PDA

View Full Version : THANK YOU 49ERS, PACKERS SET UP FOR A TRADE WITH THE RAIDERS

gbpackfan
04-24-2006, 04:25 AM
49ers | Team could trade with the Raiders – if Young is available
Sun, 23 Apr 2006 18:40:50 -0700

Matt Maiocco, of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports San Francisco 49ers' vice president of player personnel Scot McCloughan is not ruling out the possibility that the 49ers and Oakland Raiders could end up speaking during the NFL Draft Saturday, April 29, especially if Texas QB Vince Young is still available when the 49ers pick at No. 6. "If he does fall to six, we're going to field some calls, and they (the Raiders) are going to know that," McCloughan said. "If that's the guy they've pinpointed, they're not going to want to miss out on him." The Raiders would likely have to part with their first- and fourth-round picks (No. 101 overall) to get the No. 6.

__________________________________________________ _________________

So if the draft shakes out like this:

BUSH
WILLIAMS
LEINART
D'BRICK

The Packers will be looking at Vince Young, AJ Hawk and Vernon Davis. The Raiders REALLY want V. Young and with the 49ers making it very clear they are willing to trade their pick, Al Davis may not want to let another team offer more and steal the pick out out from under them. If Young is available and if TT doesn't want him, it would seem that his phone will be ringing off the hook. I would love to see TT trade down to the Raiders and still get Hawk or Davis. What an excellent spot to be in!

CyclonePackFan
04-24-2006, 04:33 AM
You mean still get Davis, because there's NO way A.J. Hawk makes it past #6. At that point I see us taking Michael Huff over Vernon Davis, anyway.

packrulz
04-24-2006, 04:50 AM
If TT traded with the Raiders and took Huff I'd be ok with that, he's fast and has some skills to go with it.

gbpackfan
04-24-2006, 04:52 AM
The Packers could still get Hawk if the 49ers took V. Davis or M. Huff. You never know how things are going to work out.

Tarlam!
04-24-2006, 04:58 AM
Any way we slice this draft, it is as exyciting a draft as I ever seen approaching. It has depth, we have a decent spot for a change, there are maniac owners willing to do deals...This is gonna be great!

CyclonePackFan
04-24-2006, 05:03 AM
It's a tough call, on one hand you know SF would love to get Alex Smith a weapon, but I think the loss of Julian Peterson (and I think another starting LB) is way too big of a gap to ignore.

Tarlam, you're right. this is gonna be one hell of a draft.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2006, 10:06 AM
I believe that the 49ers are looking at Davis all the way at 6, and if they look to trade they will either take Davis if he is still available, or Huff. Either way this team has more holes than even the Packers. The only thing the 49ers don't need is a QB.

They would take Ferguson if he was available.

billy_oliver880
04-24-2006, 10:23 AM
The only thing the 49ers don't need is a QB.

So you think they have a qb that can be the franchise for awhile huh? I saw some of his throws...he did not look like he was doing that good.

MadtownPacker
04-24-2006, 11:10 AM

So you think they have a qb that can be the franchise for awhile huh? I saw some of his throws...he did not look like he was doing that good.

Yup, it's funny how many are saying ARod is a bust even though he didnt get to play much yet ASmith had more chances to show what he has, stuck the place up and is still considered a franchise QB.

Im gonna have to show some homeristic tendencies and declare that ARod will have the better pro career.
:mrgreen:

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2006, 11:24 AM

I am not saying that I think Alex Smith is going to be the next Steve Young. What I am saying is that they have already invested the next 3 to 4 years in him because he was the first overall pick and they gave him 49 million dollars.

I will also give Smith some benies because he plays on a horrible team with zero protection, no running back, and very little to throw to. Plus he was a first year QB. How many thought that Carson Palmer was going to be a bust? He just needed a team around him and some time to develop.

gbpackfan
04-24-2006, 11:26 AM
WOW! That is the first post that I have read about A-ROD that actually makes sense.

A-ROD IS NOT A BUST. Give the guy a chance. He has the drive, smarts and arm to succeed. The only problem most people have with him is that he's not Brett Favre.