PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Commercial

Pacopete4
02-04-2007, 10:09 PM
pretty funny that the one guy that won that contest to put ur commercial on in the superbowl had the best one. Even made fun of Brett Favre in a polite way which was pretty hilarious.. i wonder if he saw it

BallHawk
02-04-2007, 10:11 PM
Was it just me or did the commercials absolutely blow this year. The only ones I enjoyed were the Coca-Cola ones. Bud light's were horrible,(what a surprise) Sierra Mist was painfully unfunny, and the rest were forgettable. Disappointing to say the least.

packers11
02-04-2007, 10:13 PM
found em all...

http://www.myspace.com/superspots

packers11
02-04-2007, 10:16 PM
http://sports.aol.com/nfl/superbowlads

there too...

but the best site is here...

http://www.ifilm.com/superbowl

you can watch the ones from NFL there... Which had Favre :)

red
02-04-2007, 10:18 PM
i didn't like any of them

i'll quote someone on PFT.com during the game

"the blockbuster one was the best one, it only sucked"

they were horrible, a lot did more damage then good IMO

]{ilr]3
02-04-2007, 10:19 PM
After tonight I will never buy anouther snickers candy bar again!

LL2
02-04-2007, 10:24 PM
I love the commercial with Favre at the end! I agree most of the commercials sucked but the Snickers one was funny. The owner of godaddy.com sure likes to push the titillating envelop as far as he can. I read he tried to push a commercial through with more of a full cleavage shot, but of the NFL said "nice try."

AtownPackFan
02-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Internet Only Version of the ad:

http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/media/lounge.asp?ci=7957

Rejected TV Ads:

http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/media/lounge.asp?ci=7884
http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/media/lounge.asp?ci=7882

All three are pretty go. GoDaddy.com always posts the rejected TV ads on their site after the Superbowl.

MadtownPacker
02-05-2007, 02:00 AM
The "K-Fed" fast food worker one was good.

Jimx29
02-05-2007, 02:34 AM
The "K-Fed" fast food worker one was good.Problem is, is that one was out on the web 10 days ago.

they are here too: Click (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&oi=promos&cad=hppweb%3Aen_us&ct=pro&cd=1&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fbrowse%3Fs%3Dsb&ei=VevGRZXaEqPwjAH7o520Dg&usg=__mzX5G0OtSc91zulfsmj1voDA5gc=)

MadtownPacker
02-05-2007, 02:43 AM
The Bud Light one where the guys is giving hitchhikers a ride was good too.

Partial
02-05-2007, 06:10 AM
Bud Light had some good ones. There were quite a few good ones, actually. That fan made doritos one was funny!

Iron Mike
02-05-2007, 07:26 AM
I thought that Emerald Nuts one with Robert Goulet was pretty funny..... :lol:

Partial
02-05-2007, 07:45 AM
Is Robert Goulay a real person? I just remember when Will Ferrell did the skit on SNL where he sang the Thong Song.

KYPack
02-05-2007, 08:07 AM
It was a weak lot.

I really only liked a few of the Bud ones.

The "cur that became a purebred" was about the only commercial I liked.

swede
02-05-2007, 08:21 AM
I concur with the general opinion that the commercials generally blew. They had the feel of too many old white guys trying to follow a formula.

My least favorite were...

The Snickers man-kiss. I also have eaten my last Snicker. Which audience were they after? Gay mechanics that like sweets?

Jay-Zee or whoever that dude was beating Shula in football. Get over yourself, thug. Your culture produces misery. Lovie Smith, Tony Dungy and Don Shula stand for hard work and integrity. You only beat them in your dreams.

Oprah and Letterman. WTF?

Katie Couric spots. Did you ever notice how people that are so awful that you go out of your way to avoid them manage to show up uninvited anyway. Thanks, CBS, for rubbing my nose in that puddle.

The high numbers of awful spots dragged the good spots down to mere mediocrity. The highest category for Super Bowl commercials 2007 can only be titled "These Didn't Suck As Badly". The spots I didn't hate:

Careerbuilders.com (whatever) The "don't just survive the workweek" spots almost worked. They lacked any surprise or irony that might have moved them to a higher level of creativity.

The Doritos commercial was funny. You knew the guy was going to back-end somebody. The stop actions and changes of focus between the chick and the dude showed good comic timing.

The "It's hard to say goodbye" commercial with Favre was agreeable and timely.

We hope that 2008 will be better. Madison Avenue needs to let some people go. Hopefully old white guys.

At least no one tried to hang lit-up images of SB XLI under bridges all over Miami.

Cheesehead Craig
02-05-2007, 08:34 AM
I loved the Taco Bell ad with the lions.

"Sexy like Ricardo Maltabon... Carrrrrne Asada"

"Carne - Ricardo Maltabon?"

Damn that's classic.

Overall they weren't very good. Several of them were about 2-3 years old.

Zool
02-05-2007, 08:44 AM
I loved the Taco Bell ad with the lions.

"Sexy like Ricardo Maltabon... Carrrrrne Asada"

"Carne - Ricardo Maltabon?"

