PDA

View Full Version : Grossman Colts MVP?

KYPack
02-06-2007, 09:53 AM
Found this on the Gazette Forums. Notice it's in "Tank"-style a phony press release!

Quote on

Grossman named Colts MVP

Colt's elusive Super Bowl ring comes with Grossman MVP award

Updated 2/5/2007 1:44 AM ET
By Chuck Wood, USA TODAY
MIAMI — Peyton Manning all but blushed.

In a startling turn of events, the Indianapolis Colts, uncontested winners of Super Bowl XLI, named Rex Grossman their Super Bowl MVP.

“He was really great for us out there,” said Tony Dungy, coach of the Champion Colts, “he really went the extra mile to ensure a victory for us and we owe him big!”

Standing on a small podium at midfield, Grossman simply nodded and appeared to suddenly look at his feet as the Colts celebrated.

“I’ve always been a Colts fan in my heart,” Grossman said. “I was hoping to get a win for the Bears, but in the end I guess my mixed loyalties caused me to play worse than I should have, I just couldn’t stop throwing the ball to the Colts players!”

In other news, when this reporter asked the Bears defense about playing deeper than common sense should allow, the reply was “hey, we realize that any high school team would have figured out that if the Colts are throwing short and embarrassing us, we should change our tactics, but hey, we like it back here!”

When asked about the shorter routes, Peyton Manning, the superstar quarterback for the Championship Indianapolis Colts, didn't have too good of a feeling when the rain began to pick up in intensity early in the first half and never really got lighter. That's one of the reasons he constantly went to shorter routes, such as the tosses to Addai. "Obviously," he said, "the passing game wasn't going to be as sharp."

Quote off

Is Grossman the worst QB ever to play in the Super Bowl?

I think so.

red
02-06-2007, 10:16 AM
no, he's not THE worst, but he's right up there

PTI went over the worse QB's in sb history

some guy i never heard of had a 0 qb rating for the game, and a couple guys had 4 and 5 int's

Jerry Tagge
02-06-2007, 10:37 AM
How about Tank Johnson Colts MVP? Jeff Saturday owned him like a prison b*tch, which is very appropriate since that's Tank's future.

How about Brian Urlacher Colts MVP? He was tossed around like a rag doll. Most of his tackles were well after the Colts picked up the first down. He enabled Manning to control the clock by tackling 10 yards down the field.

Devin Hester played well. He's the only Bears player or coach who did his job.

KYPack
02-06-2007, 10:44 AM

some guy i never heard of had a 0 qb rating for the game, and a couple guys had 4 and 5 int's

Elway?

I would've liked to see that show. Who were the players?

Grossman did amaze me. I've seen the Bears like 5-6 times this year. Our two games, the NO game, & then the play-offs. I bet that Sumbitch has more 15 - 20 yards fumbles than any other player i've ever seen in my life! he isn't content with just fumbling the ball, he runs backwards and THEN tosses it another 10 yards.

red
02-06-2007, 10:53 AM

Elway?

Grossman did amaze me. I've seen the Bears like 5-6 times this year. Our two games, the NO game, & then the play-offs. I bet that Sumbitch has more 15 - 20 yards fumbles than any other player i've ever seen in my life! he isn't content with just fumbling the ball, he runs backwards and THEN tosses it another 10 yards.

boy i don't remember all of them, but rich gannon was the 5th worst alltime, ranked by them, with his 5 int game

KYPack
02-06-2007, 11:09 AM

Elway?

boy i don't remember all of them, but rich gannon was the 5th worst alltime, ranked by them, with his 5 int game

Earl Morrall left a pretty heavy stench with his performance against the Jets in SB3:

6 of 17 for 71 yds 3 Int

Craig Morton Denver v Dallas SB 12

4 of 14 for 39 yds 4 Int

That has to be one of the worst.

red
02-06-2007, 11:14 AM
yep, those are two of the guys

i think it was morton that had the 0 qb rating

Scott Campbell
02-06-2007, 11:58 AM
I've watched enough football to know that all of those guys were far better QB's than Grossman.