PDA

View Full Version : Favre to have surgery

Brando19
02-14-2007, 10:05 AM
Quarterback Brett Favre will travel to Green Bay sometime in the next couple weeks to undergo surgery to remove bone spurs in his left ankle that have been bothering him for several years, said a source familiar with the situation.

I hope this relieves his pain and doesn't affect his mobility.

esoxx
02-14-2007, 10:08 AM
That's good news. It should improve his mobility if anything.

red
02-14-2007, 10:20 AM
good

this should do nothing but help him

BF4MVP
02-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Removing bone spurs? Sounds good to me..There's no reason he should have to play through that, when it can be fixed so easily.

billy_oliver880
02-14-2007, 10:41 AM
Quarterback Brett Favre will travel to Green Bay sometime in the next couple weeks to undergo surgery to remove bone spurs in his left ankle that have been bothering him for several years, said a source familiar with the situation.

I hope this relieves his pain and doesn't affect his mobility.

If this is the most played out bit of news of the off season for Brett Favre then this is a good thing.

ND72
02-14-2007, 10:43 AM
I'll say this again...it's bone spurs. Buddy of mine in high school had the same surgery done on a monday, and played in our game on a friday. it's like a 30 minute surgery. I don't even know why it's national news, it's nothing.

SudsMcBucky
02-14-2007, 10:44 AM
Could this be an indication he's thinking about playing beyond this year, too?

MJZiggy
02-14-2007, 11:06 AM
I think it's an indication that his ankle hurts...

(and that his wife finally bugged him into getting it done)

MadtownPacker
02-14-2007, 01:21 PM
Could this be an indication he's thinking about playing beyond this year, too?I am taking it that way.

BooHoo
02-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Ya, I read it means two or three more years!

Okay, wishful thinking. :)

woodbuck27
02-15-2007, 10:00 AM
Could this be an indication he's thinking about playing beyond this year, too?

To give his best to the Packers, Favre needed to get this done ASAP.

I don't believe that getting this operation performed will necessarily signal two or more seasons.

Favre will as he's been doing, assess the prospectus of another season based on his personal merits and beliefs for returning.

Fosco33
02-16-2007, 05:07 PM
I think this is a good thing overall. But remember, Favre had a seizure during a surgery once before - and then he got hooked on the pills. You know the guy can handle pain - but those things are in the back of his mind.

I hope it goes well and he recovers well.

MJZiggy
02-16-2007, 05:13 PM
It's an ankle. He can get an epidural block (not just for babies anymore) and won't have to be put under. As to the pain, he will be fine. It will likely hurt less than playing a football game day in and day out on bone spurs...

Fosco33
02-16-2007, 05:25 PM
It's an ankle. He can get an epidural block (not just for babies anymore) and won't have to be put under. As to the pain, he will be fine. It will likely hurt less than playing a football game day in and day out on bone spurs...

Well, it was just an ankle scope when he had the seizure. I'm not sure if that was a result of the Vicodin and anaethesia or something else. It was also the same ankle as 11 years ago and the same procedure (bone chips/spur).

I agree - it's not a complicated surgery and it'll be fine. I was just pointing out that he put this off for over 6 weeks - contemplating surgery and retirement. Who knows if that is part of it? He's needed it for a few years now.