PDA

View Full Version : NFL Channel

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2006, 11:36 AM
Sweet!

NFL Network to replay full games
April 24, 2006

NEW YORK (AP) -- NFL games will be replayed in a 90-minute format on NFL Network during the upcoming season.

In the past, the league didn't allow full rebroadcasts. But beginning Tuesday, Sept. 12, "NFL Game Re-Airs" will feature four of the best matchups from the previous weekend. Eliminated will be halftime and, according to a league announcement, "other elements not critical to the outcome."

But additional features, such as sideline and on-field sound captured during the game and postgame news conference sound bites will be interspersed within the broadcast. There also will be camera shots and angles from NFL Films that differ from those on the original telecast.

"Fans have been asking us for years about encore presentations of our games," said Charles Coplin, NFL Network's vice president of programming. "For NFL Network, these rights are as significant as securing the new Thursday-Saturday prime-time game package."

Two games will be shown each Tuesday and Wednesday night. Games shot in high definition will re-air in HD. Which games will be re-aired will be announced Mondays.

It will be the first time in league history that games from the NFL regular-season or playoffs will be shown outside their live window. The network expects to show 75 replays altogether.

Scott Campbell
04-24-2006, 11:37 AM
Cool.

No Mo Moss
04-24-2006, 11:43 AM
Great, regular season games and replays. So now all I need is for Time Warner Cable to get their F*cking thumb out of their ass and get the NFL Network. My God how hard can it possibly be?

MJZiggy
04-24-2006, 11:51 AM
I wonder how often we'll be one of the 4 best games of the week... :?:

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2006, 12:51 PM
Anyone going to watch the draft coverage on the NFL Network?

MJZiggy
04-24-2006, 01:01 PM
I have another engagement, but you'll be there making Dragon picks, yes?

packinator
04-24-2006, 01:23 PM
How sweet is this? For years we were stuck with the same highlights from news and ESPN. Now we get to see (albeit days later) extra football. Were was this when I wanted to watch Barry Sanders games and some of the Frisco teams in the 80's and 90's. What a grreat time to be alive!!

Rastak
04-24-2006, 01:40 PM

Another engagement!!!!!! I cleared my calander last May for this weekend.....it's the draft! Then again I'm one of those knuckheads who are still watching in round 7 half asleep.....

beakerman
04-24-2006, 01:53 PM
ah, would be nice if NFL network was on cable TV

MJZiggy
04-24-2006, 02:04 PM

Another engagement!!!!!! I cleared my calander last May for this weekend.....it's the draft! Then again I'm one of those knuckheads who are still watching in round 7 half asleep.....

This is what DVR's were invented for isn't it? I can fast-forward through all of the talking head nonsense and pick up where Tags comes to the podium. I'm not sure how much of it I'm going to miss anyway. We're just going over to Grandma's and it's rather likely to be on over there except that we're going out for a while in the middle. I just hope they can wait 'til after the 5th pick.

packrulz
04-24-2006, 03:46 PM
Anyone remember the 3-D freeze frame effect they were using on plays when the camera would start behind the QB, go past him to the defensive set, then go back to the QB & run the play? I don't see it much anymore but I love that shit. I guess it's very expensive because they have to circle the stadium with cameras pointed at the correct angle, but it must look awsome on a high def big screen.

GBRulz
04-24-2006, 04:41 PM
is the NFL Network exclusive to Direct TV?

I wish Time Warner cable would get it, too. They can drop one of the 10 shopping channels while they're at it!

SkinBasket
04-24-2006, 05:40 PM
I guess it's very expensive because they have to circle the stadium with cameras pointed at the correct angle, but it must look awsome on a high def big screen.

Actually it looked like crap. Those cameras weren't HD cameras and indeed, seemed to be of about the same quality as your local cable access show, especially when they "zoomed" the image. So don't worry, you weren't missing anything.

MJZiggy
04-24-2006, 05:58 PM
Are those the ones that swung all over the place from looking down on the formation and then from behind the play? Those made me a little nauseous.

packrulz
04-24-2006, 06:37 PM
I guess it's very expensive because they have to circle the stadium with cameras pointed at the correct angle, but it must look awsome on a high def big screen.

Actually it looked like crap. Those cameras weren't HD cameras and indeed, seemed to be of about the same quality as your local cable access show, especially when they "zoomed" the image. So don't worry, you weren't missing anything.

Really? In my trailer house on my 13" TV it looked awsome! I'm just kidding skin but I really thought it was cool. Similar to Madden. Maybe they can perfect it? They use the camera on cables too.

MJZiggy
04-24-2006, 08:37 PM
I might have gotten caught on one of those and still can't face looking at the DVD of the Baltimore game to find out.

BooHoo
04-24-2006, 08:39 PM
I do not have the NFL Network. :sad:

b bulldog
04-24-2006, 09:52 PM
Charter Comm doesn't even offer the NFL channel where I live :cry:

GBRulz
04-25-2006, 08:38 AM
I went on this site to find out where NFL Network is available and it looks like it's only through Direct TV, along with Comcast Cable in a few markets. I only checked a few markets though, so I might be wrong.

http://nfl.viewerlink.tv/

MJZiggy
04-25-2006, 08:48 AM
So then this is the one advantage out of market people have--in that we have to have DirecTV if we want the games so we get the NFL channel as well? Well that and the weather.

Scott Campbell
04-25-2006, 08:52 AM
So then this is the one advantage out of market people have--in that we have to have DirecTV if we want the games so we get the NFL channel as well? Well that and the weather.

Don't forget property taxes. And a lack of mosquitos.

MJZiggy
04-25-2006, 09:36 AM
No, we have plenty of taxes and mosquitoes here too. Perhaps I moved in the wrong direction!!

Chubbyhubby
04-25-2006, 09:54 AM

I wish Time Warner cable would get it, too. They can drop one of the 10 shopping channels while they're at it!

No... I live in IL and I have Comcast Digital Cable they have it. It's a pay service like NBA TV. I think it's like 185 dollars a season.

Rastak
04-25-2006, 09:59 AM

No... I live in IL and I have Comcast Digital Cable they have it. It's a pay service like NBA TV. I think it's like 185 dollars a season.

I have it and it's just part of the sports package on digital comcast cable.

No Mo Moss
04-25-2006, 03:02 PM
You'd think the powers that be at time warner would forsee a loss of customer base with the nations biggest game not being televised on their cable. Of course these are the same powers that be that bought AOL so I guess that says it all right there.

theeaterofshades
04-25-2006, 09:42 PM
TW cable also won't negotiate with Fox 11 in GB so we can get friggin Packers games in HD. I am still pissed! The satellite Cos. came to an agreement, but apparently TW wants to not pay for Fox 11, yet charge us for it. Something Fox 11 has some issues with apparently