LB
Pittsburgh

63 Chicago Troy Smith
QB
Ohio State

64 Tampa Bay (from Indianapolis) Tony Ugoh
OT
Arkansas

I also donno if any of you caught sportcenter tonight...but they had Brady Quinn dropping ot #9, Miami. I know lots of you don't like him, but 2 teams will not let him pass by, #1, Cleveland I don't think will, but could...but one team that won't, and I'll hate it the rest of my life, is Minnesota. He's perfect for their system, and is exactly what Childress wants in a QB.

BF4MVP
02-06-2007, 11:09 PM
I haven't seen so many mock drafts with Green Bay picking the same player since...well...last year..

Could they all be correct again? I hope so. I really like Lynch..I soured on him as a person due to the allegations of sexual assault, but he was ACCUSED, not CONVICTED..No one knows what happened except Marshawn and the woman accusing him..All that aside, I think as a player, Lynch could be exactly what the Packers need in a runningback..Good size, hits the hole hard, good cutback ability, and big play ability..He is also an effective receiver out of the backfield..I say pick him...

CyclonePackFan
02-07-2007, 12:00 AM
I don't see Mike Griffin dropping to #47, not after the Senior Bowl

HarveyWallbangers
02-07-2007, 12:15 AM
I haven't seen so many mock drafts with Green Bay picking the same player since...well...last year..

Easy to be correct with the top 5 picks. Much different being correct at #16. I'd say there's a 1 in 10 chance Lynch is wearing Packers Green & Gold next year.

PackerPro42
02-07-2007, 06:49 AM
Although I love the Lynch picks Im seeing, I'd say there's a 1 to 3 chance he wears the Green and Gold. Depending on who drops, the Packers may go after Nelson , Landry, or Lynch, I can't see them going after Jarrett though. He just isn't that impressive and I don't want a Mike Williams 2.

I love the second round pick for the Packers, if that happened we would have two awesome starters right away.

Fritz
02-07-2007, 06:57 AM
Fact is, nobody - not even TT - knows who the Pack will take.

Bretsky
02-07-2007, 07:32 AM
Although I love the Lynch picks Im seeing, I'd say there's a 1 to 3 chance he wears the Green and Gold. Depending on who drops, the Packers may go after Nelson , Landry, or Lynch, I can't see them going after Jarrett though. He just isn't that impressive and I don't want a Mike Williams 2.

I love the second round pick for the Packers, if that happened we would have two awesome starters right away.

I really think Jarrett is a lot more developed in his route running skills than Williams was

BallHawk
02-07-2007, 07:37 AM
If I remember correctly, Williams was incredibly raw. He also had been out of football for a year. I think it is unfair to compare two receivers to each other just because they went to the same school. You also have to take in mind that USC has produced some pretty good WRs over the years.

packrulz
02-08-2007, 05:30 AM
I would think TT would take Leon Hall over Lynch, although I think Lynch is talented. Denver has proved you can pick up RB's who can produce in the zone blocking scheme in later rounds. I think TT will be looking for a DB to slip to 16, Nelson, Landry, or Hall, one of them might still be there. I could see him trading down too, I think the first round is kind of average and the meat of the draft is in rounds 2-4.

RashanGary
02-08-2007, 06:38 AM
Fact is, nobody - not even TT - knows who the Pack will take.

VERY TRUE!!!!

We're too far down to even be close. The best we can do with some accuracy is get it down to 10 players.

Partial
02-08-2007, 06:47 AM
If I remember correctly, Williams was incredibly raw. He also had been out of football for a year. I think it is unfair to compare two receivers to each other just because they went to the same school. You also have to take in mind that USC has produced some pretty good WRs over the years.

They are similiar in size, body composition, speed, speed in and out of cuts, etc.

BallHawk
02-08-2007, 06:50 AM

They are similiar in size, body composition, speed, speed in and out of cuts, etc.

I can't argue with that, so we'll just have to wait and see what his combine numbers are like. I don't think Jarrett will be great, but I think he will be better than Mike Williams.(Not exactly I high standard when you come to think of it.)

PackerPro42
02-08-2007, 06:53 AM
I would think TT would take Leon Hall over Lynch, although I think Lynch is talented. Denver has proved you can pick up RB's who can produce in the zone blocking scheme in later rounds. I think TT will be looking for a DB to slip to 16, Nelson, Landry, or Hall, one of them might still be there. I could see him trading down too, I think the first round is kind of average and the meat of the draft is in rounds 2-4.

