Joemailman
02-04-2007, 09:26 PM
I never watch the Pro Bowl, but for those who do, here's your thread. :D

b bulldog
02-04-2007, 09:28 PM
The one football game I won't watch.

Little Whiskey
02-06-2007, 12:16 AM
do they even play that game anymore?? i thought they would just start using Madden video games to simulate the game, and broadcast that. it would be more like an actual football game then. hell, with the few people that watch the game they might not even know the difference.

Jimx29
02-06-2007, 12:25 AM
Used to be a big deal back before there were 1000's of cable channels to watch any player(s) you want at anytime.

BallHawk
02-06-2007, 07:09 AM
I think for some players having their name down that they were a Pro-Bowl selection is more important than playing in the actual game.

GrnBay007
02-10-2007, 08:49 PM
HONOLULU (AP) — Drew Brees lived every player's Pro Bowl nightmare Saturday, dislocating his left elbow on his second series as the NFC's starting quarterback.
Brees, who throws right-handed, didn't break any bones.

Brees made the All-Pro team while leading the resurgent Saints to the NFC championship game, but was injured while throwing a fourth-down incompletion on the NFC's second drive at the NFL all-star game. The NFC starter went 2-of-7 for 23 yards in the scoreless first quarter.

Brees, who passed for 4,418 yards and 26 touchdowns this season to earn his second trip to the Pro Bowl, didn't return to the game — but coach Sean Payton wasn't likely to play his New Orleans star much beyond the opening quarter, anyway.

The quarterback's injury seems unlikely to affect next season, but the threat of injury exists in any football game — even a low-key, halfhearted affair such as the NFL's all-star game.

"You can't go into any football game worrying about an injury, because that's when you get hurt," San Diego tight end Antonio Gates said earlier in the week. "You've just got to go out there and play your game and hope for the best."

Despite the ever-present threat, serious injuries are rare in the Pro Bowl — and even moderate injuries usually have at least three months to heal before most clubs open minicamps.

The most famous Pro Bowl injury didn't even occur during the game. New England running back Robert Edwards' career was ruined when he seriously injured his knee during a rookie flag-football game on the beach after his standout 1998 rookie season. Though Edwards attempted a comeback four years later, he ended up with the CFL's Montreal Alouettes.

Defensive players typically don't deliver their hardest hits in Hawaii, and Brees didn't appear to get hit particularly hard while throwing a fourth-down incompletion on the NFC's second offensive series.

Cincinnati receiver Chad Johnson then left the field hobbling after a collision with Atlanta's DeAngelo Hall late in the second quarter, but shook it off and played in the second half.

Indianapolis receiver Marvin Harrison used the only surefire technique for avoiding injuries in this exhibition: The new champion didn't play in the first half, watching from the sideline and wearing a Pro Bowl cap instead of a helmet.

Partial
02-10-2007, 09:24 PM
the game was today?

GrnBay007
02-10-2007, 09:30 PM
the game was today?

Yep

NFC- 28

AFC- 31

Brando19
02-10-2007, 10:04 PM
Driver had 3 catches for 38 yards and Kampman had 4 tackles.

Lurker64
02-10-2007, 10:15 PM
A testament to how compelling the pro-bowl is:

I'm flipping through channels and Icome across the pro-bowl (didn't know it was today). The game is tied, in the fourth quarter, with less than two minutes remaining. I promptly continue flipping through channels to see if there's anything worth watching on.

GBRulz
02-10-2007, 10:26 PM
I think the most appealing thing about the Pro Bowl to players is for discussions about their contract.

I think the league should just do away with it. I didn't even know it was on TV today, either.

Joemailman
02-10-2007, 10:42 PM
Baseball is the only All-Star game I watch anymore. They've taken defense out of all the other ones. Boring.

superfan
02-10-2007, 11:25 PM

I'm flipping through channels and Icome across the pro-bowl (didn't know it was today). The game is tied, in the fourth quarter, with less than two minutes remaining. I promptly continue flipping through channels to see if there's anything worth watching on.

I did the exact same thing at almost the exact same point. Didn't know or care that it was on today either.

You really get the feeling that the only reason the NFL has the Pro Bowl is that they feel obligated to have one, since the other major sports have an all star game.

Partial
02-10-2007, 11:30 PM
I used to love all-star games back in the day. The NFL would be better if they played like they wanted to win.

Basketball used to be really entertaining as well. I remember when Magic Johnson won the MVP many moons ago at the All-star game. That was an awesome game!!

Jimx29
02-10-2007, 11:54 PM
They've taken defense out of all the other ones. Boring.I saw today that they don't/won't even call intentional grounding. The QB can simply throw the ball down if he feels threatened

mmmdk
02-11-2007, 04:00 AM
I could've made the pro bowl...

BallHawk
02-11-2007, 06:06 AM

I did the exact same thing at almost the exact same point. Didn't know or care that it was on today either.

You really get the feeling that the only reason the NFL has the Pro Bowl is that they feel obligated to have one, since the other major sports have an all star game.

I think they partially play it because the younger kids really enjoy seeing all the NFL's stars in one game, playing against each other.

red
02-11-2007, 09:00 AM
drew brees is exactly the reason why the pro bowl should just go away, and why no body should have a problem with a guy like brady saying he'll pass on it

he's out for 2 months, he's lucky it was his left arm

Joemailman
02-11-2007, 09:22 AM
Forget the game. Announce the Pro-Bowl team, and give them a nice plaque for recognition. Take them out to Hawaii for a week's vacation. Give them a nice hotel room right on the ocean with a hot tub and some hot lesbian babes.

GBRulz
02-11-2007, 09:54 AM
In baseball, the outcome of the game determines the home team for the World Series. What do you think can be done in football to make this game mean anything to the players?

red
02-11-2007, 11:39 AM
In baseball, the outcome of the game determines the home team for the World Series. What do you think can be done in football to make this game mean anything to the players?

more money, a lot more

Zool
02-12-2007, 07:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3wWGLUUMR4

Sucks to be this guy.

4and12to12and4
02-14-2007, 06:28 PM

Hopefully the football "brass" won't be as stupid as the baseball "geniuses". It pisses me off that the all-star game decides home-field advantage. It's ludicrous. They should go back to the best record gets it. It's not perfect, because they are playing against different teams, but best record should be awarded, not the outcome of the all-star game. I will say, though, that the NFL should have the Superbowl in Domes only, watching the Superbowl through a fogged up camera lens was pathetic, and the weather should never be a factor in a championship game (yes, I know we won the "icebowl", but if our team was the Cowboys that would've chapped our hides).