PDA

View Full Version : PFW Post-Season Power Rankings

Joemailman
02-08-2007, 07:49 PM
PFW power rankings

Editors rate the teams at the end of the postseason

Feb. 7, 2007

The Chargers finished with the best record in the regular season (14-2) and held the top spot in the power rankings for the final four weeks of the regular season, but another one-and-done postseason made them tumble four spots. The Colts returned to No. 1, a spot they held for most of the regular season after starting 9-0.

1. Indianapolis Colts
What are we going to criticize Peyton Manning about now that he can win the big games?

2. Chicago Bears
Manning answered his critics in the Super Bowl; Rex Grossman opened himself up for more criticism.

3. New England Patriots
Rich keep getting richer; the Pats have two first-round picks in the draft thanks to the Deion Branch-to-Seattle deal.

4. New Orleans Saints
Future is bright in the Crescent City, but veteran WR Joe Horn likely won’t be a part of it.

5. San Diego Chargers
Marty Schottenheimer will get one more chance with the Bolts to exercise his postseason demons.

6. Baltimore Ravens
Brian Billick got a contract extension, and he will continue to call the offensive plays.

7. Philadelphia Eagles
McNabb speaks: He wants to stay in Philly, and things could get interesting if Garcia decides to stay, too.

8. Seattle Seahawks
Took the Bears to overtime despite Hasselbeck having broken fingers and a shoulder injury.

9. Dallas Cowboys
Now that Romo is entering the season as the starting QB, he can kiss his holding duties goodbye.

10. New York Jets
Was the Mangenius a one-year boy wonder or are the Jets here to stay?

11. Kansas City Chiefs
Herm Edwards could have a QB controversy on his hands after Trent Green’s awful playoff performance.

12. New York Giants
Interesting to see how Eli Manning will perform with his safety valve, Tiki Barber, in retirement.

13. Denver Broncos
Now that he has a quarterback in place, Shanahan can turn his attention to fixing the defense in the offseason.

14. Cincinnati Bengals
Nine players arrested in nine months; Carson Palmer is getting angry.

15. Tennessee Titans
Fisher could tap the USC pipeline to surround Vince Young with more offensive weapons.

16. Jacksonville Jaguars
Del Rio has a QB coach, but he still doesn’t have a starting quarterback.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers
Mike Tomlin has big shoes and a big chin to fill in the Steel City.

18. Green Bay Packers
Favre ended the suspense early this offseason; he’s coming back in ’07.

19. St. Louis Rams
Look out, L.T.; Steven Jackson is ready for an assault on the record books.

20. Carolina Panthers
Offensive coordinator Dan Henning was fired; John Fox could be next if the Panthers miss the playoffs again.

21. Buffalo Bills
J.P. Losman had a higher passer rating than Grossman, Favre, Eli, Hasselbeck, Pennington, McNair and Big Ben.

22. Atlanta Falcons
Bobby Petrino is going to let Vick call audibles at the line of scrimmage.

23. San Francisco 49ers
Triplets Smith, Gore and Davis could take a big step in ’07 if they can all stay healthy.

24. Miami Dolphins
Cam Cameron doesn’t have an L.T. in Miami, but he does have a talented young RB to build the offense around.

25. Minnesota Vikings
Brad Childress may be inclined to spend a first-day draft pick on a quarterback for the second straight year.

26. Washington Redskins
One of a handful of teams over the salary cap, ’Skins won’t be able to match their spending spree of a year ago.

27. Arizona Cardinals
WR Larry Fitzgerald was close to Dennis Green, and he’s not making an effort to meet his new head coach.

28. Houston Texans
Is David Carr still the man in Houston, or will Kubiak turn to his former pupil, Jake Plummer?

29. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Gruden is so desperate to find WRs that he turned to down-on-his-luck David Boston, again.

30. Cleveland Browns
Coin flip with the Bucs at the Scouting Combine will decide who gets the No. 3 pick.

31. Detroit Lions
If the Raiders pass on WR Calvin Johnson with the No. 1 pick, how hard will it be for Millen to pass on another WR?

32. Oakland Raiders
Lane Kiffin took the job no one wanted and became the league’s youngest head coach in the process.

The most surprising thing about this is how balanced it is between AFC and NFC teams. I would have thought that most of the teams at the top would have been AFC teams. I do think they may have overrated the Cowboys and Giants.

red
02-08-2007, 09:03 PM
wow, they really went all out on their breakdown of every team, and their reasons for why teams are ranked where they are

The Shadow
02-08-2007, 09:11 PM
The Bears are NOT the 2nd best team in the NFL.
Please!

SD GB fan
02-08-2007, 09:28 PM
no, but they did play in the superbowl. i think our ranking is fairly accurate.

GrnBay007
02-08-2007, 10:01 PM
i think our ranking is fairly accurate.

I think this is the only time the Packers were ranked above the 20's in these power rankings since the 2006 season started. Maybe once they went as low as 19.

wist43
02-09-2007, 07:31 AM
I don't think there is an NFC team in the top 5... terrible conference.

As for GB's ranking, it's probably too high... they beat SF, DET, Minn (with Tavarus Jackson under center), and Chicago (who, for whatever reason, really didn't care about the game)... that's hardly a "murderers row".

Fritz
02-09-2007, 07:40 AM
It's hard to say. I do know that by the time the pre-season begins, the pundits will once again be picking Minny and Detroit as "up and coming" teams. Yawn.

I do think Millen really should take Johnson at WR with the #2 pick. He's the real deal. If Millen is the ballsy manly man he tries to portray, he'd do it and improve that team with one pick.

wist43
02-09-2007, 10:13 AM
Detroit will be looking long and hard at QB's... don't know if any of them are worth taking that high - if not, they should trade down.