Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions
Minnesota Vikings
New York Giants
Dallas Cowboys
Kansas City Chiefs
Denver Broncos
St. Louis Rams

TOP HAT BONUS: AT RAMS GAME, I WILL SEND COMMENTARIES & PICS.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MadtownPacker
02-16-2007, 05:16 AM
I said 8-8 or 9-7 last season so I say they win 1-2 games more and make the playoffs.

Of course getting Moss woudl change my prediction to something wildly homeristic.

mmmdk
02-16-2007, 05:42 AM
The schedule is way tougher and I predict 7-9 with players Packers have now but, but, but free agency and a grade B+ to A+ draft changes everything.
Also, key young players must improve and a vet like Favre has to be at his best. If these, rather plausible improvements, do happen I'd say a 10, maybe 11 win season is possible. But as of now; it's a 7-9 season. Oh and injuries is a factor too but that's where depth should help 'cos injuries are part of the game.

wist43
02-16-2007, 07:14 AM
Tougher schedule... they could very well be better, and end up with a worse record.

The NFC is an embarrassing conference, and the NFC North is an embarrassing division - even with those advantages, they're still not going anywhere.

The upcoming season is all about Brett Favre and his chasing records... it should be fun to watch.

Scott Campbell
02-16-2007, 08:17 AM
Ted's in his 3rd year. MM's in his second. I don't care about the reality of the roster situation, because I'm tired of missing the playoffs and playing second fiddle to the stinking Bears.

Win the division, or I'll be pissed.

Packnut
02-16-2007, 09:48 AM
Ted's in his 3rd year. MM's in his second. I don't care about the reality of the roster situation, because I'm tired of missing the playoffs and playing second fiddle to the stinking Bears.

Win the division, or I'll be pissed.

Yep, the time for excuses is over.

GBRulz
02-16-2007, 09:54 AM
I see TT really stepping it up this year, so I am going to say that we win a couple more games, even with the tougher schedule.

John Jones takes over as CEO and if he sees TT going nowhere with this team, I have a feeling he may want to clean house again if there is not continual improvement.

HarveyWallbangers
02-16-2007, 10:02 AM
I think they have a shot at the playoffs with a good offseason, but I could just as easily see them be better and finish about the same as this year. The schedule is really tough, and I'm not sure they are quite there yet. With one more good draft, they'll have supplemented their roster with good, young players. Thompson's first draft wasn't great, so that hurt. It didn't help that Murphy got injured and likely didn't help that Rodgers fell to us. If those two things don't happen, we likely have two more good young starters on the roster. (Well, Murphy would have been at least a good third WR, and we wouldn't have to be looking for one this offseason.)

Packnut
02-16-2007, 10:06 AM
I think it's a tad early for making any serious prediction. Gotta see how TT does in FA. This team as it stands right now would not make the play-offs this upcoming season.

FritzDontBlitz
02-16-2007, 10:40 AM
if the defense continues to play as well as they did the last 4 games of 2006 i see them winning at least three more games next year, putting them at 11-5.

wist43
02-16-2007, 11:13 AM
if the defense continues to play as well as they did the last 4 games of 2006 i see them winning at least three more games next year, putting them at 11-5.

If the defense got to play 16 games against Detroit, a Tavarus Jackson QB'd Minnesota team, and a Chicago team that mailed it in... I could see them going 14-2.

Too bad they have to actually play teams that have decent offenses.

ND72
02-16-2007, 01:08 PM
I don't agree with the wording put behind the records. if the Packers go 7-9 next year, did they really regress? TOUGH schedule, still building team? I will honestly take 7-9 next year, and consider it pretty darn good. I still think we're 2 seasons away from being playoff material.

Packnut
02-16-2007, 01:22 PM
I don't agree with the wording put behind the records. if the Packers go 7-9 next year, did they really regress? TOUGH schedule, still building team? I will honestly take 7-9 next year, and consider it pretty darn good. I still think we're 2 seasons away from being playoff material.

If they go 7-9, hell yes they regressed! We're not in the AFC, we're in the anything can happen talent lite NFC. TT has the money to make a few moves. He's turned over the roster and all the young guys now have some experience and know what to expect. Anything less than a play-off spot is a failure by both TT and MM.

SkinBasket
02-16-2007, 01:23 PM
10-6. Matching 5-3 Home and Road records.

Packnut
02-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Let's also not forget that #4 is at QB not Mr Rodgers. Just give the guy some damn help and he'll take us to a wild card spot.

