PDA

View Full Version : NflDraftCountDown.com Mock Draft Updated

PackerPro42
02-06-2007, 03:44 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

There's the link.

They have us selected the best running back in the draft, Marshawn Lynch.

esoxx
02-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Not happening.

Charles Woodson
02-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Its not updated on my site... Anyways i dont really know who is better, because Peterson is also scary good.

BallHawk
02-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Personally, I can name 3 RBs I'd rather have than Lynch. But Lynch to the Packers is obviously the popular pick among draft sites. It's monkey see, monkey do.

And I am saying right now, regardless of where Lynch goes, he will not be a successful RB in this league. Bookmark this page if you want, come back to it in a year or two, Lynch will not be a successful back.

PackerPro42
02-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Personally, I can name 3 RBs I'd rather have than Lynch. But Lynch to the Packers is obviously the popular pick among draft sites. It's monkey see, monkey do.

And I am saying right now, regardless of where Lynch goes, he will not be a successful RB in this league. Bookmark this page if you want, come back to it in a year or two, Lynch will not be a successful back.

Name them then, I'd like to see who you think is better.

PackerPro42
02-06-2007, 05:00 PM
Not happening.

Gee, I love the people that can see into the future and give us the answer without giving us any reason. They're just my favorite. At least when BallHawk continuously contradicts my points he has Some viable information.

red
02-06-2007, 05:23 PM
i love folks that think they're TT and know exactly what the team is going to do. no question in their minds

a lot of people know for a fact lately that the packers won't picl lynch and will never trade for moss

i also love how people have turned so much on lynch in the last 2 weeks. 2 weeks ago almost everyone was saying they'd be happy with lynch, and agreed he'd be a good fit. then he's ACCUSED, not convicted, of assault.

now he's a horrible running back and would be a shitty pro

BF4MVP
02-06-2007, 05:28 PM
i love folks that think they're TT and know exactly what the team is going to do. no question in their minds

a lot of people know for a fact lately that the packers won't picl lynch and will never trade for moss

i also love how people have turned so much on lynch in the last 2 weeks. 2 weeks ago almost everyone was saying they'd be happy with lynch, and agreed he'd be a good fit. then he's ACCUSED, not convicted, of assault.

Spectacular post.

Lynch remains my number 1 choice for the Pack at 16..

PackerPro42
02-06-2007, 05:28 PM

Amen, you just supported everything I was trying to say. I mean, there were a few that didn't like Lynch, cough cough BallHawk, but for the most part a lot of people liked him. He is way more talented then any other RB option (comparable to AD), so I don't get why people would want to pass on him because of a Accused sexual assault charge.

I also don't buy the "Packer People" theory going around. If a player is talented you're going to try to get him regardless of his character and intelligence.

esoxx
02-06-2007, 05:34 PM
I love people who post countless mock drafts months before the real thing and think it means anything.

PackerPro42
02-06-2007, 05:34 PM
Me too, they're a riot. :)

And considering that this is the first mock I've posted, you can pretty much shove that comment right up your....... oops, better not go there.

HarveyWallbangers
02-06-2007, 05:39 PM
I wasn't one of those that said yes or no to Lynch. I'll wait until after the combine to base an opinion. The people that are against Lynch 100% aren't any worse than the people who stick by him 100%.

Teams will interview him at the combine. If teams feel he's a complete turd, his stock will drop. If not, it will rise if he also runs well enough.

esoxx
02-06-2007, 05:51 PM
I don't like Lynch b/c he's dumber than a fence post. I'm not interested in seeing Brent Fullwood II in green & gold.

But whatever TT does is fine with me.

esoxx
02-06-2007, 05:52 PM
Is that a good enough reason for you pp? :lol:

PackerPro42
02-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Yeah, at least you actually stated you're reasoning with some form of evidence. Not very good evidence, but evidence to say the least.

BF4MVP
02-06-2007, 06:03 PM
Listening to Lynch talk I wouldn't think he was the most articulate person ever..However, I don't think that means he's unintelligent..He very well might be, I don't know..

Even if he was "dumber than a fence post," who's to say that means he can't play? Vince Young scored a 6 on the Wonderlic and I think any football fan could say that he had a successful rookie season..

Anyone who has watched Lynch play can see that he has ability..From what I've seen so far I think he'd fit in well here, but I'm not a scout...

Joemailman
02-06-2007, 06:06 PM
If the first 15 picks go the way this mock says (more or less), it will probably come down to Lynch or Jarrett. If TT trades for Moss, probably Lynch. Otherwise, I think it will be Jarrett. Unless...

