PDA

View Full Version : So close to getting rid of Kurt Schottenheimer

Spaulding
02-15-2007, 10:13 AM
http://packers.scout.com/2/618869.html?refid=400&CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

Not sure how much truth to this story but if it's true, to think we were close to dumping this ass clown makes we want to cry in frustration. I just hope Lionel Washington sticks around long enough to take Kurt's place when we finally lose the dead weight.

What does Kurt have to do lose his job? Seems almost union-like in that he sucked in 2004 and sucked last year (albeit the defense played well the final four games against inferior offenses) and still hasn't been canned.

the_idle_threat
02-15-2007, 10:26 AM
One question that has dogged me: If Lionel Washington is that much better of a coach, why don't they see this and give him the job already?

Makes me wonder if either (a) Washington ain't that good of a coach either (a great player doesn't necessarily make a great coach), or (b) Schotty ain't the weak link like we all think he is (when his units have really been bad, it has been under questionable defensive coordinators who may have had questionable coverage schemes), or (c) Washington is clearly a better coach but there is a very regrettable old-boys network going on in titletown.

I'm not ready to rule out any of these possibilities, but (perhaps out of wishful thinking) I believe the answer isn't as simple as (c).