PDA

View Full Version : Can Brett Stay Healthy Next Year?

oregonpackfan
02-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Most Packer fans were quite pleased with Brett Favre's announcement that he will return as the Packers QB next year. Quite frankly, the Packers are a better team with him than without him.

One of the big questions the Packers have to ask is: Can Favre be free of serious injury for another year?

As you know, Brett has been incredibly resilient the past 15 years of pro football. He has been free of major bone fractures, ACL tears, and serious concussions.

At times, I find myself automatically assuming he will make it though another full season without a serious injury. I just hope and pray the Law of Averages with respect to injury does not catch up with Brett next season.

OPF

HarveyWallbangers
02-02-2007, 10:04 PM
What? He may. He may not. People have been asking this question for about 5 years. Most older QBs are more injury prone. Brett isn't a normal 37-year-old QB. Remember Nolan Ryan? Guy was a workhorse well into his 40s--an age when most pitchers have long started breaking down. Brett's of the same ilk, and I have no reason to worry about whether he'll get injured or not.

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-02-2007, 10:59 PM
I don't even like to think about it.

Freak Out
02-02-2007, 11:14 PM
This is bad.....nuke this thread. Superstition......

CaptainKickass
02-03-2007, 01:44 AM
WTF?

Why would you even post this?

Hang your head in shame OPF.

May your next telephone number be one digit away from an all night taxi service.

Regards,

The Captain

Rastak
02-03-2007, 07:56 AM
What? He may. He may not. People have been asking this question for about 5 years. Most older QBs are more injury prone. Brett isn't a normal 37-year-old QB. Remember Nolan Ryan? Guy was a workhorse well into his 40s--an age when most pitchers have long started breaking down. Brett's of the same ilk, and I have no reason to worry about whether he'll get injured or not.

I have to admit he's pretty amazing and the Nolan Ryan comparison is spot on. The only difference is in football even the most fit or tough guy can go down if he gets hit in the right spot. Knees only bend in a certain direction and if some 320 pound oaf drives into it, it's adios.

Then again, even when that happened to Favre he came back two weeks later (after the bye week).

red
02-03-2007, 08:21 AM
i keep thinking this all the time. he's an old guy, when's he gonna fall apart? i always forget this is favre, and not a normal guy.

he's iron man

he has some kind of freak bones and tendons or something.

i'd say theres a good chance that he gets banged up again this year, but he'll be there everygame for us, just like he's been there for 15 years

Brando19
02-03-2007, 08:25 AM
This is why the Offensive Line is soooooooooooooooo important. We play some extremely good teams next year and I like our line...but I think Ted needs to sign a few Veterans to hold the line down (Davis from Arizona.)

packers11
02-03-2007, 09:37 AM
KNOCK ON WOOD.... :!:

lod01
02-03-2007, 10:41 AM
He cannot be stopped. Everyone knows that. No QB have the awareness of Favre in the pocket.

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-03-2007, 10:43 AM
He cannot be stopped. Everyone knows that. No QB have the awareness of Favre in the pocket.

KNOCK ON WOOD, AM STRTING TO HATE THIS THREAD.

packers11
02-03-2007, 10:49 AM

KNOCK ON WOOD, AM STRTING TO HATE THIS THREAD.

same here... Someone delete the whole thing!!!