PDA

View Full Version : ATL gives Vick vote of confidence... Schaub available?

Fosco33
02-16-2007, 05:10 PM
Recently, the Falcons have said that Vick is their starter and will remain so... now there are some rumors that backup QB - Matt Schaub - may want something more.

The Packers have some room to spend on the future. Maybe that means ditching Rodgers and grabbing Schaub?

Pure speculation but I like Schaub over Rodgers.

Who would mind stealing another starting QB from the Falcons? 8)

GoPackGo
02-16-2007, 05:18 PM

Matt Schaub is no Brett Favre so I say no

Fosco33
02-16-2007, 05:28 PM

True. But he's likely better than Rodgers. I wouldn't give up a 1st round pick or anything crazy like Wolf did... but it's something to consider.

Charles Woodson
02-16-2007, 05:31 PM

True. But he's likely better than Rodgers. I wouldn't give up a 1st round pick or anything crazy like Wolf did... but it's something to consider.

what about

Schaub for rodgers a 5th and Fergie

PackerPro42
02-16-2007, 07:34 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Schaub is a RFA and substantially older than Rodgers. I wouldn't want to give up any draft pick to get this guy, considering we already have Rodgers, who hasn't gotten a chance to prove himself yet. Why are all you guys so down on Rodgers?

red
02-16-2007, 08:13 PM
he is a RFA

and atlanta would be insane not to put the highest tag on him, they know theres a massive demand for him

that means we would have to give up a 1st and a 3rd for him. and he will be starting day 1 with any new team for that price. in green bay he would be on the bench for at least another year

i don't think theres anyway what-so-ever we go after him

BallHawk
02-16-2007, 08:34 PM

I think, since Favre, we're on the Falcon's blocked call list. :D

Brando19
02-16-2007, 10:03 PM
How old is Schaub?

the_idle_threat
02-17-2007, 02:42 AM
How old is Schaub?

from Yahoo Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6849):

Matt Schaub #8 | Quarterback | Atlanta Falcons Height: 6-5 Weight: 237
Born: Jun 25, 1981 - Pittsburgh, PA
College: Virginia
Draft: 2004 - 3rd round (27th pick) by the Atlanta Falcons

Schaub will be 26 this summer and is going into his 4th season. That's still a young pup for a Quarterback.

I agree with red ... Schaub's young enough and a hot enough commodity that some team will want to make him a starter on day 1. We won't have a chance to snag him for a backup/successor role.