PDA

View Full Version : Vegas doesn't back the Pack

Brando19
02-06-2007, 12:44 PM
The Packers are long shots to win Super Bowl XLII, and are ranked third in the NFC North.
Brett Favre or no Brett Favre, the Packers aren’t expected to contend for a spot in Super Bowl XLII.
The Packers are 25-to-1 odds to win next season’s NFC championship and a 75-to-1 long shot to win the Super Bowl, according to VegasInsider.com.

The San Diego Chargers are the favorite, at 9-to-2 odds, followed by the Indianapolis Colts and Chicago Bears (both 6-to-1), New England Patriots (9-to-1) and Cincinnati Bengals and New Orleans Saints (both 12-to-1).

In the NFC North, the Vikings are 50-to-1 long shots to win the Super Bowl while the Detroit Lions, at 125-to-1, are ahead of only the Oakland Raiders (150-to-1).

Also, for what it’s worth, ESPN’s Michael Irvin picked the Packers as his surprise team for 2007, based on Favre’s return and the team’s strong finish to 2006.

How in the heck does Vegas have the Packers third in the NFC North??? Are the Vikings better than the Packers? I DON'T THINK SO! This is why we need to make a statement in Free Agency and sign a Randy Moss, a Drew Bennet, a Leonard Davis, a Dominic Rhodes, or trade up for Adrian Peterson or Calvin Johnson.

HarveyWallbangers
02-06-2007, 01:51 PM
Nah, let them underrate us. Maybe we can sneak up on a team or two.
:D

The Vikings are always the Paper Champions.

Scott Campbell
02-06-2007, 01:54 PM
Also, for what it’s worth, ESPN’s Michael Irvin picked the Packers as his surprise team for 2007, based on Favre’s return and the team’s strong finish to 2006.[/i]

Kiss of death.

Scott Campbell
02-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Also, for what it’s worth, ESPN’s Michael Irvin picked the Packers as his surprise team for 2007, based on Favre’s return and the team’s strong finish to 2006.[/i]

Kiss of death.

Freak Out
02-06-2007, 02:05 PM

Kiss of death.

The three kisses of death.

red
02-06-2007, 02:32 PM
how are we third in the NFCN?

we're 25-1

the queens are 50-1 and the lions 125-1

looks to me like someone failed math

hmm, the irvin pick backs up a theory of mine

packer kool aide = crack

maybe we do all have the sunglasses on

HarveyWallbangers
02-06-2007, 02:38 PM

we're 25-1

packer kool aide = crack

We're 75-1 to win the Super Bowl (25-1 to win the NFC Championship). The Vikings are 50-1 to win the Super Bowl.

red
02-06-2007, 02:47 PM

we're 25-1

packer kool aide = crack

We're 75-1 to win the Super Bowl (25-1 to win the NFC Championship). The Vikings are 50-1 to win the Super Bowl.

oh

well i failed reading

how the hell are the queens going to be better then us?

Brando19
02-06-2007, 05:43 PM
Nah, let them underrate us. Maybe we can sneak up on a team or two.
:D

The Vikings are always the Paper Champions.

Hehe...no doubt. Maybe we can take the Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles down. I can't remember the last time we beat Philadelphia!

PackerPro42
02-06-2007, 05:48 PM
If we pick up a decent nickel back, a safety, TE, maybe a WR and RB... We're going to be friggen awesome. If we pick up those positions this off-season we'll be contending, mark my words, " we'll be contending."

VegasPackFan
02-06-2007, 06:45 PM
How dare you accuse me of not backing the Pack!!!!

Oh wait......

red
02-06-2007, 07:24 PM
yeah, whats up with the low odds you're giving out?

can't you talk some sense into someone there? explain how we're in good shape heading into next year with a nice young and improving team, and how with just a few moves we could be very good

Brando19
02-06-2007, 08:03 PM
How dare you accuse me of not backing the Pack!!!!

Oh wait......

Yeah...change those odds!!!!!!!!!!!!

GrnBay007
02-10-2007, 09:02 PM
By Chris Colston, USA TODAY

MIAMI — Chicago fans have packed away their Brian Urlacher jerseys and foam No. 1 fingers. There was no ticker-tape parade, no Windy City screams of "Da Bears!" The Indianapolis Colts had won Super Bowl XLI 29-17.
But like fans of the city's Cubs, Bears fans can always cry, "Wait 'til next year!"

They have good reason to do so.

Chicago managed a Super Bowl appearance despite a short-handed roster. "This isn't our best team," coach Lovie Smith said before the game. Two top players, Pro Bowl defensive tackle Tommie Harris and safety Mike Brown, missed the latter portion of the season because of injuries. With them healthy in 2007, another Bears title run could be in the offing.

But they'll have to avoid the pitfalls of recent Super Bowl losers. This season the Seattle Seahawks became the first team in six years to lose a Super Bowl and return to the playoffs the following season.

Guiness
02-11-2007, 12:37 PM
I think Cincy is in danger of taking over the Paper Champions banner.

A non-playoff team rated 12-1? Ahead of several teams that showed up?

I know they're talented, but nothing they've shown leads me to believe they should be taken seriously.

AtlPackFan
02-12-2007, 04:23 PM
I think Cincy is in danger of taking over the Paper Champions banner.

A non-playoff team rated 12-1? Ahead of several teams that showed up?

I know they're talented, but nothing they've shown leads me to believe they should be taken seriously.

IMO, the problem with Cincy is off the field. If they could just keep everyone out of the courts/jails and on the field, they may be able to justify that 12-1.