PDA

View Full Version : New Thread

HarveyWallbangers
02-19-2007, 09:17 PM
Kind of bored talking about the same things, so I'm just going to make one up.

Name your all-time favorite Packers moment. It can be an outcome of a game, meeting a Packers player, watching a big game with a special friend/family member, whatever.

One caveat: you can't choose a Super Bowl win (whether you are a young guy or an old geezer that saw Lombardi's Super Bowl wins).

Tony Oday
02-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Favorite moment wasnt even when the Packers were playing! Cards Vikings thats all I have to say!

PackerPro42
02-19-2007, 09:18 PM
I like the Antonio Freeman catch that beat the Vikings on Monday night.

ND72
02-19-2007, 09:20 PM
My favorite moment was going to Lambeau for the NFC Championship at San Fran going to Super Bowl 32...went with a buddy and his family. It was an AWESOME day/night...and was actually my first experience of being "in" Lambeau. I would have been 16 I believe.

Bretsky
02-19-2007, 09:21 PM
Favorite moment wasnt even when the Packers were playing! Cards Vikings thats all I have to say!

I was thinking that being at that game may have been my favorite Packer moment. Every second leading up to that moment when the Queens choked away the season was pretty intense at Lambeu Field. Brought chills.

I was at every home game on the way to the Super Bowl; but those were relatively easy games to win.

Being at that last game and being part of the crowd intensely waiting for the Vikings AZ game; that was something special.

ND72
02-19-2007, 09:22 PM

I was in Chuckers in Winona, MN while in college for that game. On every Packers TD, we got a green shot. Plus we were buying 3 gallon bottles of bear that night (yeah, i had 3 myself, i wasn't drunk at all...RIGHT). The point of my story, one of our roommates was from Minnesota, so he was a Viking fan. Another roommate of ours was from Chicago, and was a Bears fan, but he wore one of my Packer jerseys that night. It was POURING in Winona as well that night, and after the game, we left for home, and made our Viking roommate walk. :)

Bretsky
02-19-2007, 09:23 PM
A few runners up on games I attended :

Chanting Reggie Reggie Reggie at Lambeau

The Five TD game by Favre when they beat the Bears 35-28 (Eric Kramer was da Bears QB and he threw 4)

Favre to Bradford w/o a formal play called with seconds left in the game to beat the Vikings.

GoPackGo
02-19-2007, 09:23 PM

That is my favorite too, I was there.
I also pulled over and slept in my car on the way back because I/we was to tired to drive back to Madison. good times, rough day at work the next morning

HarveyWallbangers
02-19-2007, 09:30 PM
I was thinking that being at that game may have been my favorite Packer moment. Every second leading up to that moment when the Queens choked away the season was pretty intense at Lambeu Field. Brought chills.

I was at every home game on the way to the Super Bowl; but those were relatively easy games to win.

Being at that last game and being part of the crowd intensely waiting for the Vikings AZ game; that was something special.

My parents were at the game, and they said it was amazing.

RashanGary
02-19-2007, 09:32 PM
The most memerable for me was Favre vs Oakland on Monday night.

HarveyWallbangers
02-19-2007, 09:33 PM
My favorite moment was probably just my first game ever at Lambeau Field. They won the game and started my streak. Walking into Lambeau the first time is just awesome. There are several more, so this is hardly fair, but I thought it would be interesting to see if people picked games, players, trips, autograph, special time spent with friends or family, visiting Lambeau for the first time.

Bretsky
02-19-2007, 09:33 PM
The most memerable for me was Favre vs Oakland on Monday night.

Great memory; Javon Walker was great that night as well. We need to find that guy with speed who can go up and win a jump ball again.

Bretsky
02-19-2007, 09:37 PM
My favorite moment was probably just my first game ever at Lambeau Field. They won the game and started my streak. Walking into Lambeau the first time is just awesome. There are several more, so this is hardly fair, but I thought it would be interesting to see if people picked games, players, trips, autograph, special time spent with friends or family, visiting Lambeau for the first time.

My wife buying tickets for $250 to this golf club in Oregon to meet Brett Favre, get a pic with him, and an autograph football. I thought she was nuts for spending that money; but it was special.

I asked him if he was going to win the Superbowl or MVP next year, and he grinned and said "Both"

Two days later he was on ESPN announcing that he had an addiction to Vicodin

Bretsky
02-19-2007, 09:39 PM
BANGING THE BARBELL against the floor/ceiling of those Bears fans in college to taunt them after the referee used instant replay to overturn the Magic Man's TD pass and give the Packers the victory over da Bears.

