PDA

View Full Version : FYI: TT press conference to begin at 12:30

Pack0514
04-24-2006, 12:23 PM
http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/packers/live/packerslive.rm&proto=rtsp&rbnkey=1

ND72
04-24-2006, 12:36 PM
that link didn't work for me, so what does it say (summary)?

Pack0514
04-24-2006, 12:41 PM
it still going on.

http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2006/04/21/1/

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2006, 12:48 PM
Can anyone inform us with what the man is saying. Should we care?

MJZiggy
04-24-2006, 12:59 PM
It's now official. My computer hates TT more than Tank does. I'll give odds that ESPN twists his comment on BF to say that he's retiring. I didn't catch much of what he said, but I did get the comment where he said that there will come a day when Brett will hang it up (and no he wasn't meaning nexxt Tuesday). I did catch ...free agency...it's a very useful tool to fill some holes that you might have...two way street...were serious with LaVar...in the end he wanted to be closer to his hometown and to play a certain team twice a...Javon is well-liked here. I think we'd take him back...can't speak for him...presumptuous....thank you.

Anyone else get more?

Pack0514
04-24-2006, 01:00 PM
Nothing new..... blah, blah, blah.... best player available..... will listen to all teams regarding possible trades..... blah, blah, blah, will not comment on specific players in the draft........ Javon Walker is a great player and would love to have him back..... TT is sticking to his original statement regarding JW..... no news from Favre..... TT is sure this will resolve itself soon. Blah, Blah, Blah.... will let the draft come to him.....

Nothing new, same old shit just regurgitated.

MJZiggy
04-24-2006, 01:02 PM
What would you guys have asked if you were sitting in that room?

Guiness
04-24-2006, 01:07 PM
What would you guys have asked if you were sitting in that room?

Nothing. He wouldn't have answered anyways.

If he'd made an announcement, I would've asked questions pertaining to it. Anything else (ok, except maybe what happened with Arrington) is old news, and he's said all he's going to about it.

ND72
04-24-2006, 01:09 PM
Can you take the cork out of your A$$ and tell us somethings about the top 5 guys you like or don't like. just SOMETHING.

Rastak
04-24-2006, 01:37 PM
Can you take the cork out of your A$$ and tell us somethings about the top 5 guys you like or don't like. just SOMETHING.

I gotta defend TT on this one....no team wants to leak any information out about it's draft board or tip it's hand by commenting on players.

The Vikings (who I think are going way overboard) are limiting the final draft board to 4 people, keeping no computer copies and may even release a few fake copies to see if they get leaked.....aye yi yi....this isn't nuclear secrets...sheesh...still I understand why TT would keep his yap shut, not that he ever does anything else.

ND72
04-24-2006, 01:40 PM
i understand that...at fan fest he talked about Mario Williams, AJ Hawk, and Vince Young. I wouldn't even care if he had just talked a little about ALL of the guys...just would have been nice to have an idea about somethign this week. this is really he most blind i've felt going into a draft.

MJZiggy
04-24-2006, 01:59 PM
I might have asked him about the story that was out a few days ago that suggested that there was a certain amount of infighting among the "big egos" that we supposedly have on this team.

I might also ask him if he ever reads or pays attention to what is said about him in the press regarding his philosophy regarding draft and FA signings, though he could have defended a dissertation on that very topic for as much of that conference as I was able to understand.

Chester Marcol
04-24-2006, 02:04 PM
What is his favorite flavor of ice cream. Sure it's not very informative, but I'd feel better than most of the question askers cuz chances are he'd answer mine.

MJZiggy
04-24-2006, 02:08 PM
You can glean more knowledge than you think from a man's preference is frozen confections...hmmm...hungry. I have a little mocha latte in my freezer...

RashanGary
04-24-2006, 02:23 PM
I might have asked him about the story that was out a few days ago that suggested that there was a certain amount of infighting among the "big egos" that we supposedly have on this team.

I might also ask him if he ever reads or pays attention to what is said about him in the press regarding his philosophy regarding draft and FA signings, though he could have defended a dissertation on that very topic for as much of that conference as I was able to understand.

He defended it a little Ziggy. A reporter kind of asked a side ways question about him not spending money and he just said it appears there is a little misunderstanding in people view his FA mentality. He said he considers if the player is worth the money. If the player is not worth the paycheck he is not going to spend money just to spend it.

Someone here said if you want a new car do you go and pay 30,000 when you know it's only worth 25? He has a max budget just like us so spending freely and stupidly only takes away from other parts of the team.

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2006, 03:04 PM
Someone here said if you want a new car do you go and pay 30,000 when you know it's only worth 25? He has a max budget just like us so spending freely and stupidly only takes away from other parts of the team.

I would if I didn't have a car (LB) or if I had a car that I knew had little mileage left in it. The alternative is to walk or take public transportation.

Rastak
04-24-2006, 03:07 PM

I would if I didn't have a car (LB) or if I had a car that I knew had little mileage left in it. The alternative is to walk or take public transportation.

Or if it's something you really want and you have 50 large in your pocket, paying 5 more than it is worth doesn't hurt at all. You just can't do it all the time.

MJZiggy
04-24-2006, 03:15 PM

I would if I didn't have a car (LB) or if I had a car that I knew had little mileage left in it. The alternative is to walk or take public transportation.Pittsburgh got pretty far riding "the Bus" (sorry--couldn't help it.)

GBRulz
04-24-2006, 04:52 PM

I would if I didn't have a car (LB) or if I had a car that I knew had little mileage left in it. The alternative is to walk or take public transportation.Pittsburgh got pretty far riding "the Bus" (sorry--couldn't help it.)

Insert cymbal crash sound here :mrgreen:

MJZiggy
04-24-2006, 04:56 PM
Serously, Harv, you could just buy a different car that was a better value--go to a different dealer and pay the list price and keep the other 5 grand for groceries or the electric bill or something silly like that.

(wouldn't it be embarrassing if the lights went out for MNF because they hadn't paid the electric bill!)

Joemailman
04-24-2006, 05:03 PM
Did TT reveal his mock draft? :roll:

MJZiggy
04-24-2006, 05:22 PM
I don't know. My computer translated everything he said into Lilliputian.