PDA

View Full Version : Building from the inside out

VegasPackFan
02-10-2007, 01:25 PM
I think in general , this is what TT is doing, and I believe it is the correct way to build a long-term contender.

You have to solidify the OL and DL. If you look at the Lions, for instance, they have been using their high draft picks for skill positions year after year and look what the result has been.

TT has done a good job drafting/finding talent on the lines. You have to be a hater to not realise that he struck gold in the last draft for the OL. He still managed to pick up a LB and WR with huge potential on top of that.

This leads me to believe that the focus this year may be on the skill positions. He will definitely do something to upgrade these areas.

red
02-10-2007, 04:55 PM
you gotta wait to really see how good TT can draft. 2 years ago his draft looked great when it happened and during the year, then this year came along and some of those guys are gone, and other haven't looked so good. this years draft looked great during the year, but next year might tell a different story when these guys take the field.

we had a lot of rookies starting this year, you gotta ask, is it because they're good solid rookies, or were they starting simply by default because we had nothing better. time will tell on that. you have to find your big time guys, the stars and leaders of the team in the draft, if you don't, and just find solid players, then you have to turn to free agency to get those top notch players. because you need some of those big play grab the game by the balls type of player, not just the solid ones

for me, it looks like we drafted a bunch of solid players, with one possible exception being hawk. we need more special players, not just average nfl starters

prsnfoto
02-11-2007, 09:53 AM
Good post red,it remains to be seen if the OL is good they had mom(Bubba) and Dad (the fullback) holding their hans almost every pass play last year, if they get weened this year we could be dangerous. His first draft was average at best mostly because they kinda had to take a shot at Rodgers had he taken an impact player it would have been better and the Murphy incident was unfortunate(not TT's fault).