The Jets are willing to part with their 2nd round pick to move up to #16 to take Lynch.

b bulldog
02-06-2007, 07:26 PM
I've heard that Lynch will run in the low 4.4 range

PackerPro42
02-06-2007, 07:35 PM
That sounds about right. He's really fast. I'm guessing a sub 4.4

Joemailman
02-06-2007, 08:13 PM
Of the top running backs, only Pittman is rated sub 4.5 by Sporting News. Peterson and Lynch are both rated 4.55. However, I don't know if those are estimates, or if those are real times. I guess we'll know in 3 weeks.

TennesseePackerBacker
02-06-2007, 08:29 PM
That sounds about right. He's really fast. I'm guessing a sub 4.4

bet you a hundred via paypal he doesn't, I've seen him play numerous times and he has looked unspectacular and sluggish.

Also watched his highlight film and the lack of broken big runs is astounding. I'm hoping we get Landry/Nelson there personally, Okoye would be nice, Lynch I'll settle with, but he's not up there on my top choices.

The fact remains though, we'll have atleast 2 choices between guys we want, there will be talent at 16.

HarveyWallbangers
02-06-2007, 09:09 PM
Lynch didn't even look remotely close to a guy who would run sub-4.4 to me when I watched him.

BallHawk
02-06-2007, 09:17 PM
Lynch didn't even look remotely close to a guy who would run sub-4.4 to me when I watched him.

Same here. He's 4.55 and up material, IMO.

Joemailman
02-06-2007, 09:29 PM
I wouldn't think there are very many running backs that do run a sub 4.4. That's elite WR speed.

b bulldog
02-06-2007, 09:35 PM
I've read where he is a 4.45 guy who is working hard with a speed trainer to try to break in the high 4.3's. I don't really like the guy so it doesn't matter to me either way.

b bulldog
02-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Carriker is getting lots of attention at the DE spot and will be shooting up the draft boards. i've heard that he could be someone the Pack could look at in the 16 spot.

Partial
02-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Carriker is overrated. Had a good senior bowl, is a good prospect based on his size and speed, but has very little in game production.

I watched quite a bit of Nebraska games since I asked about him earlier in the off-season. He's overrated. He could be a good 3-4 DE because of his size and speed combination.

b bulldog
02-06-2007, 10:15 PM
I haven't seen him play very much so I'll take your word for it.

Partial
02-06-2007, 10:41 PM
He has everything you want and it looks like he plays hard but he doesn't really have any moves, and seemingly very good linear speed, when a premiere DE will want excellent lateral speed and acceleration as well.

He'll be a solid starter no doubt, but not a premier DE. I wouldn't mind getting him, but he should go around 24-32.

BF4MVP
02-06-2007, 11:11 PM
I don't think Lynch is a sub 4.4 guy..Probably mid 4.4's..He's fast enough though..

Deputy Nutz
02-07-2007, 08:47 AM
If Ted Ginn is there, then to me it is a no brainer. Ginn might not be the route runner or wide receiver you might want with the 16th pick, but it is his ability to return punts and kicks thats makes him a valuable option with the 16th selection. Running backs to me are a dime a dozen, and outside of Ginn I would be looking at a defensive end, or another Wide Receiver. I would take a shot at Jarrett before I would select Lynch or any other running back besides Adrian Peterson with the 16th pick.

Cheesehead Craig
02-07-2007, 09:19 AM
Carriker is overrated. Had a good senior bowl, is a good prospect based on his size and speed, but has very little in game production.

I watched quite a bit of Nebraska games since I asked about him earlier in the off-season. He's overrated. He could be a good 3-4 DE because of his size and speed combination.
The Jets really want this guy (well, at least their fans do). I agree with Partial in that having him at #18 is a bit high for him.

Partial
02-07-2007, 09:41 AM

The Jets really want this guy (well, at least their fans do). I agree with Partial in that having him at #18 is a bit high for him.

I'd be happy with trading down with the Jets because that will hopefully make our choice of which receiver to take easier while netting us another pick.

K-town
02-07-2007, 10:20 AM

I asked this question before, and I didn't see a reply yet - is this guy any relation to the stiff we drafted in 1984, Alphonso Carriker? Alphonso was the "Secretary of Defense", and the precursor to Cletidus Hunt, Darrius Holland, etc. Except he cost a 1st round pick. If this guy is any relation, for the love of God, STAY AWAY!

