PDA

View Full Version : How excited are you about the draft?

Charles Woodson
04-24-2006, 04:12 PM
Will you even be watching it? Also as a poll question. What is your favorite part?

packrulz
04-24-2006, 04:24 PM
I'm stoked but from past drafts I've learned that lots of things can happen like A-Rod slipping last year. Most of all I hope TT can get 6 picks on the 1st day. I think if Mario/Fergy/or Hawk is there, in that order, take them, otherwise trade down. In a deep draft trading down is smart.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2006, 04:31 PM
This is my favorite time of the year, it also my most disappointing time of the year.

GBRulz
04-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Can I choose to prolong my decision on the tire slashing until after the draft? :lol:

Chubbyhubby
04-24-2006, 04:56 PM
I like the trades involvment during draft day it messes up all those mocks! TT has said today that he will likey keep the 5th pick. BTW Today is my Mom's Birtthday she turns 61!

MJZiggy
04-24-2006, 04:57 PM
Happy b-day Mom!!

Charles Woodson
04-24-2006, 04:58 PM
I like the trades involvment during draft day it messes up all those mocks! TT has said today that he will likey keep the 5th pick. BTW Today is my Mom's Birtthday she turns 61!

Haha. Tell her happy birthday from the Pack RAt crew

Joemailman
04-24-2006, 05:01 PM
My favorite part of this year's draft will be if TT takes Michael Huff. That way Tank will either have to shut the hell up or admit TT was right.

MJZiggy
04-24-2006, 05:03 PM
Yes, but then Bretsky will hang himself and innumerable TV's in Green Bay will wind up broken...

Charles Woodson
04-24-2006, 05:03 PM
O come on... I cant be the only one that wants to slash TT's tires :twisted:

ND72
04-24-2006, 06:25 PM
i watch every moment of the draft. by about the end of round 3 i don't know if i'm really all there, but yeah i watch it. i live for it. probably the best weekend of the year for me.

GBRulz
04-24-2006, 06:44 PM
I have a wedding to go to on Saturday. But I'm not one to sit and watch the entire draft anyhow. I usually watch the first round and of course, when the packers pick.

Bretsky
04-24-2006, 06:55 PM
i watch every moment of the draft. by about the end of round 3 i don't know if i'm really all there, but yeah i watch it. i live for it. probably the best weekend of the year for me.

When I was in college I had this little chair which seemed to be form fitted to my ass. It sat low to the ground. My roommate from NY had his sister over. At approximately 10:00AM she dropped by and went out with her brother. I was sitting in my chair on draft day in front of the TV with a whole load of Sam's Wholesale Cheetos and Mountain Dew. The Sister thought I was nuts; she thought I was insance when her and Eric came back 10 yrs later and I was still sitting in that chair with the cheetos and pop watching the whole first day.

I'll probably watch just about every second.

Last year I was on the JS forum the whole time; I think the draft analysis was definitely swayed negatively. And in general I think most of us were right on. This year I will not be quite as fanatical online; it was bad for my blood pressure. But I'll be watching the whole dang thing w/o a doubt.

MadtownPacker
04-24-2006, 07:53 PM
Happy BDay to Mamma!!

Yes I will be watching for the first couple of rounds and it will be alot less stressful then having to wait until the 20s to see who is the pick. I get the feeling TT will trade down unless Bush or Williams fall. Look for the raiders to get robbed for Young and TT to STILL get Hawk!

ND72
04-24-2006, 07:57 PM
Yeah this is our 4th annual Draft Day party....the first 2..um..i had one too many "root beers"...and last year my buddy decided he'd have about 20 jello shots by pick #5, and passed out right when the packers selected. so this year we're going to take it a bit more "easy" and pace ourselves.

jack's smirking revenge
04-24-2006, 08:49 PM
Sadly, I won't be watching. My band has a big gig at that exact time. In fact, I'm guessing the gig will start as the Pack is drafting. It's the first time I've missed the draft in, heck, I can't even remember (this year was the first time I've missed the Oscars too because of health problems with my girlfriend's children. Priorities...). Anyway, I love the draft. I love drafting in Madden football. There's so much potential before draft. Sadly, our picks often fail to live up to the hopes and dreams of a dominating draft. Here's to a great draft in 2006! Hope ya'lls chat it up this Saturday.

tyler

b bulldog
04-24-2006, 09:40 PM
Man, I wish I could sit in front of the TV this weekend and watch it but I need to head north and get stuff ready for the fishing opener. I'll have my radio on ESPN radio once I wake up and will be anxiously waiting for the Pack's pick. This way I can kill two birds....... so no matter what the pick, you won't hear from me till Sunday night. If Mario slides to 5, you may hear a shout of glee from miles and miles away.