Damn that's classic.

Overall they weren't very good. Several of them were about 2-3 years old.I was laughing at the Ricardo reference too. Damned funny.

SudsMcBucky
02-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Actually, I kinda liked the Careerbuilders.com adds, especially the one where the workers were herded off the cliff.

Partial
02-05-2007, 10:03 AM
I concur with the general opinion that the commercials generally blew. They had the feel of too many old white guys trying to follow a formula.

My least favorite were...

The Snickers man-kiss. I also have eaten my last Snicker. Which audience were they after? Gay mechanics that like sweets?

Jay-Zee or whoever that dude was beating Shula in football. Get over yourself, thug. Your culture produces misery. Lovie Smith, Tony Dungy and Don Shula stand for hard work and integrity. You only beat them in your dreams.

Oprah and Letterman. WTF?

Katie Couric spots. Did you ever notice how people that are so awful that you go out of your way to avoid them manage to show up uninvited anyway. Thanks, CBS, for rubbing my nose in that puddle.

The high numbers of awful spots dragged the good spots down to mere mediocrity. The highest category for Super Bowl commercials 2007 can only be titled "These Didn't Suck As Badly". The spots I didn't hate:

Careerbuilders.com (whatever) The "don't just survive the workweek" spots almost worked. They lacked any surprise or irony that might have moved them to a higher level of creativity.

The Doritos commercial was funny. You knew the guy was going to back-end somebody. The stop actions and changes of focus between the chick and the dude showed good comic timing.

The "It's hard to say goodbye" commercial with Favre was agreeable and timely.

We hope that 2008 will be better. Madison Avenue needs to let some people go. Hopefully old white guys.

At least no one tried to hang lit-up images of SB XLI under bridges all over Miami.

I would disagree about Jay-Z. They man works hard because he built his own empire. Sure, he got his start in music, but he is a big time entreprenuer. For what its worth, I loathe rap music.

Partial
02-05-2007, 10:05 AM
Actually, I kinda liked the Careerbuilders.com adds, especially the one where the workers were herded off the cliff.

Those were my some of my favorites too. And the beard combover, just because that was truly ridiculous.

ND72
02-05-2007, 10:07 AM
I donno if anyone else said this, but the Doritos one I think was the best one. Guy saw the girl, he got in an accident...girl comes to see him, she falls and goes head first into the car. great stuff.

Partial
02-05-2007, 10:09 AM
I donno if anyone else said this, but the Doritos one I think was the best one. Guy saw the girl, he got in an accident...girl comes to see him, she falls and goes head first into the car. great stuff.

Yep, that was one of my favorites too. That was actually made by a guy who won a fan-voted contest. Good stuff!

Merlin
02-05-2007, 10:11 AM
I don't know what the add was for but the one where they were pushing the mouse and in the end they said it wasn't plugged in. I thought that was pretty good.

Other then that, I was blown away at how the adds went out of their way to promote black history. I then noticed that most of the adds were "politically" correct in that there were always a minority in them. Someday the world will wake up and realize that if they didn't try to compensate for things like that, if they would quit trying to point that stuff out (e.g. Dungy vs Smith) that there would be no racism and people will just look at each other as people.

Partial
02-05-2007, 10:16 AM
I don't know what the add was for but the one where they were pushing the mouse and in the end they said it wasn't plugged in. I thought that was pretty good.

Other then that, I was blown away at how the adds went out of their way to promote black history. I then noticed that most of the adds were "politically" correct in that there were always a minority in them. Someday the world will wake up and realize that if they didn't try to compensate for things like that, if they would quit trying to point that stuff out (e.g. Dungy vs Smith) that there would be no racism and people will just look at each other as people.

Yes, I noticed this as well and thought it was over the top.

PackerPro42
02-05-2007, 10:23 AM
The Bud Light immigrant comercial was the best one.

PackerPro42
02-05-2007, 10:24 AM
The Bud Light immigrant comercial was the best one.

PackerPro42
02-05-2007, 10:25 AM
The Bud Light immigrant commercial was pretty funny. I think that it was the best one.

PackerPro42
02-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Sorry about all the posts, my computer was being a butthole.

oregonpackfan
02-05-2007, 06:36 PM
How could you forget the commericial where the auchioneer was hired as the minister conducting the wedding ceremony?!

It was a Bud Lite commercial. When the auchioneer/minister conducted the nuptials in record time, everyone began the partying. I loved that commercial.

Had we had that minister at my wedding, it would have saved a lot of tears. My wife blubbered through most of the ceremony. I still don't know if she had tears of joy or was feeling "What the hell am I doing marrying this guy?"

That was 25 years and 8 months ago.

MadtownPacker
02-05-2007, 06:42 PM
I still don't know if she had tears of joy or was feeling "What the hell am I doing marrying this guy?"

That was 25 years and 8 months ago.

No one stays happy for 25 years so it must have been the latter. :D

BooHoo
02-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Commercials not as good this year. I did like the Doritos ad though.