ND72
02-16-2007, 01:27 PM

If they go 7-9, hell yes they regressed! We're not in the AFC, we're in the anything can happen talent lite NFC. TT has the money to make a few moves. He's turned over the roster and all the young guys now have some experience and know what to expect. Anything less than a play-off spot is a failure by both TT and MM.

couldn't disagree more. If we finish 5-1 in division again, of which, EH...never know, we usually play like crap @ Detroit and Minny. we then probably Oakland and Washington...but after that. I could honesty see us losing to everyone else. Hate to be the "hater" here...but lets not think we're that good after going 8-8, winning our last 4 games against San Fran, Detroit, Minny, and Chicago. we beat 1 team with a winning record. I said last year that Miami was overrated because of their easy end of the year, and I honestly feel the same about GB right now. We'd have to have a more than solid draft, and pick up at least 1 starter in free agency, of which, I donno if we'll do that.

swede
02-16-2007, 01:34 PM
I picked 9-7 as just an early stab.

I'm wondering, though...

If we look really good pounding down the stretch next season would Favre come back again again if he were excited about the team's future?

In other words, with his name getting written behind most modern QB records already following the 2007 season, how much does one last shot at another Super Bowl mean to Brett?

Enough to saddle up one last last time again?

Ah well, let's see what FA and the draft bring first.

Packnut
02-16-2007, 01:46 PM

couldn't disagree more. If we finish 5-1 in division again, of which, EH...never know, we usually play like crap @ Detroit and Minny. we then probably Oakland and Washington...but after that. I could honesty see us losing to everyone else. Hate to be the "hater" here...but lets not think we're that good after going 8-8, winning our last 4 games against San Fran, Detroit, Minny, and Chicago. we beat 1 team with a winning record. I said last year that Miami was overrated because of their easy end of the year, and I honestly feel the same about GB right now. We'd have to have a more than solid draft, and pick up at least 1 starter in free agency, of which, I donno if we'll do that.

With 25 mill in cap space, there is no reason on this earth why TT can't pick up one starter and add a little bit of depth. If you expect pretty much the same team that finished 2006 to be out there in 2007, then I would agree 100% with you, but there would be no excuse for that to happen.

Also, IF Thompson is evaluating talent as good as most here claim then is'nt it reasonable that our offensive line should take a huge step forward? This in turn would scrap the max protect need and allow Favre more targets in the pass patterns. This in turn will take advantage of one of Favre's strength's which is his progression reads.

As far as our division goes, I do expect 5-1 again. The Vikes still have no QB. The Lions are well the Lions. We can get a split with Chicago with a little bit of luck. So out of the rest of the schedule, we need 4 wins for a wild card spot. It's do-able.

Packnut
02-16-2007, 01:49 PM
I picked 9-7 as just an early stab.

I'm wondering, though...

If we look really good pounding down the stretch next season would Favre come back again again if he were excited about the team's future?

In other words, with his name getting written behind most modern QB records already following the 2007 season, how much does one last shot at another Super Bowl mean to Brett?

Enough to saddle up one last last time again?

Ah well, let's see what FA and the draft bring first.

I think he comes back for 1 more year IF we make the play-offs and don't get embarrassed in that play-off game.

Charles Woodson
02-16-2007, 02:40 PM
Home:
Chicago BearsW
Detroit Lions W
Minnesota VikingsW
Philadelphia EaglesL
Washington RedskinsW
Oakland Raiders W
San Diego ChargersL
Carolina Panthers L

Away:
Chicago Bears L
Detroit Lions W
Minnesota VikingsW
New York Giants W
Dallas Cowboys L
Kansas City ChiefsW
Denver Broncos L
St. Louis Rams W

I say 10-6

LL2
02-16-2007, 03:03 PM
Tougher schedule... they could very well be better, and end up with a worse record.

The NFC is an embarrassing conference, and the NFC North is an embarrassing division - even with those advantages, they're still not going anywhere.

The upcoming season is all about Brett Favre and his chasing records... it should be fun to watch.

Would you ever say they are going anywhere? I know you abstain from Kool-aid of any flavor but things are starting to look positive for next year.

TopHat
02-16-2007, 04:58 PM
PACKER FANS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO VOTE AND DETAIL YOUR VIEW.

MJZiggy
02-16-2007, 05:08 PM
I voted 10-6 again. I voted 10-6 last year but they fell two games short. I think a year together behind them and any additions or corrections that are made this offseason will only make them a stronger team and more likely to reach this goal. Look what happens when the defense gets their heads in the game and works together as a unit.

b bulldog
02-16-2007, 05:25 PM
8-8

The Shadow
02-16-2007, 05:34 PM
It's a growing process.
The Packers will continue to improve, but another year will be needed for the maturation nec. for true contender status.
09 will be the time for joy.

wist43
02-16-2007, 06:43 PM

Would you ever say they are going anywhere? I know you abstain from Kool-aid of any flavor but things are starting to look positive for next year.

