PDA

View Full Version : FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH??

b bulldog
02-05-2007, 08:46 AM
The Packers are looking at acquiring Randy Moss,Drew Bennett,Clinton Portis or Willis McGahee. The Packers are supposedly willing to offer a third rounder and Ferguson or Ruvell Martin for Moss. The Bears could be making a serious run at Shaub or McNabb at the QB position and Riveria will become the Cowboys DC/Asst. coach.

SudsMcBucky
02-05-2007, 08:52 AM
I'd be all for taking a chance on Moss for a 3rd and Fergy. Basically, you're only giving up a 3rd. Moss' attitude is a huge concern, obviously, but if he can reenergize himself with BF, we all know the damage he can potentially do. A 3rd round pick is about the same crap shoot whether they'll be a star or not as Moss' attitude. At least with Moss, we know he CAN be a star.

Lurker64
02-05-2007, 08:59 AM
Well, Moss doesn't play every down, but he might just play more than Ferguson...

privatepacker
02-05-2007, 09:08 AM
IF I had to chose between giving up a draft choice and getting Moss or getting Drew Bennett, I would go w/ Bennett. The difference in production would be minimum and wouldn't have to give up a draft choice. Also could give you money to go after Graham the TE from NE.

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-05-2007, 09:09 AM
Clinton Portis or Willis McGahee?!?!

Were do these rumors come from. The Moss rumor is at least believable because he hates it their, but do you really think TT is going to trade for Clinton Portis or Willis McGahee? Running backs are probably the one position were you can draft a player and their expected to play from day one.

Partial
02-05-2007, 09:32 AM
IF I had to chose between giving up a draft choice and getting Moss or getting Drew Bennett, I would go w/ Bennett. The difference in production would be minimum and wouldn't have to give up a draft choice. Also could give you money to go after Graham the TE from NE.

Are you smoking pot?? Bennett gets a lot of catches 'cause who else is going to catch the ball.. He's so far from a star. He'd be our #3. Moss would be our #1 and a difference maker.

Brando19
02-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Chris Mortensen reported Sunday morning that "a Packers source confirmed" that Green Bay quarterback Brett Favre "has asked the team to seriously consider a trade for disgruntled wide receiver Randy Moss." Mortensen reported "a Raiders source" saying Raiders owner Al Davis "will only ask for a third-round pick and a receiver for a trade."

b bulldog
02-05-2007, 09:47 AM
There was talk of a Barnett/Portis trade and I'd take Portis or McGahee over Lynch any day.

Partial
02-05-2007, 09:47 AM
Bulldog what are your sources for these statements?

b bulldog
02-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Remember I stated for what it is worth, maybe not much but??? WarRoomDraftGuide.com was the source. I do think that if the coaches think anything of Hodge, Barnett will be tradebait.

Merlin
02-05-2007, 09:51 AM
Chris Mortensen reported Sunday morning that "a Packers source confirmed" that Green Bay quarterback Brett Favre "has asked the team to seriously consider a trade for disgruntled wide receiver Randy Moss." Mortensen reported "a Raiders source" saying Raiders owner Al Davis "will only ask for a third-round pick and a receiver for a trade."

IF that is true, a 3rd rounder and Ferguson for Moss? WHOLLY SHIT! Jump on that trade I say.

Partial
02-05-2007, 09:57 AM
What's nice about Moss is he only has two years left on his deal, so if he F's up this year they can cut him with only absorbing what is left of his bonus. Basically, no matter how you look at it, it would be cheaper than keeping him!!

b bulldog
02-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Someone in here needs to find what is left on his bonus so we can see what his salary would be for thye remaning two years. I don't have time to do it

Partial
02-05-2007, 10:15 AM
Someone in here needs to find what is left on his bonus so we can see what his salary would be for thye remaning two years. I don't have time to do it

I suppose I could do that. Give me a few minutes.

red
02-05-2007, 10:26 AM
NO NO NO

if he's traded his bonus hits the raiders. then its gone

the packers wouldn't have to ever worry about what his bonus was, there would be no more PRSB

if he screwed up, he could be cut, with NO cap hit

however if he is on the roster for the first game, and gets cut later in the season his SALARY, and only his salary would count against the cap

that is if we just trade for him and keep is contract the way it is, if we redo the deal, everything goes out the window

Partial
02-05-2007, 10:28 AM
NO NO NO

if he's traded his bonus hits the raiders. then its gone

the packers wouldn't have to ever worry about what his bonus was, there would be no more PRSB

if he screwed up, he could be cut, with NO cap hit

however if he is on the roster for the first game, and gets cut later in the season his SALARY, and only his salary would count against the cap

that is if we just trade for him and keep is contract the way it is, if we redo the deal, everything goes out the window

In that event, they would have to restructure the deal because their is no way the Raiders would take on a 10+ mil cap hit for a player not on their team.

