave it to brett to steal some of the bears thunder. once again #4 honors his contract and most are happy in packerland. what a different attitude this board has compared to last off-season. go pack. ladies and gentelman start drinking.

woodbuck27
02-02-2007, 12:00 PM
If most of you are as I am your taking this great news in stride but what if it had gone the other way?

nawww it just couldn't. :)

I will be purchasing a case of Miller Draft Beer 'Black Labels', as soon as I can settle in for the day.I will be sucking down every one of them in relief that Brett didn't decide to retire.

red
02-02-2007, 12:00 PM
at least three things will be certain at this time next year

favre will be the all time winningest qb, passing marino and elway

he will have the record for most td's all time (the hank arror home run record of the nfl)

and he will have the record for most int's, but oh well, the guy he's about to pass sure as hell didn't come close to the td record

Packnut
02-02-2007, 12:02 PM
Never a doubt my friends, never a doubt.

(Oh God, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.)

HarveyWallbangers
02-02-2007, 12:02 PM
Bulldog is going to be upset.
:D

woodbuck27
02-02-2007, 12:04 PM
leave it to brett to steal some of the bears thunder. once again #4 honors his contract and most are happy in packerland. what a different attitude this board has compared to last off-season. go pack. ladies and gentelman start drinking.

We have to be loving this news as well, as it sets TT and M3 and coach's on course to go out and set the blueprint for OUR team in 2007.

The picture has to be clearer now and I'm expecting something really special to happen in this off season.

Look up PACKERRATS. :)

MadtownPacker
02-02-2007, 12:05 PM
Great news!! Now if the bears lose it will be a great offseason.

Watching NFLN, Mooch is about to cream his jeans!

MadtownPacker
02-02-2007, 12:09 PM
If you got NFL Network put it on. Mooch actually talked to Favre on his cellphone during the show.

wist43
02-02-2007, 12:10 PM
This one wasn't a shocker... great news nonetheless.

It'll be fun to watch him run down all of Marino's records...

red
02-02-2007, 12:11 PM
If you got NFL Network put it on. Mooch actually talked to Favre on his cellphone during the show.

that was great

the guys found out and mooch picked up his phone and gave him a call. brett was watching the show and confirmed he's coming back, and it sounded like he just decided in the last day

classic tv moment

gbgary
02-02-2007, 12:12 PM
I KNEW IT!!! WOO HOO!! marino's in tears. http://www.ranger-forums.com/forum2/images/smilies/banana.gif

red
02-02-2007, 12:13 PM
harlan and TT have a press conference at 3 central time

mraynrand
02-02-2007, 12:23 PM

Wouldn't you rather eat some gumbo?

woodbuck27
02-02-2007, 12:23 PM
at least three things will be certain at this time next year

favre will be the all time winningest qb, passing marino and elway

he will have the record for most td's all time (the hank arror home run record of the nfl)

and he will have the record for most int's, but oh well, the guy he's about to pass sure as hell didn't come close to the td record

NFL RECORDS

Career Passing Yards ** Total To Surpass Year To Date

1) Dan Marino 61,361 ** 3,862 --
2) Brett Favre 57,500 -- 3,885 in 2006
3) John Elway 51,475 -- --
4) Warren Moon 49,325 -- --
5) Fran Tarkenton 47,003 -- --

Career Passing Attempts

1) Dan Marino 8,358 ** 136 --
2) Brett Favre 8,223 -- 613 in 2006
3) John Elway 7,250 -- --
4) Warren Moon 6,823 -- --
5) Fran Tarkenton 6,467 -- --

Career Completions

1) Brett Favre 5,021 -- 343 in 2006
2) Dan Marino 4,967 -- --
3) John Elway 4,123 -- --
4) Warren Moon 3,988 -- --
5) Fran Tarkenton 3,686 -- --

Career Touchdown Passes

1) Dan Marino 420 ** 7 --
2) Brett Favre 414 -- 18 in 2006
3) Fran Tarkenton 342 -- --
4) John Elway 300 -- --
5) Warren Moon 291 -- --

Career Wins as a Starting QB
1) John Elway 148 ** 2 --
2) Dan Marino 147 1 --
2) Brett Favre 147 -- 8 in 2006
4) Fran Tarkenton 125 -- --
5) Johnny Unitas 119 -- --

Consecutive Games Started
1) Jim Marshall 270 34 --
2) Mick Tingelhoff 240 4 --
3) Brett Favre 237 -- 16 in 2006
4) Bruce Matthews 229 -- --
5) Jim Otto 210

Most Interception's Record. . .Big Deal !! :)

GBRulz
02-02-2007, 12:31 PM
I have been running errands for the past 2 hours and I was wondering about this. On two different scrolling marquee signs around the stadium, it said "BRETT IS BACK"...and I'm like "WTF?"

