PDA

View Full Version : NFL PREGAME COVERAGE

Bretsky
02-04-2007, 04:48 PM
Today is a great and terrible day for the NFL football fan.

On one hand, it's suppose to be the biggest day of the year; on the other hand it's the end of the NFL football season and that's a bummer.

I've longed for some quality football entertainment and today the CBS Pregame show has been a total letdown.

I watched a few hours of ESPN today and that was stellar. They do a wonderful job mixing good quality NFL news with solid entertainment value.

I also think the world of Fox Pre-Game Coverage. While those guys can be borderline hilarious, they have the unique talent of making nearly everything they do both entertaining and fun. Jimmy Johnson, Bradshaw, and Howie Long just have that special karma going on. And the comedian they bring in is absolutely hilarious.

Everything Fox accomplishes CBS failed at today. James Brown offers little to these guys, and while Marino, Esiason, and Sharpe occasionally offer football content we don't know ourselves, they are incredibly boring in doing so. Just plain out dry.

It was a struggle to watch this entire show; struggling through this entire show today reminds me of why I appreiciate guys like Berman, Tom Jackson, Chris Mortenson, Terry Bradshaw, Jimmy Johnson, and Howie Long.

b bulldog
02-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Great post, I agree 100%

Rastak
02-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Today is a great and terrible day for the NFL football fan.

On one hand, it's suppose to be the biggest day of the year; on the other hand it's the end of the NFL football season and that's a bummer.

I've longed for some quality football entertainment and today the CBS Pregame show has been a total letdown.

I watched a few hours of ESPN today and that was stellar. They do a wonderful job mixing good quality NFL news with solid entertainment value.

I also think the world of Fox Pre-Game Coverage. While those guys can be borderline hilarious, they have the unique talent of making nearly everything they do both entertaining and fun. Jimmy Johnson, Bradshaw, and Howie Long just have that special karma going on. And the comedian they bring in is absolutely hilarious.

Everything Fox accomplishes CBS failed at today. James Brown offers little to these guys, and while Marino, Esiason, and Sharpe occasionally offer football content we don't know ourselves, they are incredibly boring in doing so. Just plain out dry.

It was a struggle to watch this entire show; struggling through this entire show today reminds me of why I appreiciate guys like Berman, Tom Jackson, Chris Mortenson, Terry Bradshaw, Jimmy Johnson, and Howie Long.

Ah, I haven't tuned in yet....waiting for the actual game to start before the TV goes on. I do like the ESPN guys, minus idiot Irvin of course.....

Brando19
02-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Has anyone mentioned anything about Favre or the Packers on the pregame?

retailguy
02-04-2007, 05:02 PM
Has anyone mentioned anything about Favre or the Packers on the pregame?

no

Charles Woodson
02-04-2007, 05:27 PM
No fucking way