PDA

View Full Version : Driver / Kampman - Pro Bowlers

Kiwon
02-06-2007, 07:18 PM
It's been said before but it's worth repeating...

Kudos to Driver and Kampman for their Pro Bowl selections. Here's a 7th rounder and a 5th rounder that were rated average players by the experts but they believed in themselves, worked hard, and justifiably earned their selections on a team in the NFL's smallest media market.

Two great stories in my book. These are team guys who lead by example and inspire the others around them. The Packers are very fortunate to have them both.

packerbacker1234
02-07-2007, 08:28 AM
I agree I am very happy we have them.

I just wish the media would be nicer. I mean I am glad Kampy got in, but he's not even a starter? He only was number one or two in the entire NFL in sacks for DE's yet he doesn't start. To me, thats not right.

Then there are those media people that say driver is only in Because T.O. could not keep his mouth shut.

I am sorry, but driver was in the top 5 in EVERY MAJOR receiving category.

I am very happy there both in. Now they need to get there heads on str8 and not put a guy like tony romo who had a handful of games played in the probowl.

Overall though, those two that made it are well deserving.

Guiness
02-07-2007, 02:14 PM
Near the top of the league in sacks, AND stout against the run. Most guys give you one or the other. ProBowlers, which Kamp certainly was this year give you both!

Kiwon
02-07-2007, 04:00 PM
IMHO, the sports media increasingly apes the entertainment media and pumps up their own "stars" just for ratings. A talented player's off the field antics and troubled personal life get a lot of attention if he's an engaging personality. The worse he acts, the more buzz he creates. It's tabloid news done just for ratings.

I respect guys like Driver and Kampman because they gained attention by what they did on the field. Neither one may get their own clothing line or become household names but they will have the satisfaction of knowing that they earned their Pro Bowl selections without the influence of a management agency creating a marketable image for them using the sports media.