LET'S PARTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I bet there is one person not happy about this....Marino! and well, maybe bulldog, too !!!

superfan
I'm glad we don't have to wait until training camp for the decision.

gbgary
MARINO WOKE UP THIS MORNING AND SAW FAVRE'S SHADOW!!

MadtownPacker
02-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Most Interception's Record. . .Big Deal !! :)He is just a generous individual. A true giver! :P

Murphy37
02-02-2007, 12:39 PM

Gumbo does sound good..........Ok 30 beers and some gumbo it is! I'm taking off work early to go watch the press conference. I was thinking about using the conference as a drinking game, like take a shot or drink everytime TT says "Brett", or something like that. Somebody tell my wife to cancel date night.

red
02-02-2007, 12:43 PM
espn.com sportsnation poll, asks

"will the packers make the playoffs with brett favre under center"

with almost 4,000 people voting at this point

83% say yes

GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GBRulz
02-02-2007, 12:45 PM

Gumbo does sound good..........Ok 30 beers and some gumbo it is! I'm taking off work early to go watch the press conference. I was thinking about using the conference as a drinking game, like take a shot or drink everytime TT says "Brett", or something like that. Somebody tell my wife to cancel date night.

Your wife should join you with the shot game! Could make for a great date night....or a very short one :lol:

Partial
02-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Did they have a press conference last year?

HarveyWallbangers
02-02-2007, 12:46 PM
83% say yes

Packer fans have been busy again.

And there's a lot of us.

Partial
02-02-2007, 12:46 PM

Your wife should join you with the shot game! Could make for a great date night....or a very short one :lol:

But there'd be a lot of hot, wild drunken sex. And thats the best kind!!

GBRulz
02-02-2007, 12:49 PM
Did they have a press conference last year?

I remember Harlan talking about it...and a couple of players, Green maybe? But I don't recall Favre having a PC exclusively about it

Murphy37
02-02-2007, 12:49 PM

Are you peeking in my windows again? Pervert!

superfan
02-02-2007, 12:52 PM

83% say yes

GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

82.5% now with around 6,000 votes.

Get out there and vote! Say no to the naysayers!!

woodbuck27
02-02-2007, 12:54 PM

83% say yes

GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Packer fans are already into the booze !!! :)

CaliforniaCheez
02-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Just a day for singing. Modify Happy Days are here again and you have:

Brett Favre leads the Pack again,
Rodgers clipboard sidelined again,
Record setting plays again.
Happy Days remain again,

Lambeau Field erupts again,
The gun flung a touchdown pass again,
Celebrate with smiles and fun again,
Happy Days are here again!!

red
02-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Just a day for singing. Modify Happy Days are here again and you have:

Brett Favre leads the Pack again,
Rodgers clipboard sidelined again,
Record setting plays again.
Happy Days remain again,

Lambeau Field erupts again,
The gun flung a touchdown pass again,
Celebrate with smiles and fun again,
Happy Days are here again!!

thats good, but its time for the real packer celebration song

da da da dada da dadadaaaaaa, da da da da d da daaa

da da da dada da dadadaaaaaa, da da da da d da daaa

I, don't wanna work

I wanna bang all the drum all day

GBRulz
02-02-2007, 01:05 PM
The Bears still suck, The Bears still suck...they really, really, really, really really, really suck, yes the Bears still suck :lol:

Anybody up for a polka?? :wink:

Partial
02-02-2007, 01:06 PM

Guilty. In my defense though, everytime I ask Mrs. Murph to sleep with me she says no :(

GBRulz
02-02-2007, 01:10 PM
Just an FYI...if packers.com is bogged down with traffic for the 3pm PC, our local CBS affiliate will also be carrying it live on their website...

http://wfrv.com/

Murphy37
02-02-2007, 01:12 PM

Guilty. In my defense though, everytime I ask Mrs. Murph to sleep with me she says no :(
Hmm......that's weird.......did you say please? Wait a minute.............Bretts coming back, quit ruining the moment by talking about my wife! Partial you bastard, you could screw up a wet dream!

woodbuck27
02-02-2007, 01:15 PM
The Bears still suck, The Bears still suck...they really, really, really, really really, really suck, yes the Bears still suck :lol:

Anybody up for a polka?? :wink:

Cel e brate good times . . .Come Onnnn !! :)

CaptainKickass
02-02-2007, 01:18 PM
This news makes The Captain speak in the third person about himself.

The Captain is ecstatic about this news and believes The Captain will party it up tonight.