HarveyWallbangers
02-07-2007, 10:31 AM
I asked this question before, and I didn't see a reply yet - is this guy any relation to the stiff we drafted in 1984, Alphonso Carriker? Alphonso was the "Secretary of Defense", and the precursor to Cletidus Hunt, Darrius Holland, etc. Except he cost a 1st round pick. If this guy is any relation, for the love of God, STAY AWAY!

Alphonso spelled his name Carreker, I believe. He was also black--while Adam Carriker is white. Could be related, but I doubt it.
:D

K-town
02-07-2007, 10:42 AM

Alphonso spelled his name Carreker, I believe. He was also black--while Adam Carriker is white. Could be related, but I doubt it.
:D

Thanks! :)

Fritz
02-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Trade down, baby! I want two second rounders, if not three, and two thirds, and two fourths...Lots and lots of picks.

Charles Woodson
02-07-2007, 08:28 PM
Really the ideal situation is if:

Plan A: Reggie Nelson or Laron Landry is there, Mean while TT trades fergie KGB and a 4th for Moss.

Plan B: Trade down to where the jets or chiefs are and select Sidney Rice. I really dont know what it is but my gut feeling says Rice will be good.

BallHawk
02-07-2007, 08:36 PM
I wouldn't mind Rice.

BooHoo
02-07-2007, 08:48 PM
On the field does it really matter if the guy runs 4.4 or 4.5?

RashanGary
02-07-2007, 09:18 PM
I don't like Landry but I'm right with the Nelson fans here. He's a playmaker.

Partial
02-07-2007, 09:18 PM
Jennings I am glad you are back you mac dork.

BallHawk
02-07-2007, 09:21 PM
On the field does it really matter if the guy runs 4.4 or 4.5?

None whatsoever.

RashanGary
02-07-2007, 09:25 PM
Jennings I am glad you are back you mac dork.

I'm on my PC right now. I got a wireless router coming via email. I figure it doens't make too much sense for me to set up my laptop at the same desk my PC is at just to go on the net :)

What's up fellow mac dork?

BTW..I've become more of a believer in production than #'s so I don't think we'll clash too much this draft.

RashanGary
02-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Reggie Nelson
Leon Hall
Charles Johnson
Marshawn Lynch
Laron Landry
Gaines Adams
Ted Ginn Jr.

If I had to guess, I would guess our guy is somewhere in that list of names.

BallHawk
02-07-2007, 09:34 PM
Yes
No
Maybe
NO
Yes
No
Yes

Partial
02-07-2007, 09:39 PM
I think he might be right with Gaines Adams. I could see him tumbling, especially if Carriker puts up freakish combine numbers, as well as the Arkansas dude.

Okoye could be the first defensive player off the board if Adams has an average combine.

RashanGary
02-07-2007, 09:45 PM
It's sooo hard to guess. Scouting services like Scouts inc and Kiper are usually within 10 picks of the first 20 so we have a general idea who our guys are. The top 5 are usually pretty set. The next 5 are also etched out pretty well. After that, it's about 10 guys who could go to us and I s'pose nobody is off limits. We don't know TT well enough to guess. I'm guessing whoever he takes will have had a productive college career. He seems to put alot of stock in that. I think Leon Hall is a candidate who could slip to us because of unimpressive combine #'s but he would be a really good zone corner and Woodson played with his eyes ahead alot so I wouldn't count him out either.

TennesseePackerBacker
02-07-2007, 09:56 PM
I like Meachem over Rice, his stock will really rise after the combines.

BallHawk
02-08-2007, 06:45 AM
I like Meachem over Rice, his stock will really rise after the combines.

Since you are in Tenn. I assume you have followed Meachem more than the rest of us. Would you mind giving us your own scouting report on Mechem. It would be much appreciated.

Partial
02-08-2007, 06:48 AM
It's sooo hard to guess. Scouting services like Scouts inc and Kiper are usually within 10 picks of the first 20 so we have a general idea who our guys are. The top 5 are usually pretty set. The next 5 are also etched out pretty well. After that, it's about 10 guys who could go to us and I s'pose nobody is off limits. We don't know TT well enough to guess. I'm guessing whoever he takes will have had a productive college career. He seems to put alot of stock in that. I think Leon Hall is a candidate who could slip to us because of unimpressive combine #'s but he would be a really good zone corner and Woodson played with his eyes ahead alot so I wouldn't count him out either.

I agree on all of this.