PDA

View Full Version : Who Would You trade Up for?

Fritz
02-10-2007, 10:11 AM
I'm curious what player, if any, you'd be willing to see TT sacrifice the first, second, and probably another pick for.

For me, that would be C Johnson, wide receiver. The guy's a big time difference maker.

Brando19
02-10-2007, 10:15 AM
I've been big on Calvin Johnson since day one. He is a beast and quite possibly the best player in the entire draft. However, if we trade for Randy Moss, I don't think I'd want to trade up for Calvin Johnson. I'd probably want the Pack to trade up for Adrian Peterson.

Lurker64
02-10-2007, 10:22 AM
I'd be happy to trade up for Amobi Okoye, he certainly wouldn't cost as much as C.J., probably a first and a third.

ahaha
02-10-2007, 10:26 AM
Who's the highest rated punter?

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-10-2007, 10:28 AM
IMO, theres not one person I would trade up for. This team is far more then one dominating player away from being a contender. The only reason I even would consider the Moss trade is b/c it may only take a 3rd.

If we don't trade for Moss I would love to trade down a few spots and pick S. Rice and get another pick.

Fritz
02-10-2007, 10:37 AM
Generally speaking I agree that trading down is better. I was just curious which guy, if any, people think is a real playmaker, the kind of player who can change a game. For me, it's Calvin Johnson. I laugh to think that the Lions finally have a wide receiver worth taking that high - and they won't do it.

oregonpackfan
02-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Mark me as another Packers fan who would trade up for Calvin Johnson!

OPF

The Shadow
02-10-2007, 10:45 AM
I don't see a player I'd trade up for.

By the way, it's now just about time for the 'unbelievable -super-freak-of-nature' athlete to appear. You know, the one with the unimpressive college resume who tests well and becomes the instant darling of many Packer fans, who prefer him to real football players.

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Generally speaking I agree that trading down is better. I was just curious which guy, if any, people think is a real playmaker, the kind of player who can change a game. For me, it's Calvin Johnson. I laugh to think that the Lions finally have a wide receiver worth taking that high - and they won't do it.

Well if I could have one player in the whole draft, then I 100% agree with you that it's Calvin Johnson. He's just a beast. I would also love A. Peterson or Joe Thomas, they are both going to be great players as well.

Fritz
02-10-2007, 10:55 AM
I don't see a player I'd trade up for.

By the way, it's now just about time for the 'unbelievable -super-freak-of-nature' athlete to appear. You know, the one with the unimpressive college resume who tests well and becomes the instant darling of many Packer fans, who prefer him to real football players.

Shadow, I don't think of CJ as fitting that mold. He's a real football player. But I know what you mean. Thank goodness TT doesn't fall in love with those combine guys - unimpressive football careers but can run really, really fast around orange cones. I think Shermy often liked those types.

Also, I like Peterson but would not trade up - I'd worry about injury history. Joe Thomas will be very good but left tackles are not worth trading so many high picks for.

Cheesehead Craig
02-10-2007, 11:19 AM
I think the consensus of the biggest difference maker in the draft is CJ. However, I would trade up for Peterson as well.

Brando19
02-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Peterson and Johnson will likely be the rookies with the biggest impact on their teams the first year.

red
02-10-2007, 12:46 PM
CJ, and CJ only

b bulldog
02-11-2007, 09:54 PM
I love CJ but I wouldn't give up the picks to get him.

Pacopete4
02-12-2007, 12:33 AM
Brett Favre...

SD GB fan
02-12-2007, 01:08 AM
hes in the draft again? shoot, he really nvr ages, does he? heres to another 17 years. 8)

PackerPro42
02-12-2007, 08:06 AM
I wouldn't trade up for anyone. The guy TT is looking at will likely be at the 16 spot. If we could get a Marshawn Lynch or a Reggie Nelson in the first I would be extremely happy. I would be happier with Lynch do to the fact that he's something special and he fits our system perfect, but non the less, I wouldn't trade up for anyone.

