PDA

View Full Version : FF League

GrnBay007
04-24-2006, 08:15 AM
Who's going to put together the fantasy football league this year? Harv...B.....maybe you guys can get some advice from Tex and run the league? hehe :razz:

Charles Woodson
04-24-2006, 04:20 PM
I love Fantasy Football. I would be very interested in playing. And if i could help out in anyway.

Bretsky
04-24-2006, 06:17 PM
Who's going to put together the fantasy football league this year? Harv...B.....maybe you guys can get some advice from Tex and run the league? hehe :razz:

WHO HAS RUN FF LEAGUES IN Exit 42 or another site ? Honestly it has to be really easy but I don't have time to do it.

I think we need to run a Packerrats.com league only for members in this site.

jack's smirking revenge
04-24-2006, 09:11 PM
That was one of my suggestions for the expansion of the PR site. We definitely should get a league together--even if its a lame-arse Yahoo league. I think it'd be totally fun to get into the fantasy football trenches with you guys and gals.

I run two leagues on my own, but am a fantasy football addict.

tyler

GrnBay007
04-24-2006, 09:26 PM
The Yahoo site is lame for FF? I thought it was fine last year when we were there.....but I'm new to it all and probably don't know any better. I actually kind of started this thread joking because Harv and B had complaints about the way Tex set the league up last year.

Bretsky
04-24-2006, 09:30 PM
The Yahoo site is lame for FF? I thought it was fine last year when we were there.....but I'm new to it all and probably don't know any better. I actually kind of started this thread joking because Harv and B had complaints about the way Tex set the league up last year.

TEX set up this complicated rules with whacked out scoring system probably thinking he'd be setting himself up with some distinct advantages. But he grossly underestimated his competition and fell on his face throughout the season.

I miss that frickin Texaser; can't believe he bashed us and stayed over there.

Bretsky
04-24-2006, 09:31 PM
That was one of my suggestions for the expansion of the PR site. We definitely should get a league together--even if its a lame-arse Yahoo league. I think it'd be totally fun to get into the fantasy football trenches with you guys and gals.

I run two leagues on my own, but am a fantasy football addict.

tyler

I NOMINATE JACK AS COMMISSIONER

jack's smirking revenge
04-24-2006, 09:40 PM
I'd love to. Let's make it happen.

tyler

jack's smirking revenge
04-24-2006, 09:44 PM
So I was probably overly harsh on Yahoo. It works pretty well. My scoring rules are somewhat complicated though. Allows for more scoring across the board and makes every single person on your squad important because even the bench players score points each week.

Here's a link to one of my leagues from last year. It was a ton of fun. http://www.fflmanager.com/football/atomicpigski/index.php. If you guys (and gals) are interested, let me know and I'll hook this thing up. Let me add that this site is VERY customizeable and is run by some dude in WI, so money is going to a local guy, which I'm happy about.

tyler

Bretsky
04-24-2006, 10:06 PM
So I was probably overly harsh on Yahoo. It works pretty well. My scoring rules are somewhat complicated though. Allows for more scoring across the board and makes every single person on your squad important because even the bench players score points each week.

Here's a link to one of my leagues from last year. It was a ton of fun. http://www.fflmanager.com/football/atomicpigski/index.php. If you guys (and gals) are interested, let me know and I'll hook this thing up. Let me add that this site is VERY customizeable and is run by some dude in WI, so money is going to a local guy, which I'm happy about.

tyler

I have no issue with complicated rules; but some of the teams may not be into the overly complicates stuff and I don't think it's a bad idea to have a simple league in here. Out of curiosity, why pay $$ when there is so much free stuff on the NET ? I'm not a big Yahoo fan; I like exit42.com myself but Yahoo was ok last year.

jack's smirking revenge
04-24-2006, 10:10 PM
I do the pay sites because everything is customizeable. Yahoo is somewhat limited when it comes down to managing a league.

Yahoo would definitely work for a simple league though, which we should probably do to bring in the various skill levels. I have no problem going that route if we could get enough people on board. AND We could hold the draft here. (People could follow along if they wanted to).

Hell, if we could get enough people, I'd manage two leagues. That kind of participation would be awesome from the Packer Rats site. It'd be super fun to run two full leagues and have a Packer Rats Super Bowl where the two conferences meet.

I'll start up a thread to see how many people are truly interested.

tyler

Bretsky
04-24-2006, 10:14 PM
I do the pay sites because everything is customizeable. Yahoo is somewhat limited when it comes down to managing a league.

Yahoo would definitely work for a simple league though, which we should probably do to bring in the various skill levels. I have no problem going that route if we could get enough people on board. AND We could hold the draft here. (People could follow along if they wanted to).

Hell, if we could get enough people, I'd manage two leagues. That kind of participation would be awesome from the Packer Rats site. It'd be super fun to run two full leagues and have a Packer Rats Super Bowl where the two conferences meet.

tyler

I'd be fairly confident you'd already have

LEWCHA
Yourself
Bretsky
Harvey
Theatreofshades

And that is without even remembering the rest of the league. So there's six; you could EASILY have 12 and maybe 14.

I do think to encourage competition we should go the simple route though. I kind of liked the defensive scoring; it grew on me.......but some didn't like that.

retailguy
04-24-2006, 10:19 PM
Count me in....

Bretsky
04-24-2006, 10:22 PM
Count me in....

Good Deal; I'll need some Kool Aide to combine with Vodka after watching the OL next year :wink:

jack's smirking revenge
04-24-2006, 10:27 PM

tyler

I'd be fairly confident you'd already have

LEWCHA
Yourself
Bretsky
Harvey
Theatreofshades

And that is without even remembering the rest of the league. So there's six; you could EASILY have 12 and maybe 14.

