PDA

View Full Version : Garcia to Chicago?

Brando19
02-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Mike Mulligan and Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, report Philadelphia Eagles QB Jeff Garcia, who is slated to become an unrestricted free agent March 2, told the Philadelphia Daily News that he is intrigued by the Bears and what they have to offer. ''That's a team that is really well put together defensively and offensively,'' Garcia told the newspaper. ''That is a situation where you have to be honest with yourself and take a look at it. I'm not going to lie. That would be a situation that would make me think about certain things. Whether that happens or not, we'll have to see.''

I guess this would seem like the ideal situation. I just hope it doesn't happen.

b bulldog
02-08-2007, 05:22 PM
Great move for both parties

pittstang5
02-08-2007, 05:24 PM
The guy has one good half of a year and all of a sudden he's the "best" UFA QB available. Give me a break people.

He was ok in SF but was let go for a reason. He sucked in Cleveland and sucked even more in Detriot. This year he was a product of the system. Any QB will look good playing behind that Eagles line and everyone worrying what Westbrook's going to do.

I'm not worried...let him go to Chi-town. I can't wait to see Kampan plant his ass twice a year.

Scott Campbell
02-08-2007, 05:38 PM
The guy has one good half of a year and all of a sudden he's the "best" UFA QB available. Give me a break people.

He was ok in SF but was let go for a reason...........

Just ok? He was selected to 3 consecutive Pro Bowls. This guy has made a living out of people underestimating him. The fans I know from Philly are torn up about letting him go. He represents a vast improvement over any QB currently on their roster. The only bright spot for Packer fans if he lands there is that he turns 37 later this month.

red
02-08-2007, 05:46 PM

Just ok? He was selected to 3 consecutive Pro Bowls. This guy has made a living out of people underestimating him. The fans I know from Philly are torn up about letting him go. He represents a vast improvement over any QB currently on their roster. The only bright spot for Packer fans if he lands there is that he turns 37 later this month.

the guy was damn good before he went to the lions, NOBODY looks good with the lions

this would be a scary move by the bears

but would they really give up on rex? next year is his contract year. if they bring n garcia then thats it for rex. and its only a year or two solution. they still have to find their future

i don't know if they have the balls or the smarts to give up on grossman

BooHoo
02-08-2007, 05:53 PM
I would agree that no one looks good playing for the Lions.

Scott Campbell
02-08-2007, 05:56 PM
but would they really give up on rex? next year is his contract year. if they bring n garcia then thats it for rex. and its only a year or two solution. they still have to find their future

i don't know if they have the balls or the smarts to give up on grossman

I really hope they don't give up on Rex, because I'm convinced he won't pan out. But their window of opportunity to win the big one won't stay open forever, so they might try to upgrade the position even if it's a short term fix. If they were smart anyway.

red
02-08-2007, 05:57 PM
I would agree that no one looks good playing for the Lions.

thats why i want us to look at mike williams

they are clueless when it comes to talent, even when its right under their nose. they could have a pro bowler as their #5 wr and they're too dumb to know

he looked good against us in that last game, when they actually played him

HarveyWallbangers
02-08-2007, 06:03 PM
Garcia wasn't anywhere near as good as his dink and dunk stats in San Fran suggest, but he ain't bad. However, isn't he almost as old as Brett?

green_bowl_packer
02-08-2007, 06:05 PM
Seems he's only trying to jack up his own value to the highest bidder. Griese would do as well as Garcia, given the chance in Chicago. So why spend the money? Vikings would be more likely destination since they run the same type of offense as Philly, and should be dumping Brad Johnson.

BallHawk
02-08-2007, 06:07 PM
Garcia wasn't anywhere near as good as his dink and dunk stats in San Fran suggest, but he ain't bad. However, isn't he almost as old as Brett?

He's only 4 monthes younger than Favre.

pack4to84
02-08-2007, 06:07 PM
I hope they sign him then they would have 2 backup QB making more then there starter in Rex.

MadtownPacker
02-08-2007, 06:56 PM
This would be a great move for the Packers!!

Unless Im tripping Garcia has never beat the Pack in his career.

BallHawk
02-08-2007, 07:35 PM

His teams have, but when Garcia has started, the Packers have always won.

SIGN HIM CHICAGO!

esoxx
02-08-2007, 08:35 PM
I don't see this as a good fit for the Bears. Garcia has excelled in WCO systems and Bears run a more vertical pass game with Berrian and Bradley. Wouldn't bother me to see him land in Chi-Town.

Brando19
02-08-2007, 08:35 PM

Actually...I believe Garcia led the Browns to a victory over the Pack during their 4-12 season a year ago.

esoxx
02-08-2007, 08:39 PM
Garcia was in Detroit last year. I can't even remember who the Browns QB was. Trent Dilfer?

Brando19
02-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Garcia was in Detroit last year. I can't even remember who the Browns QB was. Trent Dilfer?

Yep..you're right...my bad. It just seems like I remember in the past couple years Garcia being interviewed because he defeated Brett Favre and the Packers. Maybe I'm dreaming it because I don't think they'd have interviewed him off the bench.

Partial
02-08-2007, 08:57 PM

Except for Donovan McNabb. You know, the guy who was the first half of the season MVP.

The Shadow
02-08-2007, 09:10 PM
The Bears have previously committed to Brian Griese.
They are not going to sign Garcia.

Charles Woodson
02-08-2007, 09:13 PM

may have been charlie Frye

esoxx
02-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Nah, I looked it up just now and it was Dilfer. I remember being pissed thinking we lost to Trent F*cking Dilfer. They kept showing stats how GB had treated him like a little bitch when he played for the Bucs, and then he wins way past his prime (if he had one) with a shitty Browns team.

"The Packers lose this match to the Cleveland Browns as quarterback Trent Dilfer throws for 336 yards. Former Packer Reggie White had his number (92) retired at half time after an unexpected death in 2004."

Fritz
02-09-2007, 08:17 AM
Jeff Garcia spent an awful lot of time in Detroit talking about what a "team" player he was, all the while subtly suggesting the continuing losses were other guys' faults, not his. I will never be a fan of his and don't think much of him.

MadtownPacker
02-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Except for Donovan McNabb. You know, the guy who was the first half of the season MVP.
Well when he NFL starts giving out awards and championships halfway through the season let me know. Until then..

IT MEANS NADA!!!!!!!

Partial
02-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Well when he NFL starts giving out awards and championships halfway through the season let me know. Until then..

IT MEANS NADA!!!!!!!

Garcia in his prime is still only half the quarterback, leader and football player that Donovan McNabb is.

MadtownPacker
02-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Garcia in his prime is still only half the quarterback, leader and football player that Donovan McNabb is.Yet McNugget and Garcia have the same amount of Championships.

Oh wait, Garcia has won some Grey Cups. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: