PDA

View Full Version : More media bullshit about Favre

imscott72
03-30-2006, 10:49 PM
POSTED 12:14 a.m. EST, March 30, 2006

PACKERS SPLIT ON WHETHER THEY WANT FAVRE

Although we've heard on multiple occasions that Packers quarterback Brett Favre has informed the team that he plans to play in 2006, we're now told that there is and has been a difference of opinion within management of the organization as to whether he should return.

For those in the front office and coaching staff who don't want Favre back for another season, the concern is that the fans would revolt if the team were to nudge him into retirement or, even worse, to another team.

We've heard that Favre isn't fond of G.M. Ted Thompson, and we have a feeling that Thompson wouldn't shed too many private tears if Favre were to pack up and leave.

Still, we think it's in the franchise's best interests for Favre to walk away. If they were a player or two away from contending for the Super Bowl, it would be different. As it stands, every year that Favre hangs around delays by one more year the team's ability to strip down and rebuild.

Why else do you think Thompson insists on banking all of that cap room? He can use some of it during the season to lock up young players who are producing at a high level, and he can carry the rest of it into 2007 through dummy LTBE incentives.

BF4MVP
03-30-2006, 10:50 PM
It's more PFT.com crap..

I've chosen not to believe any of that shit until it proves correct.....

GrnBay007
03-30-2006, 11:03 PM
The thing that is REALLY a joke is all the .....ummm Packer fans.....I use that term gererously.......playing in to all this. as in........Favre holding the team hostage blah blah blah. The media is who turns this into a circus. I just don't see how TT would be doing anything much differently than he is right now even if he knew the answer. Something was posted somewhere that Favre would probably make the announcement at some golf outing April 6th I believe. ......with no hoopla.

Mr. T
03-30-2006, 11:08 PM
In two days this will all be over with. Thank God!!

BF4MVP
03-30-2006, 11:09 PM
In two days this will all be over with. Thank God!!
Not necessarily..Remember, April 1st isn't actually a deadline..Favre wouldn't actually receive the money from the roster bonus unless he was on the roster in September...

HarveyWallbangers
03-30-2006, 11:26 PM
Yeah, I don't trust Pro Football Talk at all.

gex
08-01-2008, 12:56 AM
:D

The Leaper
08-01-2008, 08:02 AM
Strip down and rebuild? They are one of the youngest teams in the league!!

retailguy
08-01-2008, 08:11 AM
Strip down and rebuild? They are one of the youngest teams in the league!!

Leaper.... LOOK AT THE DATE. 2 1/2 years ago....

The Leaper
08-01-2008, 08:24 AM
Who the hell is digging up crap from 2 years ago?

As if we don't have enough Favre stuff to deal with.

Fritz
08-01-2008, 08:37 AM
The thing that is REALLY a joke is all the .....ummm Packer fans.....I use that term gererously.......playing in to all this. as in........Favre holding the team hostage blah blah blah. The media is who turns this into a circus. I just don't see how TT would be doing anything much differently than he is right now even if he knew the answer. Something was posted somewhere that Favre would probably make the announcement at some golf outing April 6th I believe. ......with no hoopla.

I'm sorry 007 but I think you're flat out wrong. The longer this goes on the more it seems clear this isn't about Favre wanting to play - it's about Favre getting what he wants. I posted this Bus Cook quote on another thread, but I'll post it here: "If he was given his release, there's no guarantee he'd go anywhere to play," Cook said. "However, he'd have the freedom to choose if he should decide to play."

Umm, it's August 1st, 007. And it seems that Favre's agent is clearly saying Favre isn't sure he really wants to play. He just wants to be able to be the one to decide where he wants to play, and when he wants to play. Never mind that he retired, and when he changed his mind - the first time - that TT and MM were (by all accounts) set to fly down to Hattiesburg to finalize the details of his "un-retirement" only to have Favre re-retire.

You make it sound like the Packers pulled the plug on the guy's career and have jerked him around. I'm sorry - I just can't see that. He retired and when he wanted to un-retire they changed their own direction to welcome him back (again, by all accounts - Favre does not deny this). Then he pulled the plug on that - in April. So then he decides he maybe wants to play - maybe (look at Cook's quote above - he still doesn't know) - and you're pissed that the Packers aren't holding up the whole show to wait and see if Favre decides he really does want to play?

The man had months and months to decide, and even the chance to change his mind. He did, then changed it back. And now, a week into training camp, his agent is saying Favre's really not sure he wants to come back - he just wants to be able to say who and when if he decides to come back.

I think this is badly hurting the Packers, and I'm a Packers fan. I say trade Favre to Minny. Be done with it. We'll see how he does. If he does.

Zool
08-01-2008, 08:47 AM
To be fair to 007, she did post this 2+ years ago.

packinpatland
08-01-2008, 08:48 AM
This is the Favre I want to think about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWrcYxfwOVc

Fritz
08-01-2008, 09:00 AM
To be fair to 007, she did post this 2+ years ago.

Yes, but her recent posts suggests she feels the same way today.