PDA

View Full Version : OK TT, #4 just handed off the ball to you, whatcha gonna do?

MadtownPacker
02-02-2007, 01:39 PM
With the decision made by Favre to come back Ted Thompson has NO choice but to make serious upgrades this offseason as the dreaded THIRD year many, including myself, have said is the year they will judge him by. Will he live up to his moment of truth?

I say he does. He showed he wasnt scared to pull the trigger with the Woodson, Pickett and yes, Manuel FA signings last season. The only questions is who? Moss would be one of the first if it where up to me. Then a TE followed by another LB (Briggs?) to take Poppingas starting spot.

The time is now!

esoxx
02-02-2007, 01:42 PM
I'd rather have Jerry Porter than Moss. Porter's not welcome in Oakland either.

Git-R-Done TT!!!

CaptainKickass
02-02-2007, 01:46 PM
OK TT, #4 just handed off the ball to you, whatcha gonna do?

Uhhhh - you don't ever handoff to a linebacker - much less a former linebacker.

Hehehehehe!

MadtownPacker
02-02-2007, 01:48 PM
Porter would be a good signing too! He played in the WCO under Gruden so he would pick up the O quick. Moss is really just a pipedream for me. I really think a playmaking TE is gonna be the difference maker for the O, they where terrible ALL last season. Who is out there that can be signed?

Jerry Tagge
02-02-2007, 01:49 PM

Hehehehehe!
Mike Sherman had Torrence Marshall play fullback in practice. So I guess Favre has handed off to a linebacker before. :mrgreen:

billy_oliver880
02-02-2007, 01:50 PM

Hehehehehe!
Mike Sherman had Torrence Marshall play fullback in practice. So I guess Favre has handed off to a linebacker before. :mrgreen:

Wow really? What? :lol: :lol:

cheesner
02-02-2007, 02:49 PM
I'd rather have Jerry Porter than Moss. Porter's not welcome in Oakland either.

Git-R-Done TT!!!
Porter?!? The guy who was cheering for the other team on the sideline during a game? I hope TT has no interest in him.

Jerry Tagge
02-02-2007, 02:50 PM

Hehehehehe!

Wow really? What? :lol: :lol:
Do you have anything intelligent to say?

I didn't think so.

Fritz
02-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Problem is, there's not much out there. Briggs won't be there, Porter's a head case, Moss is over the hill, no tight ends on the market. Any help has to come through the draft.

Ballboy
02-02-2007, 03:36 PM
I think Eric Johnson(TE) from SF maybe of some help. He won't have to play every down, but is a far better receiver than we have now. His price may not break the bank either.

Another DB would be good, not a Clemments or Samuel(unless fairly low priced), but a mid range guy that would be our nickel or dime package.

Others posters as well had a great idea in watching what Atlanta does now that they are no longer doing ZBS, we maybe able to pick-up some depth for our OL.

gbpackfan
02-02-2007, 04:13 PM
Moss' career would be reborn with BF as his QB. Moss is a HUGE fan of Brett's and would play hard for him. Plus, Moss would love to crush the Vikings twice a year!

Cheesehead Craig
02-02-2007, 04:13 PM
Problem is, there's not much out there. Briggs won't be there, Porter's a head case, Moss is over the hill, no tight ends on the market. Any help has to come through the draft.
There's a TE or two that will be an upgrade over Bubba-Fingers and the rest of that junk crew.

red
02-02-2007, 04:57 PM
i would like hamlin

Bretsky
02-02-2007, 04:59 PM

There will be plenty of better players on the market than we have on our roster. That sounds like you are already getting the TT defending shield up.

HarveyWallbangers
02-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Moss, Hamlin, and Graham. Draft or bring in a RB, LB, DL, and CB. Then, call it a good offseason.
:D

oregonpackfan
02-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Moss' career would be reborn with BF as his QB. Moss is a HUGE fan of Brett's and would play hard for him. Plus, Moss would love to crush the Vikings twice a year!

Moss has as much chance of being reborn as Dick Cheney being transformed into a "Flaming" liberal! :)

HarveyWallbangers
02-02-2007, 05:07 PM

There will be plenty of better players on the market than we have on our roster. That sounds like you are already getting the TT defending shield up.

Actually, what he says has a lot of truth to it. The WRs available in FA are mostly rank. The TEs available are mostly rank. I wouldn't mind Moss. Briggs won't be available. Porter is a head case. I'd agree with most help coming through the draft. I think Thompson will do something similar to last year. Hopefully, he can bring in about 3 good FAs that work out, and then supplement the roster with a great draft.

b bulldog
02-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Just keep building through the draft Ted as you've been doing :)

]{ilr]3
02-02-2007, 06:50 PM
Just keep building through the draft Ted as you've been doing :)

I agree and I think he has been doing a decent job of it. However, we do need a instant upgrade at WR. If Favre retired I would say continue, but for a 1-2 year time table I say get anouther WR for that man!

LEWCWA
02-02-2007, 07:20 PM
f Jerry Porter, He has never done a damn thing! All potential and no skins! The guys a bust.....

BallHawk
02-02-2007, 07:24 PM
f Jerry Porter, He has never done a damn thing! All potential and no skins! The guys a bust.....

He had one big year, but so did Rod Gardner and look what happened to him.

Hamlin and Daniel Graham are my top two guys I'd like to see in Green Bay. I'd also like to see a castoff OL from Atlanta, since they're ditching the ZBS. Moss is high risk, high reward. It's more likely than not, however, that he will turn out hurting the Pack.

BooHoo
02-02-2007, 09:05 PM
Please no Jerry Porter.

ny10804
02-02-2007, 09:06 PM
Got wind of this from packerchatters -- link (http://images.todaystmj4.com/audio/aljones.mp3)

This year he is [excited], and also lead to believe that with free agency they got something in the works to bring somebody in, and I think that was the whole deal.

And that was him [the guy who reported Brett's announcement] talking about his interview with Brett today.