PDA

View Full Version : Lesson learned tonight...

packers11
02-04-2007, 11:20 PM
TEAMS NEED a running game... Payton Manning is the best qb in the league right now, he was struggling in the beginning but you know what he had to fall back on??? The run... The colts had over 150+ rushing yards and it took a lot of the pressure off of him... This is what exactly the Packers need to focus on again just like in 2003... When the packers were deep in the playoffs, how'd they get there??? The run, than they used the play action (Which would be affective)....

The packers need to resign Green and get another stud at RB to have a 1 - 2 punch... In order for the Packers to go far next year is to first establish the run, than play off of that... Fundamentals of football...

The Bears didn't establish the run, Grossman had to go out slinging (sorta) :lol: ...

The Colts established the run, Manning had something to fall back on, and than the play action worked and eventually they won the game...

Freak Out
02-05-2007, 05:43 PM
I think we need another RB. I like Green and all that he has done for the Packers the last few years but I really think some new young talent would do wonders for our running game. The O-line is coming together and I just don’t feel that the combo of Green and Morency is going to get it done. Morency might surprise me but I changed my mind on Green and his ability to fit into this scheme. Let’s see if TT and Mac can find someone through the draft to take it to the next level.

oregonpackfan
02-05-2007, 06:21 PM
I agree about the lesson of the need for a running back. The Colts looked strong alternating their 2 RB's. When the Bears lost one of their RB's early, it was one factor which turned the game in the Colts favor.

As Green is aging, the Packers definitely need a quality RB.

Another lesson to be learned from last night's game is that you need a quality starting quarterback. Grossman looked downright awful. Conversely, Peyton Manning looked very much like the all-pro QB that he his.

MadtownPacker
02-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Green and Morency will do just fine for next season while the drafted RB gets his NFL legs. Hell the new guy could end up leading the team in rushing yards with the ZBS. Spend the 2, 3, or 4 pick on the best RB available and by the time Green is finished we wont see any dropoff.

BooHoo
02-05-2007, 06:37 PM
Yes, look for a RB in the draft. Green can not last forever.

Freak Out
02-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Green and Morency will do just fine for next season while the drafted RB gets his NFL legs. Hell the new guy could end up leading the team in rushing yards with the ZBS. Spend the 2, 3, or 4 pick on the best RB available and by the time Green is finished we wont see any dropoff.

I agree with this philosophy. Hell, Irons might still be there when we pick in the 2nd.

b bulldog
02-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Good running game and a good TE certainly helps also