PDA

View Full Version : Andy Reid news: not important, but sad and pathetic

sac2020
02-07-2007, 09:12 AM
NORRISTOWN, Pa. -- The 21-year-old son of Philadelphia Eagles coach Andy Reid was charged Tuesday with drug and weapon offenses stemming from an incident in which he is accused of pointing a gun at another motorist.

Britt Reid was arraigned on nine counts including making terroristic threats, possession of a controlled substance and a felony charge of carrying a firearm without a license. Reid did not speak to reporters as he left court with his attorney after posting bail.

Reid got into an argument with another motorist Jan. 30, pointing a handgun at the man and laughing before driving off, prosecutors said. The other driver managed to get the license plate number of Reid's black SUV and police traced it back to Reid's parents.

The other motorist described the driver with the gun as "a white kid trying to act like a gangster."

An officer spoke by phone with Britt Reid's mother, Tammy, who told them her son was driving the SUV while his own vehicle was undergoing repairs. Britt Reid's parents were on vacation at the time.

Armed with a search warrant, police later that day recovered a shotgun, ammunition and containers with white residue from the vehicle Reid had been driving, as well as a handgun from his room at the home he shares with his parents in the Philadelphia suburb of Villanova. That gun matched the description of the weapon given to police by the other driver, authorities said.

Reid was also charged with one count each of simple assault, making terroristic threats possession of an instrument of crime and making false reports to authorities.

First Assistant District Attorney Risa Vetri Ferman said Reid gave conflicting statements to officers from two different police departments, but in both cases said he only pulled out a flashlight during the confrontation with the other motorist and was not carrying a gun.

Several hours after the alleged confrontation, Reid was at the scene of an unrelated accident involving his brother, Garrett, Ferman said. He told an officer from a nearby township that he had been involved in an earlier altercation in which a man pulled a gun on him and he responded by pulling out a large flashlight, she said.

West Conshohocken police then took Reid from the scene for questioning and he changed his story, saying instead that the other driver only appeared to be looking for a gun, according to Ferman.

Britt Reid was also charged with three counts of drug possession after cocaine, Oxycodone and marijuana were found in his vehicle, authorities said; he also faces one count of possession of drug paraphernalia. His preliminary hearing on all the charges was set for Feb. 16.

The accident involving Garrett Reid, who according to police admitted he had used heroin earlier in the day, remains under investigation. A search of Garrett Reid's vehicle turned up three Adderal capsules and 19 unidentified pills, according to police records. Ferman declined to comment on the status of that investigation.

]{ilr]3
02-07-2007, 10:05 AM
His kids sound like total turds and should have been drowned in a bucket at birth.

Might be crude, but anything that means trouble for the eagles is ok with me. I get sick and tired of the fact that we have to play them every stinking year just because the NFL thinks its a great match to attract viewers or something.

prsnfoto
02-07-2007, 10:07 AM
They might be bigger coach killers than Vick, Sounds like they both need some tough love from Daddy, kick their asses out.

MadtownPacker
02-07-2007, 01:14 PM
If Reid couldnt handle his own kids he never had a chance with owens.

Whats up with the name "Britt"?

K-town
02-07-2007, 01:23 PM

Name of a talentless but slutty "actress" from the 1960s and 70s - Britt Ecklund. Rod Stewart's ex. And damn me for knowing that.

Jerry Tagge
02-07-2007, 03:19 PM

Name of a talentless but slutty "actress" from the 1960s and 70s - Britt Ecklund. Rod Stewart's ex. And damn me for knowing that.
Britt Reid (or is it Britt Reed) is the secret identity of the Green Hornet.

Yeah, I watch way too much TV.

Fritz
02-07-2007, 04:34 PM

I love this part of your response... the phrase "talentless but slutty" suggests that her sluttiness was her redeeming feature. And I would agree. If you don't have talent as an actress, then at least share your wealth!

I remember her too, BTW. She was hot, and hotter for being a bad girl.

Jimx29
02-07-2007, 05:05 PM
{ilr]3]His kids sound like total turds and should have been drowned in a bucket at birth.

Do ya suppose Andy not ever being around being a real Father cause he's to busy trying to be a coach had anything to do with the kids turning out like this?

same/same with Dungy and his kid.

:nodsnods:

falco
02-07-2007, 05:59 PM
{ilr]3]His kids sound like total turds and should have been drowned in a bucket at birth.

Might be crude, but anything that means trouble for the eagles is ok with me. I get sick and tired of the fact that we have to play them every stinking year just because the NFL thinks its a great match to attract viewers or something.

Thats why we play them every year? I thought it was because they typically end the same place in their divison as we do in ours, or because we are playing the NFC East that year.

esoxx
02-07-2007, 09:21 PM
You are correct sir. There are no NFL assigned match ups based on game marquee.

packers11
02-07-2007, 09:24 PM
I hate the eagles ever since 4th and 26... I will never forget that damn play, we were 1 play away from the NFC championship, and 1 game away from the Superbowl...

:(

BallHawk
02-07-2007, 09:27 PM
I hate the eagles ever since 4th and 26... I will never forget that damn play, we were 1 play away from the NFC championship, and 1 game away from the Superbowl...

:(

I still remember like it was yesterday.... :evil:

Scott Campbell
02-07-2007, 10:36 PM

Hard to believe Rock'n Rod married a slutty girl.

Scott Campbell
02-07-2007, 10:38 PM

Do ya suppose Andy not ever being around being a real Father cause he's to busy trying to be a coach had anything to do with the kids turning out like this?

same/same with Dungy and his kid.

:nodsnods:

I hate to see Tony thrown under the bus like that, but you do wonder how these guys have any time at all to be a parent. They don't have any free time.