PDA

View Full Version : What's going on?

packinpatland
02-08-2007, 07:24 AM
I just watched the season-ending episode of HBO's Inside the NFL.
Of course, they used most of the program to talk about the SB, that made sense. Then they aired about 5 minutes of 'sounds of the game', not only did they not feature a single Packer, they didn't even show anyone playing the Packers! Did not mention Favre's coming back, not one word about GB in ANY of their commentary.
Seemed very strange.

MacCool606
02-08-2007, 08:18 AM
Guess maybe we aren't the media darling anymore.

MadtownPacker
02-08-2007, 09:13 AM
Even during the season the woudn't show the Pack highlights.

NFLN is better anyways. Who want to hear chris carter's opinion anyways?

GBRulz
02-08-2007, 09:24 AM
Even during the season the woudn't show the Pack highlights.

NFLN is better anyways. Who want to hear chris carter's opinion anyways?

probably Rastak :wink:

Freak Out
02-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Why is Carter even on the air?

Zool
02-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Why is Carter even on the air?Same reason Shannon Sharpe and Cris Collinsworth are on TV. Who the hell knows.

esoxx
02-08-2007, 12:06 PM
Why is Carter even on the air?

Speaking of that, check out what he said recently about the Packers. This was in Bob Wolfley's column in the JS 2/4/07:

Favre returns? Yawn
Cris Carter of Sirius NFL Radio was discussing the breaking news of Brett Favre's decision to return to play next season for the Green Bay Packers.

Carter was discussing Favre's return with Arizona Cardinals safety Robert Griffith, who was sitting in as a guest Friday afternoon.

Carter said Favre had a good season but still threw too many interceptions.

Neither Carter nor Griffith, who played together in Minnesota, suggested the Packers are a team that can compete for a championship.

"Green Bay don't scare nobody," Carter said. He implied that the Packers' 8-8 record could be explained in part because "the NFC is the JV."

"They got two guys - Ahman Green and Donald Driver," said Griffith.

The topic came up about Favre's now infamous pronouncement when he met with reporters for the first time after training camp started. Back then, Favre said: "I really feel, as far as talent is concerned, this is the most talented team that I've been a part of as a whole."

Carter was clear about what was going on there.

"He flat-out lied," Carter said.

Nice to see two former Vikings keepin' it real.

"Green Bay don't scare nobody" ...unlike your work on television and radio, Cris.

Cheesehead Craig
02-08-2007, 12:56 PM
Chris Carter is trying to be Stephen A Smith and quite frankly... he sucks.

MadtownPacker
02-08-2007, 01:03 PM
"They got two guys - Ahman Green and Donald Driver," said Griffith.
So what does he think about the other "guys" that helped blow the cardinals out at Lambeau this season?

piss carter gets manicures, nuff said!!!

K-town
02-08-2007, 01:07 PM
Chris Carter is trying to be Stephen A Smith and quite frankly... he sucks.

I've always referred to Stephen A. Smith as Steamin' A. Sh!t.

And Cris Carter = Slappy the Clown.

Chester Marcol
02-08-2007, 01:20 PM
Why is Carter even on the air?Same reason Shannon Sharpe and Cris Collinsworth are on TV. Who the hell knows.

They all give good head?

Zool
02-08-2007, 02:22 PM

They all give good head?You might be right.

GBRulz
02-08-2007, 03:30 PM
"Green Bay don't scare nobody," Carter said

Nice grammar, there.

Freak Out
02-08-2007, 05:08 PM

Nice grammar, there.

I was just thinking the same thing.
When I posed the question concerning the clown’s employment on various media outlets I was thinking "is this the best they can do?" There's nobody else out there, black, white, red, yellow or whatever that can do a better job with more knowledge, insight and professionalism than this buffoon? HR and recruiting better start doing a better job.

BallHawk
02-08-2007, 05:23 PM
You can tell I guy has his head up his ass when he says that Ahman Green is one of the team's only good player. Al Harris, perhaps?

Scott Campbell
02-08-2007, 05:42 PM
I don't care what the national media says about the team at this time of year. It means nothing.

BallHawk
02-08-2007, 05:45 PM
I don't care what the national media says about the team at this time of year. It means nothing.

Is Chris Carter even regarded high enough to be considered part of the media?

esoxx
02-08-2007, 06:01 PM
You can tell I guy has his head up his ass when he says that Ahman Green is one of the team's only good player. Al Harris, perhaps?

Aaron Kampman might also disagree with Griffith's assessment.

superfan
02-08-2007, 06:52 PM

Nice grammar, there.

So with the double negative, that means "Green Bay does scare anybody"? I guess that makes some sort of twisted sense...

MadtownPacker
02-08-2007, 07:02 PM
So with the double negative, that means "Green Bay does scare anybody"? I guess that makes some sort of twisted sense...Maybe he is leaving himself an out in case the Pack makes the playoffs he can say "I TOLD you GB would scare SOMEBODY".