PDA

View Full Version : QB Hypothetical

Tarlam!
04-24-2006, 04:54 AM
O.K. Rats, here's a hypothitical.

1. Brett retires.
2. One of the big 3 QB falls to TT and he picks him.
3. We ign a Vet backup QB.

Now, who would start? Can A-Rod beat out a rookie of the Big 3?

How long before we trade one of them?

MJZiggy
04-24-2006, 07:52 AM
A-Rod said on NFL Network this week that if GB drafts another QB in the first round, his days with the team are likely numbered. Although if Brett's gone, he might want to stick around and fight it out. Now there would be an interesting and informative camp.

MadtownPacker
04-24-2006, 08:59 AM
A-Rod said on NFL Network this week that if GB drafts another QB in the first round, his days with the team are likely numbered.

He said that?

Sounds like TT told him not to sweat it, just a part of the game plan.

There aint gonna be a QB drafted at #5 on Saturday unless he is to trade away or someone traded for the #5.

MJZiggy
04-24-2006, 09:11 AM
If you go to nfl.com and under the video section, scroll down and you'll find Aaron Rodgers on NFLTA. It's about a 2-3 minute piece where he talks about sitting in the draft room for 4 hours while the cleaning crew cleaned up the room and what if the Pack selects another QB. He said it's a possibility, but he hopes not.

MadtownPacker
04-24-2006, 09:18 AM
Taking a QB back to back would make TT look like a fool who made a bad pick last year IMO. Polar BEar aint no fool and ARod hasnt had the chance to prove he is a bad pick. If he sucks as bad as many say the Packers will be having another top 5 pick soon enough.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2006, 10:26 AM
Take Leinart, and trade Rodgers for a third. Would a team even give us a third for Rodgers?

MJZiggy
04-24-2006, 10:31 AM
How 'bout the teams that really wanted Leinart when we pick him?

I'm still of the opinion that I'd rather give 'em someone to throw to until we find out if he sucks. I think the only one who really has a decent idea of that right now is M3. And I thought one of the worst mistakes a coach or GM can make is to wait too long to admit it if you make a mistake and not do something to correct it.

b bulldog
04-24-2006, 09:56 PM
Young is the best QB in this draft imo!

Bretsky
04-24-2006, 09:58 PM
Take Leinart, and trade Rodgers for a third. Would a team even give us a third for Rodgers?

Maybe a good team would sacrifice a late third if we are lucky

b bulldog
04-24-2006, 10:00 PM
I wouldn't, would you.

Bretsky
04-24-2006, 10:08 PM
I wouldn't, would you.

You are asking the wrong guy; at best I'd give a late 4th for Rodgers. I hated the pick from the start and truly hope I'm wrong, but my view has not changed. From reading current scouts views it doesn't sound like many are high on him outside of the organization. Truth be told, so far he hasn't given us much to get excited about.

GBRulz
04-24-2006, 11:52 PM
Taking a QB back to back would make TT look like a fool who made a bad pick last year IMO. Polar BEar aint no fool and ARod hasnt had the chance to prove he is a bad pick. If he sucks as bad as many say the Packers will be having another top 5 pick soon enough.

Right on Mad. I don't think TT would admit that he made a mistake drafting Rodgers by picking another QB first this year. UNLESS Brett announced his retirement prior to the draft - then that would be his excuse.

GBRulz
04-24-2006, 11:54 PM
I wouldn't, would you.

You are asking the wrong guy; at best I'd give a late 4th for Rodgers. I hated the pick from the start and truly hope I'm wrong, but my view has not changed. From reading current scouts views it doesn't sound like many are high on him outside of the organization. Truth be told, so far he hasn't given us much to get excited about.

a 4th? Do you think it's even worth it then? We might as well see what he can do. He'll get more playing time this year no matter if Brett is back I'm sure.