Joemailman
02-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Red is right. The bonus is Oakland's problem. The original bonus was 18 mil. I don't know how much is left to be pro-rated. I read somewhere that Moss' salary this year is 7 mil. This is an interesting situation. Could Favre get Moss to play up to his potential where lesser QB's couldn't?

Merlin
02-05-2007, 10:36 AM
I know that the signing bonus stays with the team that paid it. I don't know what it was back then or how many years they get to write that off. I do know that Al Davis hasn't been known to be the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to signing and releasing players. He is concerned about winning though and if he doesn't think he can win with Moss then to him whatever the hit is will be worth it.

MadtownPacker
02-05-2007, 10:44 AM
If all this about the contract is correct then TT has gotta pull the trigger on Moss.

I wonder if this is what Favre meant when he said he was "excited"? Could TT have told him he was gonna get it done?

Partial
02-05-2007, 10:46 AM
If all this about the contract is correct then TT has gotta pull the trigger on Moss.

I wonder if this is what Favre meant when he said he was "excited"? Could TT have told him he was gonna get it done?

I thought briefly that it might be announced in that press conference the othe day. Guess I was wrong. I hope this happens. It seems unlikely, though. I really wish we could get some concrete evidence of this.

red
02-05-2007, 10:50 AM
right now, i can't find anything that tells me he ever redid his deal with the raiders. meaning he signed his current deal with the queens. and they were the ones that ate the signing bonus

so unless, the raiders redid his deal, which i can't find that they did. then the raiders could cut moss with no cap hit

his current salary numbers do seem to be inline with his original deal, plus escalators. their in the ballpark

red
02-05-2007, 10:54 AM
ok, i think i found where they did redo it a bit

it looks like he has about 4 million left in either signing bonus, or other bonuses.

worse case is its a signing bonus. the raiders would only take a 4 million dollar cap hit for trading him. his cap number this year is 11.7. meaning the raiders would save 7.7 million by trading him

its a no-brainer for the raiders to get rid of him IMO

MadtownPacker
02-05-2007, 11:00 AM
I really wish we could get some concrete evidence of this.Yeah, this topic is gonna drive me nuts. Can someone get TT on the phone and ask him to do it if he likes breathing?

red
02-05-2007, 11:08 AM
also

the trading period doesn't begin until march 2nd

teams can talk a trade before then, but nothing can happen until march 2nd

so don't hold your breath thinking this could happen at anytime now

Ballboy
02-05-2007, 11:24 AM
This just doesn't seem like a TT deal to me. Yes, the numbers fit, it would help our offense, but Randy Moss a Packer? I wish Mort would say a little more on the subject...he still wouldn't have to tell his sources.

I DO think that with Brett, Moss will go back to being a stud. I would be interested to hear about his route running.

As for the other rumors, I don't think the Bills will let go of McGahee. We all did hear rumors that the coaches weren't happy with Portis...my problem with Portis is that he wanted money in Denver after one good year. He would be a great replacement, and younger for Green.....he ran the ZBS in Denver and in Washington caught the ball several times out of the backfield.

Brando19
02-05-2007, 01:17 PM
It looks like the Raiders are going to trade receiver Randy Moss. The latest reports have Moss getting into a verbal fight with Lane Kiffin when the new coach reached out to the star receiver. Brett Favre reportedly has made it known he wouldn't mind ending his career in Green Bay playing with Moss. From SI.com

This is all over the internet these days. If this proves to be totally false, I'd be very disappointed.

packrulz
02-05-2007, 05:15 PM
I was happy with the way Driver and Jennings played this year, Martin And Holiday also had some great catches. A 3rd rounder and Fergeson would be an unbelieveable trade, I don't think Davis will let Moss gor for less than a 2nd round pick.