PDA

View Full Version : Greg Olsen TE, the U

red
02-08-2007, 06:08 PM
ok, since theres talk of getting rid of bubba for moss. and many think we need to draft a TE anyways

well what about this guy

i watched him in the college all star challenge and he has great hands

he might be there in the second, but if he has a good combine he might move up. he could also be a trade down option

Ricky Dimon's Scouting Report:
Olsen did not have a huge three-year career at Miami, but he did lead the Hurricanes with 40 catches in 2006. He's also,most likely, the only hope Miami has of extending their streak of having at least one first-round pick in the NFL Draft to 13 years. The tight end didn't draw much attention in college, but his agent Drew Rosenhaus predicts that Olsen will astound at the combine. It already looks like scouts are in agreement with Rosenhaus, as Olsen's stock has already surged since the end of the season and he's now the most highly rated tight end ahead of Arizona State's Zach Miller. Olsen is the total package. At 6-5, 250 pounds, he'll be a great target in the middle of the field for any quarterback. He also runs great routes, has better than average hands, and is an effective blocker on the offensive line. Olsen's versatility could be enough to earn him a first-round selection. If not, he won't fall too far in the second round.

Charles Woodson
02-08-2007, 06:39 PM
Ha okay living in Miami i have to put up with U fans and the hurricanes. Greg olsen didnt do nearly as good as he did last year but hell maybe cause coker was such a bad coach, anyways he does have good hands and could provide a much needed spark at the TE positions. Btw besides Olsen or Miller are there any other good TEs?

b bulldog
02-08-2007, 06:39 PM
he was thought of as a sure fire first rounder at the beginning of the season. His numbers weren't great but he could develop into a fine TE and he may top Miller as the first TE taken.

superfan
02-08-2007, 06:49 PM
Trade away the TE from Miami, draft the TE from Miami. And the wheels on the bus go round and round...

I don't know much about Olsen. If we draft him as a first, I would hope we could trade down and pick up an extra pick or two.

b bulldog
02-08-2007, 09:17 PM
He is not worth the 16 pick. I wouldn't pick him in round one, even at 32!

red
02-08-2007, 09:33 PM
He is not worth the 16 pick. I wouldn't pick him in round one, even at 32!

i don't think any TE is worth #16, even vernon davis. thats just too high for me. if he's there at our second pick somehow, i wouldn't mind him there

Fritz
02-09-2007, 07:43 AM
I've heard Olsen is not that fast. He sounds a lot like some guy named Bubba Franks, who most people here think the Pack needs to ditch. So tell me again why we'd want Olsen??

KYPack
02-09-2007, 08:58 AM
If we can get a TE to catch ONE TD, that's a 100% improvement over Bubba.

Dan Grahm, a street FA ,and a draft pick (not #1) should get us some help.

red
02-09-2007, 09:09 AM
I've heard Olsen is not that fast. He sounds a lot like some guy named Bubba Franks, who most people here think the Pack needs to ditch. So tell me again why we'd want Olsen??

well, everyone was still pretty satisfied with bubba at this time last year, back when he could still hold on to the ball. and in his prime he was a nice red zone target

getting another guy like bubba wouldn't be all that bad to me

Ballboy
02-09-2007, 10:36 AM
why don't people here like Eric Johnson from 49ers as a FA TE?

Yes, last year he was injured, but prior to that had 80 some catches in one year!!!!!

Packnut
02-09-2007, 10:42 AM

Yes, last year he was injured, but prior to that had 80 some catches in one year!!!!!

I'm on the Johnson band-wagon. The health thing is a non-issue for me. This is the guy we need. He'll open up the middle.

LL2
02-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Try to get Daniel Graham. The Pats will not pay him, and he’s younger and better option than Bubba for next year. We need to focus on RB, WR, DT, or DE in the first two rounds.

Charles Woodson
02-09-2007, 02:49 PM
Try to get Daniel Graham. The Pats will not pay him, and he’s younger and better option than Bubba for next year. We need to focus on RB, WR, DT, or DE in the first two rounds.

i think safteys a bigger need then DT and DE

red
02-09-2007, 02:59 PM

i would love either johnson or graham, i think either one would be a great addition. those are about the only 2 decent free agent te's though. and theres a lot of teams that could use te's. they might be hard to get

HarveyWallbangers
02-09-2007, 04:46 PM
No way would I take Olsen at #16. Maybe not even the first round. I don't see a whole lot of difference between him and Zach Miller.

Bretsky
02-09-2007, 05:50 PM

I'm on the Johnson band-wagon. The health thing is a non-issue for me. This is the guy we need. He'll open up the middle.

I'm fine with Johnson; but he's not a speedster either.

He's always hurt; that's why the bandwagon isn't too long. Guys' just always injured.

lod01
02-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Johnson is a waste of time. He is virtually guaranteed to be hurt. It's not 'is he going to get hurt', it's 'when will he get hurt'.

Charles Woodson
02-09-2007, 10:26 PM
Johnson is a waste of time. He is virtually guaranteed to be hurt. It's not 'is he going to get hurt', it's 'when will he get hurt'.

Nothing is a guarantee

Guiness
02-10-2007, 12:11 AM

Nothing is a guarantee

D. Martin not playing 16 games (for the Pack, or wherever he lands) is a guarantee.

Fritz
02-10-2007, 10:58 AM
Yeah, if you want a talented, injury prone TE, just re-sign D Martin.

jmbarnes101
02-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Why is everybody so hyped up about Daniel Graham? What has he done to convince anyone that's just a servicable TE? I think Bubba is just as good, which isn't very. There's a reason the Patriots kept looking for a TE and a reason he's likely to be available. He's not explosive and the only place he's good is in the red zone. The only explosive TE available is the one most of you don't want - Jerramy Stevens. He drops balls and he's a headcase but he can open up the field.

I don't think EJ, DG, or JS would be good free agents pick-ups unless they were cheap nor would they likely upgrade the position much. They may give us another option but they aren't going to scare an opposing defense.