Patler
02-07-2007, 09:52 AM
Here is mine:

A third round pick and one or two of:

Ferguson or any receiver on the roster other than Driver and Jennings;
Morrency if they intend to or do draft a RB high;
Kevin Barry or any O-lineman other than the starters and Moll;
Cole or Jolly
KGB, but only if Oakland throws in a day 1 draft pick.
Manual if they have a plan in place to get another safety.

I would raise the draft pick to the second round pick but not include a player, or with a player if Oakland throws in their 4th round pick.

I would raise the draft pick to the first round and include one of the players if Oakland throws in their second round pick.

As you can see, I am flexible; but recognizing the character risks with Moss, his decline in production for whatever reason, and his age, I think you have to lessen the long range impact by giving no more than a third round pick and backup players, or a second round pick alone in a straight trade for Moss. I would bump up the draft pick in a "trade down" scenario with Oakland.

At this point of his career, Moss may have less trade value than Walker did last year.

BF4MVP
02-07-2007, 10:32 AM
I'd be down with either of those..As long as we get him at a reasonable price, I'm happy..

A third round pick and a receiver seems to be the rumor..Ferguson, Martin, or Koren and a third..Koren is by far the best receiver of those three, but would Oakland be willing to take the risks that come with him?

Packnut
02-07-2007, 10:53 AM
I think a 3rd and any WR besides DD and Jennings is a steal for us. I think Oakland is gonna hold out for a 2nd rd pick.

Patler
02-07-2007, 11:02 AM
I wouldn't give a 2nd and a player, other than one that wouldn't be in GB next year anyway. A second without a player I would do.

Packnut
02-07-2007, 11:14 AM
I wouldn't give a 2nd and a player, other than one that wouldn't be in GB next year anyway. A second without a player I would do.

Yeah, I guess it's worth the risk. I'm sick of seeing DD doubled and tripled.

Brando19
02-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Straight up 2nd round pick...or a 3rd and Fergie would be the greatest deal ever.

KYPack
02-07-2007, 11:22 AM
If a 3rd and Marquand Manuel would bring a us a real live NFL WR, I'd do it in a minute.

I don't think the Raiders would take that deal. Didn't the idea of a 3rd & a player come from supposition on this board?

I also think trading draft picks for players is against TT's religion.

Patler
02-07-2007, 11:34 AM

It might be, which is why I could see some type of package deal, where GB gets Moss and lower draft pick in return for a higher draft pick and a player.

Freak Out
02-07-2007, 11:44 AM
I wonder if he would get a key to the city if TT was able to swing a deal for him? Ha ha ha.......

Charles Woodson
02-07-2007, 03:43 PM
4th Fergie and KGB

Fritz
02-07-2007, 03:59 PM
I'm loathe to send draft picks away - while Al Harris panned out, many others do not. Look at all the damage Shermy did just trading up and giving away picks.

Moss is too much of a risk - characterwise and age-wise. I suppose I would be reluctantly supportive if TT gave up no more than a third round pick and a player with no future in GB.

motife
02-07-2007, 05:10 PM
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/photographer/45/4520_large.jpg

motife
02-07-2007, 05:33 PM
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/photographer/46/4660_large.jpg

Joemailman
02-07-2007, 05:36 PM
If a 3rd and Marquand Manuel would bring a us a real live NFL WR, I'd do it in a minute.

I don't think the Raiders would take that deal. Didn't the idea of a 3rd & a player come from supposition on this board?

No, one of the "reports" floating around said Davis would trade Moss for a 3rd and a WR.

Edit:

V: ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Sunday morning that "a Packers source confirmed" that Green Bay quarterback Brett Favre "has asked the team to seriously consider a trade for disgruntled wide receiver Randy Moss." Mortensen reported "a Raiders source" saying Raiders owner Al Davis "will only ask for a third-round pick and a receiver for a trade."

motife
02-07-2007, 05:38 PM

No, one of the "reports" floating around said Davis would trade Moss for a 3rd and a WR.

