PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl in Green Bay?

Brando19
02-13-2007, 02:32 PM
The news tip attorney Matt Flynn supplied at the end of "Belling & Company," which aired Sunday on WDJT-TV Channel 58 is as cold as they come. In the show's "hot tips of the week" segment, Flynn said: "We should all be very proud that the NFL has approached the Green Bay Packers to host Super Bowl L (50) in Green Bay." Good story, if only it was true. But it's not, according to Bob Harlan, chairman and chief executive officer of the Packers. "No, we have not been (approached)," Harlan said. "The Super Bowl has been in Minneapolis and Detroit, but both of those have been in domed stadiums. The huge problems here would be the weather, which would be unbelievable, obviously, and your hotel space. When cities make presentations to us at league meetings they brag about their airports and where you can park your yacht. We could show them the Fox River, but I don't think it would do the same thing for them." A Super Bowl has never been held at an outdoor stadium in a cold-weather NFL city.

This was from foxsports.
Too bad it's not true...I would love to watch a Super Bowl held in Green Bay...Titletown, USA.

GBRulz
02-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Visitors would surely be impressed with our classy restaurants...like Applebee's :lol:

red
02-13-2007, 03:03 PM
i once made a thread about this somewhere, either JSO or packerchatters

i asked why not green bay?

i would love to have it at lambeau

and i think if they cut out all of the extra bullshit, and just made the super bowl about the game, then they could swing it

rant on:

the super bowl is not football, its some odd freak show, with explosions. its not the same game we see during the season, or even during the playoffs. its 2 teams trying hard all game not to screw up, so they do nothing, broken up by a few huge plays. so instead of a nice even paced game, you have a bunch of boring nothing with a few huge plays thrown in.

its arena football, or university of miami football from the early 90's

and i haven't seen one super bowl yeat that has lived up to the hype

: rant off

red
02-13-2007, 03:05 PM
Visitors would surely be impressed with our classy restaurants...like Applebee's :lol:

if they want class they can drive a bit, paris in pembine isn't that far away

swede
02-13-2007, 03:31 PM
And, just south of Pembine, Amberg is beautiful as January becomes February. Super Bowl fans can go ice fishing on Town Corner Lake if they are willing to snowmobile in and drill through 18 inches of ice.

I know there aren't a lot of hotel rooms in the area but my cousin Larry in Pulaski keeps a sleeper sofa on the front porch for when the wife locks him out. If the corporate exec has fifty bucks Larry wouldn't care. Corporate money spends good too.

red
02-13-2007, 03:44 PM
LOL

Cheesehead Craig
02-13-2007, 03:48 PM
Super Bowl weekend could kick off with the best Friday Night fishfry the NFL has ever seen! Trinity Lutheran Church here we come!

oregonpackfan
02-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Just think of the scenarios of past Super Bowls held in Green Bay.

1. For her "Wardrobe Malfunction" Janet Jackson would have had frostbite of her(anatomical part deleted).

2. Prince's fingers would have frozen to his guitar strings.

3. Terry Bradshaw would be forced to wear a hat to cover his "Crome Dome."

4. The Brown County Quilting Bee would have performed at halftime.

What fun!

GBRulz
02-13-2007, 06:56 PM
All fans would receive the exclusive Fleet Farm VIP Winter kit upon entering the stadium. Included is a pair of jumper cables, blanket, HEET, an ice scraper and antifreeze.

red
02-13-2007, 07:55 PM
actually, i think i would have enjoyed the janet jackson thing a lot better if it was nippy out

:wink:

Joemailman
02-13-2007, 09:25 PM
The high temperature in Green Bay on Super Bowl Sunday was -1. Yep, I'll bet they're dying to have the Super Bowl in Green Bay. The only way Green Bay gets the Super Bowl is if global warming takes its full effect. :wink:

Since we can't have the Super Bowl in Green Bay, we'll just have to settle for Green Bay in the Super Bowl. :cow: :glug:

Pacopete4
02-13-2007, 09:29 PM
honestly though.. where would all the people stay?... how would all the tv networks do their 2 weeks on the beach?.. how would the halftime show go?.....

oh ya.. F*** em.. footballs meant to be played in those kind of conditions and on the greatest field in the league

BallHawk
02-13-2007, 09:47 PM
[quote="Pacopete4"]how would all the tv networks do their 2 weeks on the beach?/quote]

I'm sure the city would allot an area of shoreline along Lake Michigan for the media.

The only bad thing is that it's possible that Stuart Scott's glass eye would collect frost.