Charles Woodson
04-24-2006, 09:43 PM
Man, I wish I could sit in front of the TV this weekend and watch it but I need to head north and get stuff ready for the fishing opener. I'll have my radio on ESPN radio once I wake up and will be anxiously waiting for the Pack's pick. This way I can kill two birds....... so no matter what the pick, you won't hear from me till Sunday night. If Mario slides to 5, you may hear a shout of glee from miles and miles away.

And if he slides past 5?

b bulldog
04-24-2006, 09:45 PM
No chance and if he does I'll stay away from here for a year!

Bretsky
04-24-2006, 09:51 PM

We will still remember you................Fergy Lover :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

b bulldog
04-24-2006, 09:52 PM
Don't worry, if he slides to 5, GB will BE ALL OVER HIM!

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2006, 10:50 PM
I would like to have a draft part. In fact the title of the offical draft thread of the Packerrats forum will be named, PackerRats Official Draft Day Party.

Joemailman
04-24-2006, 11:20 PM

We will still remember you................Fergy Lover :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Speaking of which...is BF4MVP on this forum?

Bretsky
04-24-2006, 11:33 PM

Speaking of which...is BF4MVP on this forum?

Yes he is, but he's written Fergy off and found another goat to cheer for...aka Aaron Rodgers. I hope he's right with AROD.

GBRulz
04-24-2006, 11:48 PM
wow, up to 5 tire slashers now. and NO I wasn't one of them...at least until after the draft :mrgreen:

Tarlam!
04-25-2006, 04:22 AM
I'm not a tire slasher!

I wish they broadcast the dang draft on German TV, but alas, I will be relying on this site. Plus, 10 a.m. eastern is already 5 pm here. But, I will be staying up as late as the missus let's me. (PC is in our bedroom/"home office")

Chester Marcol
04-25-2006, 08:59 AM
bedroom/"home office"

I knew a girl once who also used that reference.

Pack0514
04-25-2006, 09:17 AM
I will definately be watching the entire first day..... the second day will probably be just checking in through the net every hour or so. My wife would hand me divorce papers if I tried to sit infront of the TV for two days straight. Hell, maybe I'll tell her to go shopping on sunday.... I guess that will depend if I want her to max out the credit card.... she'd be good for that! :cry:

MJZiggy
04-25-2006, 09:37 AM
I'm not a tire slasher!

I wish they broadcast the dang draft on German TV, but alas, I will be relying on this site. Plus, 10 a.m. eastern is already 5 pm here. But, I will be staying up as late as the missus let's me. (PC is in our bedroom/"home office")Aren't they broadcasting on NFL network or ESPN.com or something?

FavreChild
04-25-2006, 10:32 AM
Heh, heh - guess which option I voted for?

Actually, my favorite part of this draft will be hanging out with Al all day and then coming here for some high comedy. It's inevitable that TT will do something...um...unexpected - and I expect to be entertained by the fallout.

mngolf19
04-25-2006, 12:40 PM
Best off-season day in all the sports world to me. A day in which every fan/team in NFL believes their fortunes can be turned around with one great draft or a few great players. The only league in which this is actually a possibility.

p.s Will definitely be checking in on draft day to provide more analysis from another perspective and to hopefully receive some as well. I'm following in the path laid down by Rastak.

FavreChild
04-25-2006, 01:53 PM
Loathe to admit this about any Viking fan, but rastak's not a bad guy to emulate. :wink:

mngolf19
04-25-2006, 02:25 PM
I know sometimes people on this board flip the "L.A. Vikings" stuff out there. But I know how that goes. Vikings and Packers are a rivalry and tradition that have been the basis of my football life. As much as Favre has killed me during games, I will hate to see him retire and hate to see any longterm lack of competitiveness between the teams.

And I'll try to keep the loathe factor down, FavreChild. :)

Rastak
04-25-2006, 02:30 PM
Loathe to admit this about any Viking fan, but rastak's not a bad guy to emulate. :wink:

Thanks! It is a great rivalry for sure. Draft day will be fun as usual.

BooHoo
04-25-2006, 02:39 PM
I plan to watch most of the first round and then check in from time to time to see who the pack draft.

Probably will check into Rats to hear all of you complain about TT and talk about slashing his tires. :smile:

Charles Woodson
04-25-2006, 04:27 PM
wow, up to 5 tire slashers now. and NO I wasn't one of them...at least until after the draft :mrgreen:

Haha. I was!!

MJZiggy
04-26-2006, 09:12 AM
I'm not a tire slasher!

I wish they broadcast the dang draft on German TV, but alas, I will be relying on this site. Plus, 10 a.m. eastern is already 5 pm here. But, I will be staying up as late as the missus let's me. (PC is in our bedroom/"home office")

http://profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Day/2006/coveragepromo.htm

Not continuous coverage, but will give you good info it appears.

Harlan Huckleby
04-26-2006, 01:25 PM

I think you mean immolate

Rastak
04-26-2006, 01:29 PM

I think you mean immolate

Hey man, there was a 'tard on JSO who actually had something like that in his sig......