Chris Mortensen of ESPN says a Raider source said Davis would accept a 3rd plus a WR for Randy Moss.

HarveyWallbangers
02-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Look at how clean Favre's jersey is in that last photo.
:D

hurleyfan
02-07-2007, 06:50 PM

Edit:

V: ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Sunday morning that "a Packers source confirmed" that Green Bay quarterback Brett Favre "has asked the team to seriously consider a trade for disgruntled wide receiver Randy Moss." Mortensen reported "a Raiders source" saying Raiders owner Al Davis "will only ask for a third-round pick and a receiver for a trade."

Maybe we can finally get rid of Fergie!!

Freak Out
02-07-2007, 07:22 PM

It's nothing short of amazing how the line progressed throughout the year as far as pass blocking is concerned. We went from thinking old #4 would be dead by week 5 to them playing pretty well against the Bears. Now they still have to get better and some have to get a hell of a lot stronger but we saw good progress along the way.

vince
02-07-2007, 08:28 PM
Here is mine:

Cole or Jolly

I would raise the draft pick to the second round pick but not include a player, or with a player if Oakland throws in their 4th round pick.

I would raise the draft pick to the first round and include one of the players if Oakland throws in their second round pick.

As you can see, I am flexible; but recognizing the character risks with Moss, his decline in production for whatever reason, and his age, I think you have to lessen the long range impact by giving no more than a third round pick and backup players, or a second round pick alone in a straight trade for Moss. I would bump up the draft pick in a "trade down" scenario with Oakland.

At this point of his career, Moss may have less trade value than Walker did last year.
You do fine work Patler. I agree 100% with what you'd do in a trade - except for the last one... I wouldn't give up our 1st rounder, even with a 2nd coming back to us.

Too great an opportunity to have an outstanding contributor for the long term at relatively low pay (high value - the key to success in a cap structured environment) with the first round choice, IMO, relative to the couple productive, and possibly declining overpaid years (low value - the cause of failure) Moss might possibly give. Although I think he'd be productive, the risk isn't worth a first round pick, IMO.

BooHoo
02-07-2007, 08:42 PM
I guess I would trade our first for Oakland's 2nd rounder and we get Moss. I would be concerned first with how many more years Moss has left on his current contract. I wouldn't want to work this deal and have Moss leave via FA after only 1 year in Green Bay.

oregonpackfan
02-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Here's my GM dealings with Randy Moss:

"Mr. Moss, the Packers are interested in talented players who consistently put out 100% effort, are team oriented, respect their coaches and are good citizens on and off the field. We, therefore, are not interested in your services.

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out."

BooHoo
02-07-2007, 08:58 PM
There is something to be said about that! :)

motife
02-07-2007, 10:16 PM

that's a stout group. look at the guns on Spitz and Moll. and everyone is saying they have to 'get bigger'. Wells is supposedly the strongest guy on the team weightlifting. Colledge is the skinniest, yet he played the best down the stretch.

not to mention Tauscher and Clifton.

the Packers gave up only 24 sacks this year, 5th best in the NFL.

esoxx
02-07-2007, 10:35 PM
I can't believe how much hair Spitz has lost for a young guy. He'll be mostly bald by age 30.

HarveyWallbangers
02-07-2007, 11:00 PM
I can't believe how much hair Spitz has lost for a young guy. He'll be mostly bald by age 30.

I miss this look.

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/news/apr06/spitz0429.jpg

Partial
02-07-2007, 11:03 PM
Man that photo cracks me up.

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-07-2007, 11:04 PM

that's a stout group. look at the guns on Spitz and Moll. and everyone is saying they have to 'get bigger'. Wells is supposedly the strongest guy on the team weightlifting. Colledge is the skinniest, yet he played the best down the stretch.

not to mention Tauscher and Clifton.

the Packers gave up only 24 sacks this year, 5th best in the NFL.

