PDA

View Full Version : Packerrats at Lambeau

mmmdk
02-18-2007, 08:45 AM
Packerrats at Lambeau!!!

If there's a thread already then sorry.

I've heard solid rumors that a bunch of Packerrats will gather for a regular season game at Lambeau this upcoming season.

I'll be flying in from Transylvania or something and I'd vote for a game in september, october (prefable) or early november - this is due to the weather factor. Not that I don't like snow games but I'd fear flight cancellations from Europe or Green Bay being caught in a blizzard and I'd be stuck at O'Hare or something. :mrgreen:

What about hotel or even housing if possible (people from Denmark are rarely axe-murderers...so they say) :lol:

PS - If you snore please state so! :wink:

SAVVY ?

wist43
02-18-2007, 09:39 AM
We talked about this last year, and set up a day during training camp... only 3 of us showed up.

Me, BF4MVP (I think), and Greg Jennings... several others said they were going to be there, but didn't show.

Unless we have a bunch of season ticket holders, it's tough to get too many people for an in-season game...

Perhaps family night??? Cheap ticket, nice weather...

Bretsky
02-18-2007, 09:57 AM
MMDK,

Discussed with Mad about trying to organize a PR outing at a regular season game where PR members meet each other. Maybe even a weekend to party it up a bit as well. I think we're going to give it a shot.

If it occurs I'd hope we try to organize it for a Sept or October game, but we might run a poll to see what others want after the schedule comes out.

GrnBay007
02-18-2007, 10:01 AM
If it occurs I'd hope we try to organize it for a Sept or October game, but we might run a poll to see what others want after the schedule comes out.

What do you mean IF? I think you have a betting debt to pay off the day before the game......free bar tab for 007 :P

Bretsky
02-18-2007, 10:04 AM

What do you mean IF? I think you have a betting debt to pay off the day before the game......free bar tab for 007 :P

Yes, I remember that; free booze to you

Oscar
02-18-2007, 10:14 AM
A regular season game would be hard for me to make,. If some of you decide to get together during training camp or even family night I'd try an make it. Sounds like fun.

GrnBay007
02-18-2007, 10:26 AM
I went to Family Night last year and it was a great time and very inexpensive. There was tailgating before just like a regular game and a great fireworks display after the scrimage. If all goes well, I plan to make the lil trip to GB several times next season...never been to a practice. Can always justify multiple trips as it may be Brett's last year. :P

MadtownPacker
02-18-2007, 10:46 AM
I've heard solid rumors that a bunch of Packerrats will gather for a regular season game at Lambeau this upcoming season.I would not say "rumors" as it was actually a PM where I told you a get together was gonna try to be done. But since there is no schedule and no idea when games are gonna be, there isnt much that can be discussed at this time.

All I can say right now is that all Rats are welcome and encouraged to go.

GBRulz
02-18-2007, 11:02 AM
I will be making a thread about this soon. A game will have to be decided on pretty much the day the schedule is released so people can book hotels.

Stay tuned

CaptainKickass
02-18-2007, 12:54 PM
I am planning to make it out to GB again for a regular season game.

I just can't seem to justify the trip from the west coast for an event or game that doesn't "count".

I also feel that having a PR funtion that does not revolve around a regular season game is sort of self defeating. I can't imagine someone from overseas wanting to come all the way out for a "family night" scrimmage. Just doesn't seem to be worthwhile.

I'm also very aware of how these internet "organized functions" usually go. The announcement is made, everyone says "yeah good idea, I'm in". Then the plans are made, then the plans have to change to accomodate some request that wasn't thought of before the plan was made. Then that change results in pissing off somebody else who can't go now because of the change.......blah blah blah.

I am very interested in getting together some of you, however, I will not allow that to supercede my real entertainment purpose - which is to see the Packers play a regular season game at Lambeau Field.

I can plan the trip myself for whatever game and meet some interesting people regardless.

Let me know as this develops.

wist43
02-18-2007, 01:03 PM
Might I suggest a warm weather game...

Freezing ones ass off is never fun.

MJZiggy
02-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Amen, wist.

mmmdk
02-18-2007, 02:12 PM
I've heard solid rumors that a bunch of Packerrats will gather for a regular season game at Lambeau this upcoming season.I would not say "rumors" as it was actually a PM where I told you a get together was gonna try to be done. But since there is no schedule and no idea when games are gonna be, there isnt much that can be discussed at this time.

All I can say right now is that all Rats are welcome and encouraged to go.

Hey, I just pm'ed you but don't get mad at me, madtown, I am just jumping for joy if an opportunity to go back to Lambeau presents itself.

HarveyWallbangers
02-18-2007, 02:17 PM
Might I suggest a warm weather game...

Freezing ones ass off is never fun.

Pansy

Joemailman
02-18-2007, 02:55 PM
I'll take a cold weather game over an early September game where it's 85 at game time. Weather-wise, October is hard to beat. The two games I have tickets to (Gold package), usually occur in Mid September and Mid November.

Bretsky
02-18-2007, 03:33 PM
I'll take a cold weather game over an early September game where it's 85 at game time. Weather-wise, October is hard to beat. The two games I have tickets to (Gold package), usually occur in Mid September and Mid November.

You make a good point; my parents have season tickets.

But some in here only have "Gold" Packages.

We might want to consider doing this game for a gold game so the Milwaukee ticket holders already have tix