If Favre returns next year, and if TT has a kick ass draft both this year and next, and they have a productive FA off season this year and next - then I might conclude they could have a chance in '08.

This year, Favre returning can make them somewhat competetive in the weak NFC, but they still have a lot holes and shortcomings.

Without getting into schemes (which you know I hate), the interior of the OL is still very raw - forcing MM to max protect on just about every 5 or 7 step drop, just to keep Favre alive back there; they lack depth just about everywhere; their special teams are atrocious; and while they have some nice players springled throughout the roster, they only have one difference maker, and that's Brett Favre.

If Favre hangs 'em up after this season, it's all over until they find another HOF/All Pro calibur QB... b/c as I've been saying, the offensive system is completely QB dependent, and the defensive scheme they run can never be dominant.

If all of the above mentioned positives come thru going into the '08 season... then maybe I'll reach for some Kool Aid. :)

wist43
02-16-2007, 06:45 PM
It's a growing process.
The Packers will continue to improve, but another year will be needed for the maturation nec. for true contender status.
09 will be the time for joy.

Not unless they find a replacement for Favre, or he continues to play into '09...

Personally, I wish he would never retire - youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.

oregonpackfan
02-16-2007, 07:06 PM
I predict 9-7.

Much of the Packers' success will depend on getting another quality WR(No, I still don't want Randy Moss) and Running back.

The OL will be more experienced and improved. This will help both the running and passing game.

The defense will become stronger with the first defensive coordinator who has repeated for two years in a row.

TopHat
02-16-2007, 08:27 PM
I predict 9-7.

Much of the Packers' success will depend on getting another quality WR(No, I still don't want Randy Moss) and Running back.

The OL will be more experienced and improved. This will help both the running and passing game.

The defense will become stronger with the first defensive coordinator who has repeated for two years in a row.

TOP HAT: A DEEP VERTICAL & RED ZONE THREAT WR, PROBABLY BY DRAFT

TopHat
02-16-2007, 11:44 PM
ANOTHER POLL'S RESULTS [SO FAR]:

10-6 Or Better (Breakout season) 47%

9-6 (Playoff appearence via Wildcard) 39%

8-8 (Miss playoffs) 5%

7-9 Or Worse (Regress) 9%

TopHat
02-17-2007, 04:16 AM
EDITING.

8) 8)

]{ilr]3
02-17-2007, 08:30 AM
Who knows what 2007 will bring. There were 3 games that were basically won and I am still trying to grasp how we lost them this year to the Bills, Saints and Rams. On the flip side we just barely pulled one out against the Lions though. And who thought at the begining of the year that the Saints and the Jets would have been play off contenders? I dont know what happened at the Philly game, I thought we matched up well to them and at the begining I would have thought the Cardnials were going to be tougher than they were as well.

I see the Eagle, Chargers, Cowboys and Chiefs being worse teams next year and beatable. Who the hell knows what will happen in Carolina? We could win alot of games next year, or things could turn out to be damn interesting like they did this year :shock:

TopHat
02-17-2007, 12:03 PM
PACKER FANS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO VOTE AND DETAIL YOUR VIEW.

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

TopHat
02-17-2007, 01:40 PM
ANOTHER POLL'S RESULTS [SO FAR]:

10-6 Or Better (Breakout season) 47%

9-6 (Playoff appearence via Wildcard) 39%

8-8 (Miss playoffs) 5%

7-9 Or Worse (Regress) 9%

TOP HAT: A LITTLE LESS OPTIMISTIC PACKER FANS' RESULTS.

TennesseePackerBacker
02-17-2007, 03:26 PM
10-6 barring big injuries, honestly I'm usually a Packer-pessimist, but I feel they can have a good free agency and will land an immediate starter at pick 16.

TopHat
02-17-2007, 04:35 PM
10-6 barring big injuries, honestly I'm usually a Packer-pessimist, but I feel they can have a good free agency and will land an immediate starter at pick 16.

TOP HAT: THANKS, FANS. VOTING TOTALS BECOMING GOOD SAMPLE.

TopHat
02-18-2007, 01:42 AM

TOP HAT: LL2, GOOD AVATAR.

