PDA

View Full Version : Ahman

HarveyWallbangers
02-17-2007, 01:26 AM
Doubt it means much, but I found it interesting nonetheless. From FOX Sports:

Here's a strong sign that running back Ahman Green will re-sign with the team, perhaps before he would reach the open market as an unrestricted free agent:

Green, on Feb. 14, was added to the players' appearance list for the third annual Packers Fan Fest, which will be March 9 and 10 at Lambeau Field. Pro Bowl defensive end Aaron Kampman and middle linebacker Nick Barnett are the other marquee players who are committed for the sold-out event.

Head coach Mike McCarthy was vague in a recent interview with the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel about the team's intentions of bringing back Green, who needs only 46 yards to become Green Bay's all-time rushing leader.

"I hope he's here," McCarthy said. "Shoot, I don't know. Contract negotiations, I don't participate in, and I just get an update once in a while. I couldn't tell you one way or the other."

MadtownPacker
02-17-2007, 01:40 AM
I think it means alot.

Green showed he still has something left. He will never be the Ahman of 2003 again but he is still a good RB. Him, Morency, and a first day pick RB would set that position up nicely.

Then Thompson can get Moss.

ND72
02-17-2007, 09:18 AM
I don't think it means anything, last year, Kampman signed the night before Fan Fest and he was on the roster for Fan Fest...William Henderson was at Fan Fest and wasn't under contract. It also says, on Packers.com, "all appearences are scheduled to change".

Fritz
02-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Bring him back for a two year deal if you can get im to do it...then draft a guy to groom, and as Mad said you're good to go.

Brando19
02-17-2007, 10:51 AM
Barnett is also scheduled to appear. Does that mean anything as far as his contract negotiations?

GBRulz
02-17-2007, 10:51 AM
Tony Fisher was at Fan Fest, too and they didn't resign him. But I don't think TT has any intention of letting Green go. He'd be foolish. I think Green has another 2 solid years left in him, but getting a young back this year to develop and split time with him is crucial.

I am not convinced that Morency is the answer. I'd like to see us pick up a couple RB's in the draft and see what pans out.

Fritz
02-17-2007, 10:56 AM
Agrred. You do have the luxury of bringing in a more developmental guy - skilled but raw - if you re-sign Green.

GBRulz
02-17-2007, 10:57 AM
Speaking of Fan Fest, did you guys hear about the new procedure about autographs for this year? "Conveniently", they just announced it last week after they sold the tickets....but when you enter, you get 4 tickets with a player name and a time for you to go in line.

They are trying this procedure to cut down on the time people stand in line.

Ok, keep in mind that you are able to trade tickets with people, but let's say you can't find anyone and you get a player lineup like "10am, Taco Wallace, 3pm Atari Bigby, 5pm Ingle Martin, 6pm Robert Ferguson". Yeah, I'd most definitely be ticked off. Not only because none of those are my fav past or current players, but because I pretty much have to sit there all day long.

I've read a few other forums about this topic and people are basically pissed about it. I can't say that I blame them. If I want to wait 2 hours in line for my fav player, that should be my right.

PaCkFan_n_MD
02-17-2007, 10:59 AM
I was reading a article on packers.com about weeks ago and in the article they had a part were they quoted AG on some questions. When asked does he think our four game win streak at the end of the season is a good indication of how we will play next year, in his response all he kept saying was I he thinks WE will be a lot better and he can wait to play next season. I'll go try to find it.

But AG will be signed, he’s loyal and he’s not dumb. He knows at 30 he can’t get big money and he’s one of the first players I have ever seen that actually loves our team more than money. If you let a player like that go that wouldn’t make much sense.

FritzDontBlitz
02-17-2007, 01:09 PM
i want batman back too.

red
02-17-2007, 02:15 PM
Ok, keep in mind that you are able to trade tickets with people, but let's say you can't find anyone and you get a player lineup like "10am, Taco Wallace, 3pm Atari Bigby, 5pm Ingle Martin, 6pm Robert Ferguson". Yeah, I'd most definitely be ticked off. Not only because none of those are my fav past or current players, but because I pretty much have to sit there all day long.

see, heres your problem, you see this as a bad thing

i see it as the perfect tailgating opportunity, there a good 4 hours of quality drinking time between taco wallace and atari bigby

Fritz
02-18-2007, 08:36 AM
Atari Bigby - who wouldn't wait in line for that autograph?

The danger with Ferguson is that you might finally get your turn, and as he's in the middle of signing, someone could easily strip the pen away.

red
02-18-2007, 08:48 AM
Atari Bigby - who wouldn't wait in line for that autograph?

The danger with Ferguson is that you might finally get your turn, and as he's in the middle of signing, someone could easily strip the pen away.

or he could give your autograph to someone else

prsnfoto
02-19-2007, 09:04 AM
Fritz and red you sons a bitches I spit coffee on my laptop. :D

red
02-19-2007, 09:08 AM
:D

woodbuck27
02-19-2007, 12:40 PM
My best guess is that Ahman Green will resign with us, as that's what makes sence given his age.

He worked very hard last off season to get ready for us and given the severety of his injury and fact that OUR OL was inexperienced he did very well.

It's unlikely he'll go elsewhere but if he does there are options in FA.

the_idle_threat
02-20-2007, 10:01 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mraynrand
02-20-2007, 10:25 AM

I tried to get an autograph from Ferguson and he sprained his *ucking wrist signing it. Plus, it took him longer to sign than Driver, and he was afraid to sign in the middle so he just signed up the side of the paper, and his signature went off the edge.

GBRulz
02-20-2007, 10:32 AM

see, heres your problem, you see this as a bad thing

i see it as the perfect tailgating opportunity, there a good 4 hours of quality drinking time between taco wallace and atari bigby

LOL!! Actually, I think drinking sounds more fun than waiting in line for any of those autographs!

the_idle_threat
02-20-2007, 10:35 AM

I tried to get an autograph from Ferguson and he sprained his *ucking wrist signing it. Plus, it took him longer to sign than Driver, and he was afraid to sign in the middle so he just signed up the side of the paper, and his signature went off the edge.

So ... who all thinks that Fergie will finally take that big step this year, beat out all competition for the #2 job, and have a breakout season a la Javon Walker in 2004? I KNOW I'M EXCITED!!!!!!1!

Anybody? :P

GBRulz
02-20-2007, 10:36 AM
Idle, I've always loved your sense of humor :lol:

the_idle_threat
02-20-2007, 11:05 AM
:oops:

:mrgreen: