PDA

View Full Version : Kreutz, Briggs and Urlacher all back out of pro-bowl

gbpackfan
02-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Seems that the Bears are slightly embarassed by their Super Bowl loss. Never mind, I just read on KFFL.com that they are injured. All three have sprained vaginas! HA HA HA. THE BEARS STILL SUCK!!!

Brando19
02-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Seems that the Bears are slightly embarassed by their Super Bowl loss. Never mind, I just read on KFFL.com that they are injured. All three have sprained vaginas! HA HA HA. THE BEARS STILL SUCK!!!

Lol...
I think the entire Pro Bowl thing is turning into a big joke. If you're voted in to play...I think they should play! I mean...whatever happened to being appreciative of this honor?

red
02-06-2007, 09:15 PM
i disagree.

its been a long season, and they just ended on a bad loss

they gotta be crushed right now, and if i were them all i would want to do is get the hell away from the game for a bit. the last thing i would want to do is go do all the pro bowl BS, and play in a meaningless game, and risk injury.

if i'm briggs about to cash in on a huge deal theres no way i would risk an injury for anything right now

i do think the whole pro bowl is a joke. you play a game where the risk of injury is very high. the players don't care and the fans don't care about it. and its after the season when players should just be relaxing and recovering

get rid of the pro bowl IMO

KYPack
02-06-2007, 09:31 PM
It once was an incentive for some $ and a Califonia winter vacation.

They had to move it to Hawaii for increased incentive.

Now it doesn't fit.

All these guys want to go on their own exotics vacations and can easily afford them.

For these Bears, in re-infoces one fact. Losing the Super Bowl is the worst thing for a team. It's such a downer and all your weaknesses are exposed to 30 other teams.

Lookit Oakland, losing the SB shattered 'em.

Hopefully that happens to the Bears and their boy QB.

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-06-2007, 09:36 PM
Is Barnett going now? I hope not it would just get his head fat and have him seeing dollar signs.

b bulldog
02-06-2007, 09:46 PM
who cares about this game,.

gbpackfan
02-06-2007, 09:47 PM
Barnett is not going. Either is Harris. I thought they were both next in line but I guess they were a little further down the "reserve row" then I thought.

KYPack
02-06-2007, 10:15 PM
Is Barnett going now? I hope not it would just get his head fat and have him seeing dollar signs.

Derrick Brooks from TB is next in line.

Pacopete4
02-06-2007, 11:49 PM
who cares?... the games a joke and i think most of them know that.. once they go once it gets old cuz the excitment is gone, im sure those guys are tired and banged up and are doing whats best for their careers

SkinBasket
02-07-2007, 08:20 AM
The only reason the players "care" is the contract bonuses. They may as well just name an All-Pro team for contract incentives, drop the actual game, and leave it at that. I haven't watched even part of a pro bowl in more than 12 years.

packerbacker1234
02-07-2007, 08:32 AM
I think the probowl should be done. I still think people should get voted into the probowl still as more as standouts overall in there conference. I just don't see a point in the game. It's nice to see all the stars out there.

I can't complain in the end because on of these years if Favre gets in it could be the last time to see him in action. Tell favre then that the probowl is pointless.

Tell Tiki. It's a nice send off game and that may even be why they still play a game at all.

Patler
02-07-2007, 08:48 AM
Barnett was the alternate middle linebacker, but Antonio Pierce has been selected to replace Urlacher. Might be because of Barnett's hand injury, and the fact he is looking for a new contract. If he were to be injured at the Pro Bowl, contract talks would stall.

GBRulz
02-07-2007, 09:02 AM
I can't complain in the end because on of these years if Favre gets in it could be the last time to see him in action. Tell favre then that the probowl is pointless.

I think Favre does think that the PB is pointless. I believe he's backed out of the last 3 that he was chosen for.

KYPack
02-07-2007, 10:01 AM
Barnett was the alternate middle linebacker, but Antonio Pierce has been selected to replace Urlacher. Might be because of Barnett's hand injury, and the fact he is looking for a new contract. If he were to be injured at the Pro Bowl, contract talks would stall.

yeah,

SI said Brooks had been selected as the alternate. I should've known they were wrong.

At least Pierce sounded thrilled to be an alternate.

It's his first time.

Patler
02-07-2007, 10:05 AM

yeah,

SI said Brooks had been selected as the alternate. I should've known they were wrong.

It's his first time.

I think Brooks replaced Lance Briggs.

HarveyWallbangers
02-07-2007, 10:26 AM

More than one alternate is named. Could be that Brooks was first alternate, and Barnett is second or third alternate.

HarveyWallbangers
02-07-2007, 10:28 AM

Favre would just back out of the game--like he has the last 3 or 4 Pro Bowls. Funny that iron man is never injured enough to miss a meaningful game, but always injured at Pro Bowl time. Can't say that I blame him. I'm sure the novelty wears off after a few years on the team.

KYPack
02-07-2007, 10:51 AM

yeah,

It's his first time.

I think Brooks replaced Lance Briggs.

OIC.

Pro Bowl shit gets confusing at times.

Patler
02-07-2007, 10:52 AM

More than one alternate is named. Could be that Brooks was first alternate, and Barnett is second or third alternate.

I think they differentiate between inside LBs and outside LBs for the alternates, just like they do for the starters. Thus, Barnett was an alternate for inside, and Brooks for the outside. I don't think they were alternates for the same positions.

Both Brooks and Antonio Pierce have been added as injury replacements, Brooks on the outside for Briggs and Pierce on the inside for Urlacher

HarveyWallbangers
02-07-2007, 11:02 AM
Brooks was selected to replace Briggs, but Pierce was selected to replace Urlacher. The reason for that may have nothing to do with Barnett. He just may have been the first alternate--while Barnett could have been the second or third alternate. This has happened to Harris in previous years. He was chosen as an alternate, but not the first alternate. I don't remember JSO or packers.com breaking down whether a player was first, second, third, etc. alternate this year, so I couldn't tell you where he falls on the list of alternates.

Partial
02-07-2007, 12:35 PM
So here's a question: Do we like Pierce more then Barnett? Did we pick the wrong LB? I believe they were both drafted in the same year with Pierce going to Washington in the second, right?

Patler
02-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Brooks was selected to replace Briggs, but Pierce was selected to replace Urlacher. The reason for that may have nothing to do with Barnett. He just may have been the first alternate--while Barnett could have been the second or third alternate. This has happened to Harris in previous years. He was chosen as an alternate, but not the first alternate. I don't remember JSO or packers.com breaking down whether a player was first, second, third, etc. alternate this year, so I couldn't tell you where he falls on the list of alternates.

Barnett has been an alternate in the past too, but never made it. I thought I saw one article that listed first and second alternates, and Barnett was first, because I have been thinking all along that he had a real chance to make it this year, like Driver did a few years ago, Flanagan too. I've looked on nfl.com and other places I would have expected it to be, and have not found it. So it might be the recollection of a delusional old man!

But if he was the first alternate, in view of circumstances, I could see him passing it up.