We would of been close to 20th in the league if we didnt max protect every play though.

GrnBay007
02-07-2007, 11:05 PM
I miss this look.

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/news/apr06/spitz0429.jpg

I don't!! :shock:

Bretsky
02-07-2007, 11:15 PM
I'd trade The Fraud Ferguson and a 3rd without thinking about it.

Heck, to get rid of that Turd I might throw in a late round pick as well.

Patler
02-07-2007, 11:22 PM
Here is mine:

Cole or Jolly

You do fine work Patler. I agree 100% with what you'd do in a trade - except for the last one... I wouldn't give up our 1st rounder, even with a 2nd coming back to us.

Too great an opportunity to have an outstanding contributor for the long term at relatively low pay (high value - the key to success in a cap structured environment) with the first round choice, IMO, relative to the couple productive, and possibly declining overpaid years (low value - the cause of failure) Moss might possibly give. Although I think he'd be productive, the risk isn't worth a first round pick, IMO.

My thinking on that is that there isn't a lot of difference between GB's 1st and their second. Your probability of finding a good player with the 1st pick in round 2 is not substantially worse than at the middle of round 1. That trade would depend on how deep TT sees this draft to be, and perhaps if a player "falls" that they didn't expect to. I wouldn't expect the trade to be made until GB is "on the clock" for their round 1 pick.

pittstang5
02-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Even though I'm not too high on seeing Moss in a Packer uniform, I'll play along.

What about a 3rd or 4th and Bubba for Moss? Clearly, Fergie is the obvious choice among us fans for a receiver being packaged along with a draft pick, but Bubba is a receiver too. I'm not sure what Oakland's tight end situation is like, but they could sell Bubba on his decent blocking ability and receiving skills (We just won't mentioned his drop in play the last two years).

Only problem with losing Bubba is the Packers will probably have to bring back either Martin and/or Lee and draft someone OR pick up someone in FA and still draft one. All new tight ends could be interesting.

BooHoo
02-08-2007, 05:47 PM
I am in favor of picking up another TE in the draft or in FA. The position play needs to be elevated. Whether Bubba was off because he spend to much time pass blocking or what, we still need better TE performer. Sure appeared to be more dropped balls at the TE position that over the past few years. Might be a good one for Patler to check out.

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-09-2007, 01:47 PM
How about this...

Sign Nate Clements
Trade Al Harris for a 3rd
Trade our two 3rd's and Ferguson for Moss.

You get Randy Moss for basically just a 3rd.

red
02-09-2007, 03:07 PM
How about this...

Sign Nate Clements
Trade Al Harris for a 3rd
Trade our two 3rd's and Ferguson for Moss.

You get Randy Moss for basically just a 3rd.

no, we would get moss for a 3rd and maybe the best shutdown corner in the NFL. way too much. shut down corners are in big demand in the NFL, even older ones

not a good deal IMO

Ballboy
02-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Man, 3rd round pick and a player.....take your pick!!!

Sign Eric Johnson (TE-49ers), a mid level DB in FA and I think we will be set. Then whoever falls to us in the draft will be great.

Cheesehead Craig
02-09-2007, 04:36 PM
I guess I would trade our first for Oakland's 2nd rounder and we get Moss. I would be concerned first with how many more years Moss has left on his current contract. I wouldn't want to work this deal and have Moss leave via FA after only 1 year in Green Bay.
Moss has 2 years left on his deal. They are for 9M and 11M I believe. Rumor is that if traded, he would want to rework it so it's a lower cap hit (and he of course gets signing bonus).

Plus, what have we really gotten from the 3rd round in the last 6-7 years? Outside of some potential with Abdul Hodge, nothing. With Moss, we get a WR that is capable (and likely) of putting up a 1000 yd 10 TD season. Can't get that with a 3rd rounder this coming draft.