PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

b bulldog
02-04-2007, 08:35 PM
The bears still suck, (had to say it) Rex is awful and Manning will be remembered as an alltime great. Way to go Tony Dungy!!!

red
02-04-2007, 08:54 PM
couldn't have said it better myself

good game rex

Iron Mike
02-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Iron Mike is remembering how Girlacher was pimped before the Super Bowl....he sure didn't take over that field like he was supposed to.

And he was out there enough to take over.... :P

Charles Woodson
02-04-2007, 09:01 PM
Thanks Rex, its really been nice to have someone like you on the Bears

GBRulz
02-04-2007, 09:04 PM
http://greensoda.com/denied.jpg

RashanGary
02-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Very unspectacular game by Manning but when your team is better, your team is better. It's a QB's job not to lose the game and he didn't lose the game.

digitaldean
02-04-2007, 09:05 PM
Where, oh, where, have the Bear trolls all gone...
Oh, where, oh, where can they beeeee....
:lol:

red
02-04-2007, 09:15 PM
everyone together now

BEARS STILL SUCK!

BEARS STILL SUCK!

BEARS STILL SUCK!

BEARS STILL SUCK!

GBRulz
02-04-2007, 09:18 PM
is it polka time? :lol:

digitaldean
02-04-2007, 09:19 PM
Maybe ol' Tank Johnson forgot to pack his heat for the game....

Bears Front 4 was MIA for most of the game.

red
02-04-2007, 09:26 PM
is it polka time? :lol:

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

don't wanna work, i wanna bang on the drum all day

is it a packer nation holiday tomorrow?

this is almost as good as us wining one. this is the next best thing

BooHoo
02-05-2007, 07:00 PM
Bears didn't have a running game. Grossman played mostly poorly. I thought before the game that it was up to the bears offense to win or lose the game. They couldn't get-r-done.

Usually, the losing team from the Super Bowl doesn't do well the following year.

b bulldog
02-05-2007, 08:05 PM
usually they struggle to make the playoffs. I wonder who will be on Madden, that player usually struggles also. My bet would be LT or Peyton, leaning towards LT.

RashanGary
02-05-2007, 08:32 PM
Peyton had a very unspectacular Bradyesq game didn't he bulldog.

He did nothing special but took what the D gave him without forcing. I hope Brett watched that game and took notes at how a QB wins big games. It's all about being oppertunsitic and not forcing. Agree?

RashanGary
02-05-2007, 08:34 PM
There is more to it than that. You have to move well in the pocket and throw the ball really well. Brett does those thing but he forces it too.

Elway said on ESPN radio a coupel days ago that he was what he was before he won the SB and that it takes the right situation to win more than the greatest QB. That was him opinion and he's won a couple and lost a few so I think he'd know.

b bulldog
02-05-2007, 09:25 PM
Elway has proabably done more with less than any QB, the Bronco SB still stings. The guy with the best head on his shoulders usually comits the fewest turnovers and usually gets the W, ask Montana!

b bulldog
02-05-2007, 09:29 PM
You look at the teams he took to the SB and lost with, they were pretty low on talent. I can't stand Elway, I was a Marino/Montana fan but John was truely a great QB.

RashanGary
02-05-2007, 09:47 PM
Elway has proabably done more with less than any QB, the Bronco SB still stings. The guy with the best head on his shoulders usually comits the fewest turnovers and usually gets the W, ask Montana!

I'm learing that that is the mark of a champion. I've always loved Mannings game, how spectacular some of his passes are and how accurate he is but the best game he played, was a the biggest game he played and all he really did was not screw up. It kind of makes me rethink greatness a little.

To see Manning win like that sent a message to me. If Favre was watching, he would have seen Grossman *Favre at his worste* and Manning *Favre at his best* and realized that winning is more than big plays. It is the bad plays you don't make. Pretty much just what you said. But I am starting to agree. The best QB's are patient, smart and good passers. Those 3 things first. Favre is good passer and a pretty instinctive football player *which helped him overcome his average intelligents*. He was a physical freak in his hay day too, but he's yet to show that patients in a big game in recent times. I really want to see that if we make the playoffs this year. I want to see him get desperate only in the last 2 minutes like Brady, not in the 3rd quarter with an 8 point deficite. That isn't panic time. That is don't screw up time.

HarveyWallbangers
02-05-2007, 11:27 PM
Pretty easy to be patient when you have two RBs that combine for 190 rushing yards and you are throwing to a stable of playmakers like Harrison, Wayne, and Clark. Not as easy when you are throwing to the likes of Andre Thurman, Antonio Chatman, Taco Wallace, or even Ruvell Martin. The best QBs are those that are willing and able to do what is called for in whatever situation--stats be damned. Brad Johnson is great at managing the game, but only in the absolute best case scenario would he even remotely be able to win a Super Bowl ring. Favre's made plenty of average players look good over the years. He can't do that anymore. Manning is in his prime. Favre isn't. Favre never has had the weapons Manning has. Manning's never had the bad players that Favre has had. Now, I don't know if Manning is better or worse, but let's try to make as fair of a comparison as we can. I respect Tom Brady a hell of a lot more for doing what he's done with less talent than Manning has had. Brady did have the benefit of a great defense though. Manning has seldom had that. Favre hasn't had it very often either. When he did, he took his team to the Super Bowl.

In Favre's three bad playoff games, remember this:

Rams in 2001 - He was throwing to Freeman (after he was past his prime), Bill Schroeder, and Corey Bradford against a far superior Rams team

Falcons in 2002 - Driver, Ahman, and Glenn all got injured in the game. That meant throwing to Taco Wallace or whomever was in there at that time.

Vikings in 2004 - Ferguson was out and Javon got injured, so the WR corps was Driver, Andrae Thurman, and Antonio Chatman.

Pretty hard to manage the game when you have one playmaker. Bulldog will call me a Favre apologist, but to say he wasn't hampered by the guys around him in those games would be blind to the facts. The 2003 team had better players and was on a roll. Favre made a horrible throw. No doubt about it. However, he played pretty dang well for 8 quarters until then (great game vs. Seattle and 2 TDs and 0 interceptions in the Philly game until that point). Hell, he was even doing a great job "managing" that game, but they weren't getting a lot of points for it.

I do agree with bulldog that Elway was a great QB. I actually think he and Favre had very similar careers. Elway didn't have great teams around him. However, he did play in a conference that was much weaker than the NFC for much of his career. Remember when the NFC used to win every Super Bowl?

Little Whiskey
02-05-2007, 11:59 PM
I don't think you can say that elway played on bad teams. bad teams don't go to 5 superbowls. i don't care how weak the conferance was.