PDA

View Full Version : Pure Speculation 2

b bulldog
02-12-2007, 08:56 PM
By Arrigo
Indeed the Packers will be making a run at signing Thomas from Baltimore
The Packers and Broncos are again talking trade, KGB and a pick for Tatum Bell and a pick.
The Packers have interest in Stallworth but the 49ers will most likely land him. Who don't the Packers have interest in that can catch the ball?? The Postons may come calling to the Pack for an incentive laiden, vet minimum deal for often injured LB Arrington. Justin griffin is on the Packers radar as a FB and the Pack is shying away from the Moss deal at the moment because Davis would like to mend the hard feelings or get two picks in the first three rounds of the draft. The Bucs really like Garcia.

Charles Woodson
02-12-2007, 09:04 PM
im just excited that we are looking in to so many people

HarveyWallbangers
02-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Personally, I don't believe a word the guy says. It's a main reason that I don't go to PackerChatters. That and the mob mentality that exists if you try to hold the guy accountable.

People say he was right on some things. Big deal. He throws 100 darts at the board, one is bound to hit the bullseye. He'll make 30 statements like this per week. Big deal if one hits.

b bulldog
02-12-2007, 09:13 PM
I agree with Harv here. he has the Packers wanting every UFA WR so when we do get one, he'll say he told you so.

Bretsky
02-12-2007, 09:18 PM
if you throw enough shit against the wall one piece is likely to stick

b bulldog
02-12-2007, 09:20 PM
I agree but I also like reading the "BS". i'LL KEEP POSTING SO IT CAN BE HASHED OVER.

Bretsky
02-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Sounds good; I love reading it as well as the next

MacCool606
02-12-2007, 09:31 PM
Put me with the naysayers - I can't believe T would suddenly change directions and become something he has avoided for the last 2 years. Especially for the top FA out there. His MO is to wait until the price comes down.

MacCool606
02-12-2007, 09:32 PM
But I have to admit that the thought of us being first in line for some of these guys helps pass the time until something important happens.

MTPackerfan
02-12-2007, 09:45 PM
thanks for posting this, makes for interesting reading even if you don't believe any of it. I don't think they should go after Arrington.

red
02-13-2007, 08:40 AM
Personally, I don't believe a word the guy says. It's a main reason that I don't go to PackerChatters. That and the mob mentality that exists if you try to hold the guy accountable.

People say he was right on some things. Big deal. He throws 100 darts at the board, one is bound to hit the bullseye. He'll make 30 statements like this per week. Big deal if one hits.

you sound luke me, almost one year ago

a guy starts posting crap as inside rumors about 2 minutes after they appear on kffl, and i call him on it

you would have thought i just killed jesus

pack4to84
02-13-2007, 08:58 AM
nothing can go down until next season begins which is March 2. So no trades can happen until then.

red
02-13-2007, 09:00 AM
nothing can go down until next season begins which is March 2. So no trades can happen until then.

well, teams can talk and agree to deals, but you're right, nothing can officially get done until march 2nd

SkinBasket
02-13-2007, 09:10 AM
By Arrigo
The Packers and Broncos are again talking trade, KGB and a pick for Tatum Bell and a pick.

If the picks were in the same round and this actually happened, I would tattoo TT's mug in a frame of roses on my butt. And that's a good thing.

StPaulPackFan
02-13-2007, 01:43 PM

I got tired of hearing all of the crap this guy spewed over at PackerChatters. Isn't it amazing that he has so much inside information but had no prior knowledge of the Harris extension? :shock:

I still remember him posting some garbage before the draft last year about Reggie Bush. Something about how he met him in the bathroom at a restaurant, and Reggie said "Hey man, what are you doing here?". Like Reggie would know who he is...

Pack_Attack88
02-13-2007, 11:16 PM
i wouldnt trade KGB for Tatum!! Bell is overrated and I think KGB has more value than him....

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-13-2007, 11:20 PM
i wouldnt trade KGB for Tatum!! Bell is overrated and I think KGB has more value than him....

I agree.

esoxx
02-13-2007, 11:32 PM
KGB can be effective in the role he played at the end of the year which is a situational pass rusher, something many of us had been clamoring for. Maybe the Packers approach him and ask him to take a reduction and make it all work out.