TopHat
02-18-2007, 09:06 AM
TOP HAT: THANKS, FANS. VOTING BECOMING GOOD SAMPLE.

RashanGary
02-18-2007, 02:07 PM
I think AJ Hawk is going to show up as a consistant play maker and I think we're going to get at least one more big piece at either Safety, RB or DE in the draft or FA.

Other than that, I don't think there is enough emphasis put on the Oline in circles that discuss the NFL. I believe that the Oline is very important and ours taking a huge step forward would make even out the tougher schedule.

9-7

TopHat
02-18-2007, 03:39 PM

TopHat
02-18-2007, 06:16 PM

RashanGary
02-18-2007, 08:23 PM
I'll be you're an Engineer TopHat.

TopHat
02-19-2007, 10:14 AM
I'll be you're an Engineer TopHat.

TOP HAT: THANKS, FANS. VOTING & VIEWS BECOMING GOOD PACKER NATION SAMPLE.

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

woodbuck27
02-19-2007, 12:50 PM
Given the more difficult schedule and the team we have now we would be fortunate to win 6 games.

This will change if Teds Thompson's BOSS's, inform him :) that it's time we make the playoffs. It's time for Ted Thompson to step it up.

I have no way of predicting that will 'in fact' be the case.

SD GB fan
02-19-2007, 01:09 PM
Given the more difficult schedule and the team we have now we would be fortunate to win 6 games.

This will change if Teds Thompson's BOSS's, inform him :) that it's time we make the playoffs. It's time for Ted Thompson to step it up.

actually, shudnt TT and MM be telling their players to step it up? our team is young and if the players continue to mature like jennings, oline, hawk, collins, blackmon as well as the new rookies this year, then we have a shot at the playoffs next season.

woodbuck27
02-19-2007, 01:54 PM

actually, shudnt TT and MM be telling their players to step it up? our team is young and if the players continue to mature like jennings, oline, hawk, collins, blackmon as well as the new rookies this year, then we have a shot at the playoffs next season.

YES !

That's a fair rebuttal and certainly a large part of the big picture. :)

TopHat
02-19-2007, 03:05 PM
TOP HAT: BOTH RIGHT.

TopHat
02-19-2007, 05:20 PM
EDITING.

TopHat
02-20-2007, 12:04 AM
ESPN highlighted the Packers:

1. Packers deserved a "B" grade for their performance last year.

2. Biggest question mark is our defense. We need better run defense, and especially better safety play.

3. One analyst said we could win the North next year, while the other said we won't even make the playoffs stating we lack a consistent running threat.

Projected first 2 rounds in draft:

First pick: Marshawn Lynch, RB, Cal, the "perfect fit."

Second pick: Robert Meacham, WR, Tennessee, the perfect big play fit.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

TopHat
02-20-2007, 02:58 PM
TOP HAT: THANKS, FANS. VOTING & VIEWS BECOMING GOOD PACKER NATION SAMPLE.

Packnut
02-20-2007, 03:10 PM

2. Biggest question mark is our defense. We need better run defense, and especially better safety play.

3. One analyst said we could win the North next year, while the other said we won't even make the playoffs stating we lack a consistent running threat.

I would NEVER say another bad word about TT if he gets these 2 guys!

Charles Woodson
02-20-2007, 03:25 PM

I would NEVER say another bad word about TT if he gets these 2 guys!

I would be plenty happy with this draft, the odds arent likely but that would be amazing

BallHawk
02-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Very unlikely that Meacham lasts until 46. He may go late first round, even.

TopHat
02-20-2007, 04:18 PM

SORRY GUYS, MEACHAM HAS "WHOOPS" REPUTATION...PACK BETTER OFF WITH RICE OR BOWE, BIG PLAY AND RED ZONE ROOKIE WRS, IF THE CHOICE IS AVAILABLE FROM THEM.

Robert Meacham Wide Receiver
School: Tennessee
Height: 6′3″
Weight: 210
Projected Round: 1st-2nd

Positives:

Total package at wide receiver
Tall and strong
Has strength to overpower corners
Intermediate and red zone threat
Good quickness and can make plays once the ball is in his hand

Negatives:

Only one successful year at college so it might have been a fluke
Has problems dropping passes
Has problems believing in his own ability

Charles Woodson
02-20-2007, 04:21 PM

SORRY GUYS, MEACHAM HAS "WHOOPS" REPUTATION...PACK BETTER OFF WITH RICE OR BOWE, BIG PLAY AND RED ZONE ROOKIE WRS, IF THE CHOICE IS AVAILABLE FROM THEM.