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2006, 07:24 AM
Bulldog,

I think Young is the riskiest of the Big Three QBs, but he's the only one that I'd be okay with the Packers drafting because I think his upside is worth a high draft pick.

swede
04-25-2006, 07:49 AM
Harv, I agree. I wouldn't be happy, but I would understand if TT took VY.

I saw Leinert talking on ESPN and I instantly disliked the kid. He doesn't seem to be a good personality fit for Green Bay even if he were available. Way too Hollywood.

Hawk at #5 and I can turn off the radio and enjoy my son's basketball tournament at St. Norbert's. VY at #5 and we will be doing a LOT of talking around here.

GBRulz
04-25-2006, 08:34 AM
I saw Leinert talking on ESPN and I instantly disliked the kid. He doesn't seem to be a good personality fit for Green Bay even if he were available. Way too Hollywood.

He's not another eyebrow plucker like Alex Smith, is he??

Sparkey
04-25-2006, 09:22 AM
Young is the best QB in this draft imo!

Best athlete ..... YES

Best quarterback ..... doubtful

Harlan Huckleby
04-25-2006, 09:32 AM
A-Rod said on NFL Network this week that if GB drafts another QB in the first round, his days with the team are likely numbered.

This is a pathetic statement, I have trouble believing he actually said this. Rodgers is rolling up the white flag before he event competes? Rodgers was a high draft pick himself..

If Rodgers really said this, then I have to share his lack of confidence in his abilities.

Harlan Huckleby
04-25-2006, 09:35 AM
I don't think TT would admit that he made a mistake drafting Rodgers by picking another QB first this year. UNLESS Brett announced his retirement prior to the draft - then that would be his excuse.

Favre is completely irrelevant to the decision on taking a QB.

I think Thompson will take a QB if one falls to him that he thinks will be a star. I don't think his opinion of Rodgers is so critical to the decision either.

MJZiggy
04-25-2006, 09:41 AM

This is a pathetic statement, I have trouble believing he actually said this. Rodgers is rolling up the white flag before he event competes? Rodgers was a high draft pick himself..

If Rodgers really said this, then I have to share his lack of confidence in his abilities.I think his suggestion was that if they do choose a qB at #5, then he would likely be traded. He also said he hoped not because he loves the city. He also said he thought he was ready to start so I don't think there's too much to worry about where his confidence is concerned.

Scott Campbell
04-25-2006, 09:51 AM

If Rodgers really said this, then I have to share his lack of confidence in his abilities.

Agreed. It was not the right thing to say. I can understand him thinking it.But it was a crummy comment.

When will these guys realize that you don't have to run your big mouth everytime a reporter sticks a mike in your face?

Sparkey
04-25-2006, 10:19 AM

If you worked as an engineer in a small manufacturing firm and they hired another engineer, when their is no appreciable need for another engineer would you not also think your days might be numbered ?

It has nothing to do with confidence and everything to do with practicality and common sense.

Tarlam!
04-25-2006, 12:59 PM
Both Ziggy and Sparkey nailed it.

HH, what is wrong with you lately? You're reacting to things like a queen on crack! No, I am not a queen, nor am I on crack, I just assume they react like you currently are! :cool:

I like TT drafting the BEST PLAYER. I likw A-Rod in fear mode. This is good for da team.

C'mon, Rats. TT is a Godsend!

Harlan Huckleby
04-25-2006, 01:39 PM
Rodgers is a first round draft pick. For sake of discussion, lets say the Packers take Vince Young. Vince Young is no sure thing, I don't see it as certain that he will be better than Rodgers. I'm very dissappointed that Rodgers doesn't show a little more gumption.

The analogy of a company bringing-in a new person to do the same job doesn't hold water. Both of the players are unproven. Statistically, one will probably fail in the NFL. It's a sensible decision for the team to have two such players to test for a couple years.

RashanGary
04-25-2006, 01:47 PM
I don't think Rodgers would be too impressed about another QB because he has pretty major performance clauses from what I understand. I think he'd miss out on quite a bit of money if he doesn't start.