Fritz
02-14-2007, 06:31 AM

I thought Tatum Bell was a Raiders' safety from the 1970's. Why does the Pack want him? Is he gonna be the new D-backs coach?

esoxx
02-14-2007, 10:07 AM
Jack Tatum. That guy was a criminal in pads.

wist43
02-14-2007, 10:23 AM
I'd trade KGB for Bell in a heartbeat...

Don't think it'll happen though.

SkinBasket
02-14-2007, 10:24 AM
KGB can be effective in the role he played at the end of the year which is a situational pass rusher, something many of us had been clamoring for. Maybe the Packers approach him and ask him to take a reduction and make it all work out.

That's the ONLY way I can see KGB having any "value" to GB. In any other situation than, "hey go do your one move now on 3rd and 12," KGB played as a liability, not as an asset last season. A third down rusher is worth the vet min + incentives for production, nothing like the money he has made, and will continue to make, under his current contract.

red
02-14-2007, 10:48 AM
I'd trade KGB for Bell in a heartbeat...

Don't think it'll happen though.

i think thats a horrible trade

i'd rather just trade kgb for a 3rd or 4th rounder, and draft a rb

4and12to12and4
02-14-2007, 06:14 PM
I agree it's time for KGB to go, I'd rather have Montgomery take the third and long role.

wist43
02-14-2007, 08:24 PM
I agree it's time for KGB to go, I'd rather have Montgomery take the third and long role.

I'm not necessarily down on KGB - used properly, he can be very effective.

You have to figure that pressure has been brought from management to make him an every down player - which, of course, he is not...

I have to assume that Bates is a fairly bright guy - despite the fact that I think the scheme he ran is more suited for flag football than the NFL, but that's another argument - and could clearly see that KGB was miscast as an every down player, and was being beaten down week after week.

That being the case, you have to assume that Sherman, and by then TT, to justify KGB's big contract, forced KGB on Bates as an every down player - to the detriment of the team.

No, I'm not necessarily down on KGB - he's a one trick pony, but that trick is a pretty good one (speed rushing) - I'm more up on Bell.

I see Bell as having the potential to be a very productive back... last year, he would have put up big numbers if not for the turf toe(s)... both of his toes were injured.

If the trade doesn't happen - no biggy - b/c we still have a quality pass rusher. If it does go down, we get a quality RB in return.

I have no problem with the trade.

BooHoo
02-14-2007, 08:32 PM
I don't have a problem with the trade either. KGB will only be a situational player this coming year anyway.

SD GB fan
02-14-2007, 08:34 PM
im okay with the trade too. bell has the experience in ZBS and he has the talents to score every down because he is pretty fast. for some reason, shanahan didnt consistently use him as the feature back. i remember him doing well every time hes in (5.3 yards per carry in 2005 and 4.4 yards per carry last year). it could be a size issue or it could be that shanahan got too cocky with his scheme believing that if you plug in an undrafted rookie, you can win.

but if anything, hes an upgrade over herron/morency and his salary is less than that of KGB. if trade doesnt happen, i still like KGB as a pass rusher though.

SD GB fan
02-14-2007, 08:37 PM
oops

Pack_Attack88
02-14-2007, 09:53 PM
you have your players and era's mixed up Fritz.... lol!!

Partial
02-15-2007, 12:01 AM

I'm not necessarily down on KGB - used properly, he can be very effective.

You have to figure that pressure has been brought from management to make him an every down player - which, of course, he is not...

I have to assume that Bates is a fairly bright guy - despite the fact that I think the scheme he ran is more suited for flag football than the NFL, but that's another argument - and could clearly see that KGB was miscast as an every down player, and was being beaten down week after week.

That being the case, you have to assume that Sherman, and by then TT, to justify KGB's big contract, forced KGB on Bates as an every down player - to the detriment of the team.

No, I'm not necessarily down on KGB - he's a one trick pony, but that trick is a pretty good one (speed rushing) - I'm more up on Bell.

I see Bell as having the potential to be a very productive back... last year, he would have put up big numbers if not for the turf toe(s)... both of his toes were injured.

If the trade doesn't happen - no biggy - b/c we still have a quality pass rusher. If it does go down, we get a quality RB in return.

I have no problem with the trade.

I like Bell a lot. Very good player. Needs to get and stay healthy, though.

prsnfoto
02-15-2007, 08:44 AM
Jack Tatum. That guy was a criminal in pads.

It is a well known fact Chuck Cecil's mom had an affair with him. :twisted: