PDA

View Full Version : Kenneth Darby

Joemailman
02-02-2007, 10:56 PM
Haven't heard much talk about this guy. However, he sounds like he could be a great fit for what the Packers want from a running back with the scheme that they run, and could be available when the Packers pick in the 2nd round. Anyone seen this guy play?

Kenneth Darby
RB, Alabama

War Room analysis
Strengths: Is smart and instinctual. Consistently finds holes. Shows a quick burst to get through holes. Shows great quickness and agility to change directions, freeze defenders and elude would-be tacklers. Follows blockers well, and makes sharp cuts off blocks. Is strong enough to keep moving against hard hits and gain good yardage after contact. In pass protection, picks up the correct man. Shows the hands to be a productive NFL receiver.

Weaknesses: Lacks breakaway speed. Doesn't consistently pick up feet in traffic and often gets tripped up. Is primarily an upright runner, limiting ability to lower shoulders and break tackles.

Bottom line: If Darby doesn't improve, he can be a decent NFL starter. If he becomes more consistent about picking up his feet in traffic and lowering his shoulders, he can become a special NFL back who makes big plays as a runner and receiver.

Lurker64
02-03-2007, 12:50 AM
Sounds better than Lynch to me. If we pick a RB in the first two rounds, this guy's on top of my wish list.

Bossman641
02-03-2007, 02:45 AM
Darby has been a huge disappointment. I'd say he has actually regressed this year. I've seen a couple games of his and he does a lot of second guessing and dancing in the hole.

If he gets everything straightened out he could be a good fit but he really struggled this year.

red
02-03-2007, 08:28 AM
is this the guy that sang the wishing well song in the 80's?

BallHawk
02-03-2007, 08:32 AM
is this the guy that sang the wishing well song in the 80's?

I think that was Terrence Darby.