I do think to encourage competition we should go the simple route though. I kind of liked the defensive scoring; it grew on me.......but some didn't like that.

If we go the simple route, then I don't want to do IDP (I think its IDP--I'm a little drunk right now and can't remember) scoring. I'd want to do DEF/ST scoring, as traditional fantasy football leagues do, but not IDP.

tyler

retailguy
04-24-2006, 10:41 PM
Count me in....

Good Deal; I'll need some Kool Aide to combine with Vodka after watching the OL next year :wink:

Just like that vodka you needed to watch the defense last year? :twisted:

CyclonePackFan
04-24-2006, 10:42 PM
I'm always up for a little FF.

swede
04-24-2006, 10:45 PM
I dropped out of my last league because of cultural differences between me and the rest of the team owners. They were still in their twenties and draft day was a drawn out drinking thing and the winner was obligated to throw a really big drawn out drinking thing.

Don't get me wrong. I love to drink. But good times doesn't mean furniture has to get broken, does it?

An online league would be fun. Please consider me as a prospective team owner.

GrnBay007
04-24-2006, 10:51 PM
I'll play again this year........as long as B promises not to nag me on and on about trading my best player again!! :razz: :wink:

Bretsky
04-24-2006, 10:52 PM
Count me in....

There were a lot of reasons our defense was rated so highly overall; also keep in mind we weren't that highly rated in defensive scoring given up.

We faced some teams with bad QB situations, bad offenses, and several of the INT's given up allowed teams to drive fewer yards for scores, thus improving the yardage (may also be why defensive scores given up were higher).

I don't think GB had a top 10 defense, but we were average...and that's a credit to Bates and the players.

There were instances where we really needed a stop to get back in the game and the defense didn't come through. By no means were we dominant and we'll have to improve to stay rated as high as we were last year.

Bretsky
04-24-2006, 10:53 PM
I'll play again this year........as long as B promises not to nag me on and on about trading my best player again!! :razz: :wink:

Had you accepted my proposals faster, you would have been better off and I'd have been screwed in the playoffs. So thanks for turning me down; wait...did I say that to a chick ?

jack's smirking revenge
04-24-2006, 10:55 PM
Be careful Bretsky. The EC gang doesn't like the term "chick". I think they prefer "hottie crew". :wink:

tyler

Bretsky
04-24-2006, 10:59 PM
Be careful Bretsky. The EC gang doesn't like the term "chick". I think they prefer "hottie crew". :wink:

tyler

Tyler,

I think they are use to me offending them; I've been lectured time after time about chickage use but it's too much of a habit for me so I'll suffer the consequences and beg for forgiveness.

Joemailman
04-24-2006, 11:00 PM
Al least B didn't sat "broad". Count me in for FF.

GrnBay007
04-24-2006, 11:02 PM

tyler

Tyler,

I think they are use to me offending them; I've been lectured time after time about chickage use but it's too much of a habit for me so I'll suffer the consequences and beg for forgiveness.

Actually it was more the spelling......chick is a baby chicken......chic is a chic. If I remember correctly that was GBM's problem with your wordage.

Bretsky
04-24-2006, 11:09 PM

tyler

Tyler,

Actually it was more the spelling......chick is a baby chicken......chic is a chic. If I remember correctly that was GBM's problem with your wordage.

would you gals prefer baberooshkies ?

GBRulz
04-24-2006, 11:42 PM
Did you think of that all on your own, B? I'm impressed!

Anyhow, count me in for FF, too. I replied too late to get in with you guys last year!

Bretsky
04-24-2006, 11:50 PM
Did you think of that all on your own, B? I'm impressed!

Anyhow, count me in for FF, too. I replied too late to get in with you guys last year!

Yes I did; I've always thouth the EC gals was a bit simple. Deeper would be

Bretsky's Baberooshskies
The Babesters
Grailbabes

Two gals.........in FF.. Cool

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2006, 07:42 AM
I think Yahoo is great for fantasy ball.

I don't mind individual defensive players and some extra stat categories, but Tex went way overboard. I don't like fractions of points, negative points, and all of the other garbage he had.

GBRulz
04-25-2006, 08:16 AM
B - you should have quit while you were ahead :wink:

retailguy
04-25-2006, 03:17 PM
Count me in....

There were a lot of reasons our defense was rated so highly overall; also keep in mind we weren't that highly rated in defensive scoring given up.

We faced some teams with bad QB situations, bad offenses, and several of the INT's given up allowed teams to drive fewer yards for scores, thus improving the yardage (may also be why defensive scores given up were higher).

I don't think GB had a top 10 defense, but we were average...and that's a credit to Bates and the players.

There were instances where we really needed a stop to get back in the game and the defense didn't come through. By no means were we dominant and we'll have to improve to stay rated as high as we were last year.

Wow that was a long response.... :mrgreen:

Anyhow, my point was that regardless of where you think they ranked they were better performers than you expected. That is what will happen to the OL this year..... :D

MadtownPacker
04-25-2006, 07:19 PM
Sign me up for FF. :twisted:

jack's smirking revenge
04-25-2006, 08:10 PM
This is gonna be really fun, guys and gals. I'm looking forward to getting this thang going!

tyler

MJZiggy
04-25-2006, 08:23 PM
If you make it simple enough that an idiot could do it, I'm in.

jack's smirking revenge
04-25-2006, 08:33 PM
If you make it simple enough that an idiot could do it, I'm in.

Then you're in. And I'm quite sure you're not an idiot. You'll do just fine.

The problem will be that you'll get addicted. :D

tyler