The only one out of the three of those players I'd be happy with is Nelson. I think Landry is way over hyped and he proved by playing like crap in his bowl game. I'd watched a couple of his games over the season and he didn't impress at all. As for Hall, he has got to be the most over hyped player in the draft. He isn't extremely fast and has mediocre acceleration at best. Not to mention his coverage skills are very raw as well. Nelson on the other hand is a balla. He can straight up play. He proved it through out the season and I wouldn't mind getting him or Lynch at the 16 pick.

swede
02-08-2007, 08:31 AM
No way TT picks an average running back with #16. This team will need the best football player available at pick 16. I doubt Marshawn Lynch is that guy.

packrulz
02-08-2007, 02:48 PM

The only one out of the three of those players I'd be happy with is Nelson. I think Landry is way over hyped and he proved by playing like crap in his bowl game. I'd watched a couple of his games over the season and he didn't impress at all. As for Hall, he has got to be the most over hyped player in the draft. He isn't extremely fast and has mediocre acceleration at best. Not to mention his coverage skills are very raw as well. Nelson on the other hand is a balla. He can straight up play. He proved it through out the season and I wouldn't mind getting him or Lynch at the 16 pick.

That's why I feel the first round is so average, or below average, there are lots of question marks with most of these guys, even Lynch has character issues. To me the players that are close to a sure thing are Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, and Reggie Nelson, the rest are iffy, and those 3 will be gone by the time the Packers pick. That's why I wouldn't mind if TT trades down out of the first round for an extra 2nd and 4th round pick. I do think Lynch is talented, if he can stay out of trouble. Maurice Clarrett was talented too but couldn't stay clean. That worries me when you're going to pay him 1st round money.

Partial
02-08-2007, 02:56 PM

I can't argue with that, so we'll just have to wait and see what his combine numbers are like. I don't think Jarrett will be great, but I think he will be better than Mike Williams.(Not exactly I high standard when you come to think of it.)

I think Mike Williams is going to be a game-changing tight end if he ever gets a passion for the game. This is why you've got to draft character guys. Mike Williams and Charles Rodgers have all the talent in the world and realistically the Lions should be one of the better teams in the NFC because of all that talent, but the guys they get all cash in it upon receiving their signing bonus.

Can't necessarily blame them. Hell, i'd take a 5 mil guaranteed, throw it in some investments, and live off the interest, and slack off in football so I didn't hurt myself. But then again I am destined to be a failure.

Partial
02-08-2007, 02:57 PM

That's why I feel the first round is so average, or below average, there are lots of question marks with most of these guys, even Lynch has character issues. To me the players that are close to a sure thing are Calvin Johnson, Adrian Peterson, and Reggie Nelson, the rest are iffy, and those 3 will be gone by the time the Packers pick. That's why I wouldn't mind if TT trades down out of the first round for an extra 2nd and 4th round pick. I do think Lynch is talented, if he can stay out of trouble. Maurice Clarrett was talented too but couldn't stay clean. That worries me when you're going to pay him 1st round money.

Nelson is a sure thing? He played one season!

packrulz
02-08-2007, 03:28 PM
I didn't know Nelson only played one season, so he's iffy too then. It sort of proves my point about the first round having a lot of question marks. By the same token his inexperience might make him slip to the 16th pick, and Manuel wasn't a huge upgrade over Roman, so I still think Nelson would be a nice pick at 16.

Partial
02-08-2007, 03:29 PM
I didn't know Nelson only played one season, so he's iffy too then. It sort of proves my point about the first round having a lot of question marks. By the same token his inexperience might make him slip to the 16th pick, and Manuel wasn't a huge upgrade over Roman, so I still think Nelson would be a nice pick at 16.

I would like Nelson. He's a good player.

packrulz
02-08-2007, 03:47 PM
Call me crazy, but I think QB Drew Stanton is going to climb into the first round like Jay Cutler did last year. He's had injury problems but nothing major and has the size, mobility, and arm strength you look for, he just played on a crappy team. I'm not saying TT should draft him, I just think his stock is going to rise at the combine.

BallHawk
02-08-2007, 05:03 PM
Call me crazy, but I think QB Drew Stanton is going to climb into the first round like Jay Cutler did last year. He's had injury problems but nothing major and has the size, mobility, and arm strength you look for, he just played on a crappy team. I'm not saying TT should draft him, I just think his stock is going to rise at the combine.

I think he could possibly climb up to the early 2nd round, but I don't think the 1st round. Maybe the Raiders could pick him up in the 2nd if in the first they get CJ.

esoxx
02-08-2007, 05:45 PM
Cutler was definite first round stock at this point last year. Not sure it's an apt comparison with Stanton. However I do like Stanton and wouldn't mind seeing the Pack take him if he lasts into the 3rd.

Charles Woodson
02-08-2007, 06:12 PM
No way TT picks an average running back with #16. This team will need the best football player available at pick 16. I doubt Marshawn Lynch is that guy.

Personally i go back and forth with Lynch, i but i dont agree with you saying lynch isnt the best football player avalible. If he isnt than he is easily top three people.