LaFours
02-02-2007, 01:22 PM
My facial expression says it all.

red
02-02-2007, 01:29 PM
Just an FYI...if packers.com is bogged down with traffic for the 3pm PC, our local CBS affiliate will also be carrying it live on their website...

http://wfrv.com/

i think the big boys might carry it too, like the nfl network and espn

Iron Mike
02-02-2007, 01:43 PM

Maybe she doesn't want to be asleep for the hot, wild drunken sex......... :wink:

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-02-2007, 02:11 PM
FAVRE IS COMING BACK, WHAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :D

NEXT YEAR THE PACK IS IN THE SUPER BOWL! :D

gbpackfan
02-02-2007, 02:27 PM
YYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!

I AM SOOOOO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!!

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS! :D

Brando19
02-02-2007, 02:59 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
MY SUCKY DAY HAS TURNED GLORIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU BRETT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fritz
02-02-2007, 03:24 PM
I feel like Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz: "Oh, Toto, you came back, you came back!!"

Jimx29
02-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Favre told Mariucci he made up his mind after talking to Mariucci on Wednesday.

One more reason why we should have mooch somewhere in this organization

Partial
02-02-2007, 04:23 PM
TMJ4 just played his most musical moments! Hilarious!!

TennesseePackerBacker
02-02-2007, 04:34 PM
Great news for the Pack, I'll drink a couple shots tonight to Favre's return

oregonpackfan
02-02-2007, 05:10 PM
Anybody up for a polka?? :wink:[/quote]

Wow, GBRulz,

You sure know how to have a wild time. My grandmother warned me about women like you.... :)

oregonpackfan
02-02-2007, 05:24 PM
As far as Brett coming back, the bottom line is the Packers are a better team with Favre than they are without him.

CyclonePackFan
02-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Thoughts...

1.) http://www.pacfan.com/gopack.wav (downloaded this and it's been on repeat for the last hour or so.)

2.) FUCK YEAHHHHH!!!

3.) I am so getting drunk tonight

4.) I declare this day a religious holiday

5.) Ted, pull the trigger on Randy. I hate his ass, but do it.

BooHoo
02-02-2007, 06:02 PM
Yes, this is good news. I am happy! He gives us the best chance to win. I am not at all thrilled with ARod at the helm. Maybe we draft a QB in 2008 like the Michigan guy Henne.

BF4MVP
02-02-2007, 06:40 PM
Jim Rome said he thought Brett coming back was the right move. He thought he still has something left in the tank, and the Pack finished the season strong last season..

Then Rick Riley asked Jim what he was smoking because Favre should have been done 2 years ago.

BallHawk
02-02-2007, 07:07 PM
I was over at my friends house and I was getting some lemonade when he shouted out from his bedroom that Favre said he was going to play in '07. Of course, I thought he was yanking my chain. When I got into his room and say it on ESPN I started jumping and running around his house like a freakin' maniac. I think his Mom thinks I have something wrong with me now, but all is well because #4 is at the helm.

By the way, get a load of this jackass.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=kreidler_mark&id=2752544

GBRulz
02-02-2007, 07:08 PM
On Around the Horn, all the analysts on there also agreed that it was a good idea for Favre to come back! It seems that the overall opinion on Favre coming back for another year, is much stronger this year than last.

BTW...Oregon?? Your Grandmother may be right about girls like me, but i have to admit, I have two left feet when it comes to doing the polka :oops: :lol:

BallHawk
02-02-2007, 07:20 PM
On Around the Horn, all the analysts on there also agreed that it was a good idea for Favre to come back! It seems that the overall opinion on Favre coming back for another year, is much stronger this year than last.

Most likely it's because people saw that the Packers are a team on the rise. Last year many analysts thought we were a bottom five team. This year a lot of them think we can be playoff contenders.

I'm surprissed Mariotti didn't blast him for coming back.

GBRulz
02-02-2007, 07:23 PM

Most likely it's because people saw that the Packers are a team on the rise. Last year many analysts thought we were a bottom five team. This year a lot of them think we can be playoff contenders.

I'm surprissed Mariotti didn't blast him for coming back.

Even more so, they're not seeing a guy coming off his worst season at QB, either w/ 29 INTS.

Oh, I emailed that mark guy on that article you posted. What an idiot!

BallHawk
02-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Thataway, GB! What'd you say to him?

GBRulz
02-02-2007, 07:35 PM
basically told him in a nice way that he was full of shit. I mean, I know Brett isn't what he used to be, but the guy still has what it takes to play at a high level. Maybe if he had some weapons that other QB's have, it would pad his stats so that idiot commentators have something else to judge him by.

