PDA

View Full Version : PR Outsider - Offseason Rant: Randy Moss

MadtownPacker
02-16-2007, 05:18 AM
Check it out!! (http://www.packerrats.com)

Bretsky
02-16-2007, 07:52 AM
Great article ; nice job Merlin

GBRulz
02-16-2007, 09:20 AM
I don't care if he has Tom Brady throwing to him in Oakland. There are more underlying problems there than meets the public eye. So, IMO I don't think he isn't successful there because of the QB problem. I mean he had Culpepper who basically did nothing but toss the ball in the air and Moss came down with it.

We also have a coach here who will not tolerate some of the behavioral problems that Moss has had in the past. I see him here as a positive thing for the Packers.

Thanks for the good read, Merlin!

HarveyWallbangers
02-16-2007, 10:06 AM
I mean he had Culpepper who basically did nothing but toss the ball in the air and Moss came down with it.

I think this is underselling Culpepper quite a bit. He's way better than Brooks and Walter, and he was damn good for a few years. The thing with Culpepper is teams had to watch his feet. He also went to other guys. Wiggins caught like 70 balls. Carter had some big years too.

superfan
02-16-2007, 10:36 AM
Excellent article.

Moss definitely carries some character baggage, but he is different than the usual pro athlete with character issues. The impression I have of him is that he is not a hotshot, club hopping, Dennis Rodman type, but more of a loner who likes to keep to himself. He absolutely loves fishing. Green Bay could be a good fit for him -- quieter than the other bright lights big city venues around the league.

Brando19
02-16-2007, 02:46 PM
Hate to bust bubbles (my own included) but I found this on Foxsports:

Some fans are clamoring for the Packers to trade for Oakland wide receiver Randy Moss, who turned 30 this week and is presumed to be available. But there has been almost no internal discussion of Moss by the Packers.

gureski
02-16-2007, 02:57 PM
This article displays exactly what I was referring to in the Randy Moss thread when I said we, as Packer Fans, will damage our reputation if Moss comes to play for us.

You can't trash the hell out of a guy for years, including just last year, and then fall in love with him because he's coming your way. Not without damaging your credability. Moss coming to G.B. will make us look like a bunch of bandwagon clowns and this article kicks off the circus, in my opinion.

To make excuses for anything that has ever happened to Moss is exactly what will embarass Packer Fans. Sure, we all want win and we all want a star playmaker but at what price to our pride? I can see this more clearly then some because I actually defended Moss for several years now. While others were trashing him, I was in his corner pointing out how he gave to charity and spent time with kids. I could support Moss coming to G.B. but 95% of my fellow Packer Fans didn't have the same stance as I did for the past several years and therefore would have to do an about-face in order to support Moss.

Once you do that, you may as well flush the classy image of Packer fans right down the toilet. We will be no different then the fans south of the border.....the same fans we mock when they act this way.

the_idle_threat
02-17-2007, 11:05 PM
meh ... who cares what people think ... that shouldn't be a motivating factor at all. And even if it did matter, we lost all credibility on that front when Jim McMahon put on Green and Gold.

Either Moss is available cheap (i.e. for a very reasonable trade) and then might be worth the chance, or he's expensive, and is not worth it given his baggage and recent on-the-field history.

It's all about cost-benefit.

woodbuck27
02-19-2007, 11:31 AM
I am one of those with mixed emotions on whether or not Randy Moss will be a Packers, mostly because I don't want to get my hopes up. I see Randy Moss as an excellent fit for us. I don't care about the character issues related to Moss, as really, how severe are they given the past.

I read the rumors of the Packers getting Moss for a third round pick and player (slash) players included in the trade. That seems unbelievable to me, as I still believe that he can be a marquee player given the right circumstances.

I see those conditions in Green Bay.

I believe that Favre and Moss will light it up and take little away from Donald Driver. Favre and WR's Randy Moss and Donald Driver would give opposing defenses all sorts of fits. We would have the deep threat back with the speed, jumping ability and cunning route runing ability of Randy Moss. Randy Moss would offer a margin of freedom to Donald Driver that we havn't seen since Javon Walker was at his best for us.

I believe that at his age, Randy Moss needs a place like Green Bay to excel again in. I believe that if he has any modicum of professionalism remaining, that an opportunity on OUR team, one that appears on the rise, will inspire Randy Moss to contribute his past talents to OUR cause.

Then there's the reality check.

I read that other teams would offer a higher draft choice (option) to Al Davis for Moss, and I come back to earth. I wonder if Ted Thompson has the guts to go for it this season and acquire such a talent as Randy Moss?

If we are to grow as a team this season, given the appearance of a more difficulty of schedule Ted Thompson must stick his neck out there. Ted Thompson has to make some bold moves and realize that nothing ventured - nothing gained.

Ted Thompson doesn't live in a perfect world, because last time I checked, I don't.

I hope that Ted Thompson can pull the trigger and acquire Randy Moss.

GO PACKERS !

Merlin
02-28-2007, 03:05 PM
I don't care if he has Tom Brady throwing to him in Oakland. There are more underlying problems there than meets the public eye. So, IMO I don't think he isn't successful there because of the QB problem. I mean he had Culpepper who basically did nothing but toss the ball in the air and Moss came down with it.

We also have a coach here who will not tolerate some of the behavioral problems that Moss has had in the past. I see him here as a positive thing for the Packers.

Tom Brady? He would be a huge flop in Oakland. I can't even thik of a QB that would play well there, maybe Plummer?

Brando19
02-28-2007, 04:34 PM

Tom Brady? He would be a huge flop in Oakland. I can't even thik of a QB that would play well there, maybe Plummer?

I really really hope you're just joking. Tom Brady could throw better than Jake Plummer with his foot! Tom Brady would be a QB I'd like to see in Oakland just to see what he could do. I really believe he could make some things happen.