KYPack
02-12-2007, 09:18 AM

Really.

Millen is so painted in a corner on this one. He can't draft another WR no matter what!

I've posted this 20 times, but why do the Ford's keep fat Matt around? It's very cruel to make a person do a job that he is too incompetent to perform.

esoxx
02-12-2007, 12:05 PM
Calvin Johnson

Pack_Attack88
02-12-2007, 12:46 PM
why cant millen draft a WR?? CJ is no receiver he may have taken in the past!! CJ is dynamic!!!

If I was him I would take CJ and get my Olineman in the second!!

SkinBasket
02-12-2007, 01:44 PM
I've posted this 20 times, but why do the Ford's keep fat Matt around? It's very cruel to make a person do a job that he is too incompetent to perform.

He is a family friend. It's been up to the Detroit fans to try to force some kind of change. Until they quite literally boycott games in massive numbers, I don't see how anything is going to change. I mean, you really can't get worse than Millen as far as job performance, he's been a public relations disaster, and hasn't shown any signs of somehow learning anything while on the job.

I really don't understand how a man, no matter how fricken dumb he is, doesn't have the self-awareness and self-respect to simply step down.

bbbffl66
02-12-2007, 02:27 PM
I would go after AP or CJ, but only if the price was right. No Ditka/R Williams type players are out there. Come to think of it, there weren't any players of that type when Ditka did that either!

SudsMcBucky
02-14-2007, 10:57 AM
I would love to move up and draft our next franchise LT, Mr. Joe Thomas!

LEWCWA
02-14-2007, 07:35 PM
I really don't understand the Millen is dumb thing. What has he done so bad. Nobody thought the Joey Harrington pick was bad-he just failed! Charles Rodgers was supposed to be a stud-he failed! Roy Williams is a beast-he is going to be a great pick, Kevin jones was/is a nice runner. The only real blunder I see is Mike Williams! The failed QB is what has killed this team!

Charles Woodson
02-14-2007, 07:41 PM
I really don't understand the Millen is dumb thing. What has he done so bad. Nobody thought the Joey Harrington pick was bad-he just failed! Charles Rodgers was supposed to be a stud-he failed! Roy Williams is a beast-he is going to be a great pick, Kevin jones was/is a nice runner. The only real blunder I see is Mike Williams! The failed QB is what has killed this team!

Its the lions shouldnt that be a big enough reason?
Stop sticking up for them
'

SudsMcBucky
02-15-2007, 07:42 AM

The same could be said about GB's pick of Tony Mandarich. He was supposed to be "can't miss" franchise tackle, considered as such by EVERYONE. Yet, people like to blame Packer brass after the fact for making the pick.

Scott Campbell
02-15-2007, 07:55 AM
The same could be said about GB's pick of Tony Mandarich. He was supposed to be "can't miss" franchise tackle, considered as such by EVERYONE. Yet, people like to blame Packer brass after the fact for making the pick.

Yeah, but the Packers fired everybody responsible for the Mandrich pick and the lousy W/L record. Millen still has his job.

Zool
02-15-2007, 08:24 AM
I think Millens handling of their coaching sistuation is what should have gotten him fired long before now.

By the way, Charles Rodgers and Mike Williams were drafted too high. I dont care who's available, you dont draft WR 3 consecutive years in the top 10.

Fritz
02-16-2007, 09:31 AM

Isn't the whole point of having a GM so that you've got someone who can, more often than not, separate the wheat from the chaff? Ron Wolf made some lousy picks, but he succeeded more than he failed - enough to get the Pack to the Super Bowl. In seven years, with top ten picks in six of those seven years, Millen has come up with Shaun Rogers, Kevin Jones, and Roy Williams. He flat out fails too much, yet he continues to be employed by the Lions. And this year, he'll pass on the wide receiver he really should take -Calvin Johnson - and add to his legacy of ineptitude.