Read what this loser said....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16947168/

BallHawk
02-02-2007, 07:42 PM
I love how these guys think they know the team better than the guy that actually plays for the team.

BooHoo
02-02-2007, 08:57 PM
The offseason is already great. Brett is back. Brett is back. Brett is back.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Shadow
02-02-2007, 09:02 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Shadow wrote:
Obviously, Favre is returning.
Can't wait till the 'official' announcement & the countless, breathless "Oh- my-God- I-can't believe-it's-really-really-true!!!!" messages flashing across this site.
yawn.

And here we go!

MJZiggy
02-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Nice prediction, Shadow.

BooHoo
02-02-2007, 09:07 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Shadow wrote:
Can't wait till the 'official' announcement & the countless, breathless "Oh- my-God- I-can't believe-it's-really-really-true!!!!" messages flashing across this site.
yawn.

And here we go!

LOL! Hey Shadow, I feel like a school girl again!

Badgerinmaine
02-02-2007, 09:37 PM
That's as nice a present as I could ask for from the Packers for my birthday tomorrow. Yay!

packers11
02-02-2007, 09:49 PM
basically told him in a nice way that he was full of shit. I mean, I know Brett isn't what he used to be, but the guy still has what it takes to play at a high level. Maybe if he had some weapons that other QB's have, it would pad his stats so that idiot commentators have something else to judge him by.

Read what this loser said....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16947168/

Thats why I watch Fox news... Greta just had Bart Starr on and were all pro-packer of course... :)

MJZiggy
02-02-2007, 09:56 PM
That's as nice a present as I could ask for from the Packers for my birthday tomorrow. Yay!

Happy Birthday.

oregonpackfan
02-02-2007, 10:20 PM

Congrats, Badgerinmaine,

As a present to yourself, climb Mt. Katahdin tomorrow. I had the pleasure of hiking up that mountain peak many years ago, though I did it in July.

OPF

packrulz
02-03-2007, 06:39 AM
Super Bowl bound!

Badgerinmaine
02-03-2007, 08:26 AM

Congrats, Badgerinmaine,

As a present to yourself, climb Mt. Katahdin tomorrow. I had the pleasure of hiking up that mountain peak many years ago, though I did it in July.

OPF

I think it's a little nippy for a trip up Katahdin today :-) I was on Katahdin a number of years ago but we turned back just above the treeline when it started getting rainy. Today my wife is taking me skiing--I've only been once since I had a bad car accident in 2002 and I'm hopign it goes well.

Fritz
02-03-2007, 08:54 AM

The Shadow wrote:
yawn.

And here we go!

OOOhhh, I SAW him today (squeal)! He is TO DIE for!!! I get so nervous when I see him in the huddle, I don't even know what to say. Maybe he'll take us to the Super Bowl (squeal)!

The Shadow
02-03-2007, 09:43 AM
Fritz :

It will be all we can do now just to kep our panties on!

MasonCrosby
02-03-2007, 09:59 AM
i can't wait for next season! anything is possible now with favre back!

lod01
02-03-2007, 10:13 AM
This was never in doubt. What is in doubt is whether he plays in 2008. I knew he was playing until he passes Marino's TD mark. There was never a question on that. Now they are really at the point that they challenge for the playoffs this year and a possible superbowl in 2008 if they can have another big draft this year.

xxmattsharpxx
02-03-2007, 11:41 AM
It's so great Favre's coming back! Hopefully I'll finally get to go see the Packers this year in person for Favre's last hurrah. I'm just crossing my fingers that Green Bay plays in Dallas next year!!!! (I live in Oklahoma).
Go Packers!!!!

Brando19
02-03-2007, 11:53 AM
It's so great Favre's coming back! Hopefully I'll finally get to go see the Packers this year in person for Favre's last hurrah. I'm just crossing my fingers that Green Bay plays in Dallas next year!!!! (I live in Oklahoma).
Go Packers!!!!

Actually...Green Bay does play in Dallas next year. The schedule's not out yet so I'm not sure the date or month...but they are travelling to Dallas. Congratulations if you get to go!!!!!!

xxmattsharpxx
02-03-2007, 12:05 PM
Go Packers!!!!

Actually...Green Bay does play in Dallas next year. The schedule's not out yet so I'm not sure the date or month...but they are travelling to Dallas. Congratulations if you get to go!!!!!!

That's great news Brando, thanks for the info! Even if I have to call Jerry Jones himself, I'll find a ticket :wink:

GrnBay007
02-03-2007, 03:30 PM

The Shadow wrote:
yawn.

And here we go!

....goes to show you, we need to listen to our Shadow! :P

A nice Packer fan called me and told me at work. I didn't have access to the internet until today so I couldn't celebrate with my fellow rats. :(