PDA

View Full Version : On my local TV station last night......

Jimx29
02-15-2007, 05:47 PM
This is whacked. Ya Have to watch the video of the truck flipping....you can almost see the guys eyes pop out :lol:

Power Lines Flip SUV Moments After 3 Students Escape

As our cameras rolled while crews tried to free those students from the jeep, things got even more dangerous. One Xcel worker got hurt.

After hours of sitting and waiting, stuck under power lines, it was time to get out. Rescue crews cut power to the power lines and crews casually walked up to the Jeep. But just as they were helping the last UW-Eau Claire freshman out, everything turned upside down, taking an Xcel worker with it.

Eau Claire Fire Battalion Chief, Rick Merryfield says, "the Jeep flipped, luckily none of the occupants inside were injured. The Xcel worker did hurt his shoulder from having a fall and our ambulance did transport him."

The Jeep was no match for the powerful powerlines.
Merryfield adds, "it's just an example of how much tension there is in those lines. The weight of the victims were what was weighing down the car. When the weight got out the car went up."

It all started around 4:30 Tuesday when investigators say a semi driver clippped some power lines in the Fazoli's parking lot. Ben Gibault, Fazoli's manager called police. Ben says, "we saw lights flicker and heard a couple bangs, we didn't know what was going on."

Rescue crews say the men inside the Jeep and the truck driver made the right move by not moving at all. Merryfield says, "if they would have stepped out they could have become a ground and could have beem electrocuted so it was very smart of all those people to stay inside all their vehicles." He added, "all occupants handled it very well."

That Xcel worker was taken to Sacred Heart for treatment. No one else was hurt

Linkage and video (http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/5811596.html)

Would you of done the right thing and stayed put? I don't think that would of crossed my mind http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v24/numbnutz/yahoo_adult/19.gif

oregonpackfan
02-15-2007, 10:26 PM
That video was shown way out here in Oregon. They did not list the city just the state of Wisconsin.

What a crazy scene!

Zool
02-16-2007, 07:43 AM
Heh, the street reporter der. She uh, has a bit of an accent der dontchaknow.

Badgepack
02-16-2007, 08:22 AM
Traffic sure gets messed up when the "Stop and Go" lights quit working.

Zool
02-16-2007, 08:24 AM
Traffic sure gets messed up when the "Stop and Go" lights quit working.HA. I was laughing about that one too. These are college students? Were the smokin in the jeep while they waited?