View Full Version : Packer Rat Mock Top 5 results...not a big surprise I guess

ND72
04-24-2006, 10:07 AM
#1 Houston Texans - Reggie Bush
#2 N.O. Saints - Mario Williams
#3 Tennessee - Matt Leinart
#4 NY Jets - D'Brick Ferguson
#5 GB Packers - A.J. Hawk

If anyone wants this continued feel free to let me know. It's going to be a fun week.

Chester Marcol
04-24-2006, 10:13 AM
What if the Saints take Hawk like some wild rumors say. Do the Jets take Williams or are they locked on the lineman? Do you think Williams would fall to 5?

CyclonePackFan
04-24-2006, 10:16 AM
I gotta believe that the Jets would take Williams as a replacement for Abraham. Then again, if the QB they really love is there (Leinart?), I'm sure they'll go for him.

ND72
04-24-2006, 10:17 AM
i think any of the top 5 could take ANYONE. and i wouldn't surprised.

Chester Marcol
04-24-2006, 10:32 AM
Good points. That's the fun thing with the drafts. Whose going to be the first to throw the monkey wrench into this years draft. Every mock I see looks pretty much the same. Someone has to shake it up a bit in the top 5.

ND72
04-24-2006, 10:49 AM
yeah it'll probably be us...

Guiness
04-24-2006, 10:49 AM
I'd say the only lock is Bush at #1. After that, it's a crapshoot.

I'm still a believer that NO gets out of their spot, if they can find a dance partner. If that happens, watch hell break loose.

Imagine this:
Bush
NO - trades to someone who grabs Leinart.
Tennesee is suddenly looking at VY and Cutler. Raiders panic because they want VY and make that move.
Jets are looking at Brick and Williams. They never thought Williams would drop to them...and probably take him
That leaves the Pack with Brick and AJ. Brick is big time value. What do they do?

MJZiggy
04-24-2006, 10:53 AM
Take Cutler. If only to mess with your head.

Chester Marcol
04-24-2006, 11:32 AM
I'd say the only lock is Bush at #1. After that, it's a crapshoot.

I'm still a believer that NO gets out of their spot, if they can find a dance partner. If that happens, watch hell break loose.

Imagine this:
Bush
NO - trades to someone who grabs Leinart.
Tennesee is suddenly looking at VY and Cutler. Raiders panic because they want VY and make that move.
Jets are looking at Brick and Williams. They never thought Williams would drop to them...and probably take him
That leaves the Pack with Brick and AJ. Brick is big time value. What do they do?

Holy crap. I had an anxiety attack just reading that. So the moral of this thread is to install the seatbelt on that lazy boy before the 1st pick.

MJZiggy
04-24-2006, 11:52 AM
And clear the room of all objects that could do irreparable harm to your TV.

Chester Marcol
04-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Maybe I'll become the boy in the bubble. Added bonus: Neighbors won't hear me screaming profanities.

ND72
04-24-2006, 12:38 PM
Yeah my buddies home theatre i'll be at...the "tv" is a screen on the wall...and the room is "insulated" so it's not too easy to hear out of it....and I think Bush goes #1 also, but i think the seatbelt needs to be buckled in before the first pick even. gonna be fun!

Guiness
04-24-2006, 12:43 PM
If that scared you, what about this:

The Hawk at #2 thing comes from reports that the Saints really like Hawk. I agree they probably won't take him at #2 though. I would look for them to take whatever they can get from the Jets to move down to #4. I don't think the Jets are desparate to move up but they might get a good deal to do so. Then the Jets could have their choice of QB and the Saints could take Hawk at #4. Worse case for GB would be that the Jets move up and take Williams with the Saints taking Hawk.

so you'd end up with this:
Houston - Bush
Jets - Williams
Tenn - Leinart/VY
NO - AJ

GB - left with Brick or Leinart/VY/Cutler! In this scenario, AJ's gone too!

ND72
04-24-2006, 12:57 PM
good god we trade...hahaha...

swede
04-24-2006, 12:59 PM
That's a nightmare for those of us who want Hawk.

Might as well trade down then.

theeaterofshades
04-24-2006, 01:02 PM
Maybe I'll become the boy in the bubble. Added bonus: Neighbors won't hear me screaming profanities.

Or you could be lucky enough to have to work on Saturday. I am not happy that the draft is later this season!
One of the few weekends where I work :evil: , and even then it isn't in the office. I will be in a gymnasium in WI Rapids for the WI Teacher Interview Fair :mad: . Double whammy: This is also the time when I drew for Turkey Hunting :cry: . I guess I will be smuggling in a radio!
:twisted:

MJZiggy
04-24-2006, 01:04 PM
Just try not to holler when talking to a new prospect. It tends to make them cautious.

BooHoo
04-24-2006, 08:37 PM
I can't see Hawk going before the #5 pick, so he will be there if TT wants him.

b bulldog
04-24-2006, 09:54 PM
i AGREE BOOHOO on your Hawk prediction. I think or hope that Huff or Davis will be the pick if Mario is gone.

Bretsky
04-24-2006, 09:55 PM
i AGREE BOOHOO on your Hawk prediction. I think or hope that Huff or Davis will be the pick if Mario is gone.

I fully expect TT will do something I find incomprehensible so I could see Huff .

jack's smirking revenge
04-24-2006, 10:00 PM
Makes me somewhat happy that I won't be able to watch the draft. We have a 20% chance of being genuinely disappointed (if we pick Brick). I mean, he's probably a great player, but not, IMHO, a player that we need badly.

Mandarich anyone?

tyler

No Mo Moss
04-25-2006, 12:35 AM
Well I think Huff will be a top CB in this league, not a safety. Top CB are hard to find, especially ones that are bad ass tacklers. I'd be OK with that.

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2006, 07:34 AM
Ferguson scares me also. I know it could help, but I don't like the idea of paying him to be an OG or moving Tauscher to OG. Plus, he doesn't have the measurables that other top OTs have had that have gone in the top 5. I have a feeling he'll be a mild bust--like Robert Gallery has been so far.

BooHoo
04-25-2006, 09:23 AM
Ferguson scares me also. I know it could help, but I don't like the idea of paying him to be an OG or moving Tauscher to OG. Plus, he doesn't have the measurables that other top OTs have had that have gone in the top 5. I have a feeling he'll be a mild bust--like Robert Gallery has been so far.

TT, please don't draft the OT in the first round. :smile:

Chester Marcol
04-25-2006, 03:11 PM
Hey ND72. Maybe we should have a contingency mock draft. A few what ifs that could shake it up a bit. Texans take Mario at 1. They have started contract negotiations with both WIlliams and Bush, unless it's just a ploy. But what if Mario agrees favorably to what they are offering and Reg balks? Do we think the Jets will really stay at 4 if they want Ferguson? Couldn't they get him at 7? Trade seems most likely there if that is who the Jets are high on.

Who else could spin these mocks out of whack?