Personally id rather trade down in the first and take Sidney Rice. Then in the secound take Zach miller

But thats providing that Landry and Nelson are gone. Those are my top 2 picks

packers11
02-20-2007, 04:43 PM
10-6 ... Make playoffs...

BallHawk
02-20-2007, 04:46 PM
If I had a choice of any WR it would be Bowe. I wouldn't mind Rice, but he catches to often with his body and not his hands, so that concerns me.

On regards to our record I'm gonna say 10-6.

I'm a homer

http://www.malaspina.com/jpg/homer.jpg

Creepy
02-21-2007, 08:40 AM
Lets take a serious look at who Gb plays.

Bears - went 1-1 with them last year. Grossman has bad game and then states he didn't prepare. BS! GB outplayed their starters on both sides. It may not have been an improtantgame but you don't getthat spanked when your a good team. I say Gb can win both games, just error free football. Even the first game GB moved into Bear territory quiet a few times, but stupid mistakes cost the game. I say GB wins both this year, but to be merciful we'll say they split. so Gb is 1-1.

Vikings - Need alot of improvement and GB can still beat them, so I see 2 wins here. Gb is 3-1

Lions - Millen still GM, enough said. GB 5-1

Against AFC WEst teams.
Chargers - If not in Gb in December then I think GB will lose. If in GB in December they have a chnce. GB 5-2

Raiders - December or September, GB wins. GB 6-2.

Chiefs - GB cab beat them as they have no outside receivers. Will be able to double up on Gomzales and Johnson is a north south runner, GB LBs should be able to conatin him. GB win and now 7-2.

Broncos - Seem to fall apart each year. Depending on how well Cutler deveops is how good this team is. For frst time Broncos running game faltered. GB can beat the Bronocs. GB 8-2.

NFC East:
Redskins asre a lot hardre than they look but Gb can beat them. GB 9-2.

Cowboys in Dallas - Dont' know why, but Gb chokes in dallas so here is a loss. 9-3.

Giants - Defense is old and getting older. No Tikki Barber and Eli not as good as they wouldlike. GB wins. GB 10-3.

Eagles - Don't know why, but eagles eem to own GB even thoiugh they play them tough. Eagles winn. GB 10-4.

Next up are Panthers, who have one WR, and I think harris & Woodson will be able to take care of that. GB wins 11-4.

Rams - Can't seem to beat this team so will give them the win. GB 11-5.

My guess is 11-5, but depending on the other teams development I can see GB finishing 9-7. I think this team has a better attitude going into next year.

GB may have had an easier schedule at the end of last year, but they did something at the end they haven't done in many years. They came from behind in the second half and also won when Brett had bad games. The Lions and Vikings were bad games for Brett, but the defense didn't lose it. Instead they held on an GB won. No longer did the players hang there heads when Brett fumbled or threw an int. They didn't fall apart just because Favre and the offense gave up a turnover or didn't play well. The defsne pitched a shut out against the VIKes (TD was an int return). Thisis what got Brett excited about coming back.

This gave Brett more confidence. I think next year the offense will improve as Brett will not see that it all falls to him to win. ithink they keep his ints down and the offense gets better. The defense is in good shape as long as there are no major injuries. I feel the safety play willimprove and this will be a legitimate top ten defense next year.

Some of the teams GB plays are getting old and you will see some drop off in talent and play.

Eagles, Giants, Chiefs, and Vikings old have old defensive teams. Could easily see a drop off in play and if left on field too long can tire easily.

Raiders, Redskins, Lions, and Vikings are teams in transition. They have old players in key defensive or offensive posiitons and just too many holes to fill in one off-season.

Cowboys, Panthers, and Chiefs are teams with old offensive players. The Cowboys OL is old and their WR are getting older, the Pantehsr have one offensive threat (Smith) and this offense is also old. Chiefs Ol is old and after losing Rolfe are now losing another Tackle. Only real receivingthreat is Gonzales and the QB siutation doesn't look all that good.

So my final prediction is 10-6 (difference between 9-7 & 11-5).

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-21-2007, 09:52 AM
In this weak ass NFC were going 12-4. 8)

Partial
02-21-2007, 11:34 AM
4-12

TopHat
02-21-2007, 12:22 PM
UPDATE.

TopHat
02-22-2007, 12:05 AM
TOP HAT: THANKS, FANS. VOTING & VIEWS BECOMING GOOD PACK NATION SAMPLE.

TopHat
02-23-2007, 06:52 PM
TOP HAT: THANKS, FANS. VOTING & VIEWS BECOMING GOOD PACK NATION SAMPLE