Joemailman
02-19-2007, 09:48 PM
2 that stand out for me were:

The win over 49ers in San Francisco in January of 1996. That's when I knew the Packers were in the big time even though they would lose the NFC Championship to Dallas.

I was in Lambeau for the Al Harris interception to beat Seattle. An incredible finish to a great game.

Brando19
02-19-2007, 09:49 PM
I have been to 2 Packers games and they were both memorable. The first was October 3, 2005 at Carolina. A Monday Night Football game. I had seats directly behind the Packers bench on the 50 yard line...14th row. The Packers came back and had a good chance to tie it or win it...but fell short and lost 32-29. It was an amazing time.
On September 10, 2006, me and my family flew from West Virginia to Green Bay to the home opener versus Chicago. I'm not going to mention the blow out....but...I was able to meet and get a picture with Reggie White's son and wife. My seats rocked. I was in row 2...directly beside the Packers tunnel. The 96 Super Bowl team was all there and I was able to shake Dorsey Levins hand. He's a VERY nice guy and it made my day. I yelled at every Packer that came through that tunnel. Al Harris gave me a nod, Mike McCarthy said hello, and Ryan Pickett gave me a thumbs up (which I have on camera.) I also was able to take a tour of Lambeau Field the next day, which Aaron Kampman was on the field running some drills and I got my picture made with him in the background. It was truly a trip to remember for the rest of my life.

Bretsky
02-19-2007, 09:50 PM

The win over 49ers in San Francisco in January of 1996. That's when I knew the Packers were in the big time even though they would lose the NFC Championship to Dallas.

I was in Lambeau for the Al Harris interception to beat Seattle. An incredible finish to a great game.

IF THAT FIRST GAME WAS THE JACKE 53 YARD FIELD GOAL I'd put that one up there too.

I was so pumped after that game I listened to Packer post game that Monday night til 3:00 AM in the morn and wasn't worth a crap at work the next day.

b bulldog
02-19-2007, 09:57 PM
For me it was the NFC championship game against Carolina and the instant replay game against the Bears. I remember calling a bunch of friends after the Jackie kick to beat the 49ers in 96, I think I also got like 3 hours of sleep that night but it was worth it. One other great memory was being at the airport to welcome the Packers back to Green Bay after upsetting the niners. I think that the estimate for people at the airport was around 8,000 people. I took my two nephews and my wife. Reggie GAVE ME A HIGH FIVE 8)

MJZiggy
02-19-2007, 09:58 PM
For now it's seeing them play in Tampa, and after a solid win having some idiot Buc fan try giving me a hard time. I only had to remind him of the final score. My favorite will be seeing them play at Lambeau for the first time this fall.
:cow:

HarveyWallbangers
02-19-2007, 10:07 PM
IF THAT FIRST GAME WAS THE JACKE 53 YARD FIELD GOAL I'd put that one up there too.

I was so pumped after that game I listened to Packer post game that Monday night til 3:00 AM in the morn and wasn't worth a crap at work the next day.

No, he's talking about about the smackdown we threw on the 49ers out in San Fran the year before we won the Super Bowl. The one where Wayne Simmons leveled somebody and Craig Newsome scored on the fumble return early. Favre was near perfectin that game. Fell to the ground on one play, got up and completed a pass anyways. I must say that one ranks up there for me too.

HarveyWallbangers
02-19-2007, 10:11 PM
'93 playoffs at Detroit. Favre to Sharpe. I was so happy that night. We had finally made the playoffs, and even won a game.

b bulldog
02-19-2007, 10:13 PM
I think he leveled Derreck Levell.

Joemailman
02-19-2007, 10:17 PM
'93 playoffs at Detroit. Favre to Sharpe. I was so happy that night. We had finally made the playoffs, and even won a game.

I was home sick watching the game alone with my worst cold at all time. But when Favre and Sharpe hooked up I jumped up and yelled so loud I scared my dog so bad he ran down into the basement.

Rastak
02-20-2007, 06:22 AM
Kind of bored talking about the same things, so I'm just going to make one up.

Name your all-time favorite Packers moment. It can be an outcome of a game, meeting a Packers player, watching a big game with a special friend/family member, whatever.

One caveat: you can't choose a Super Bowl win (whether you are a young guy or an old geezer that saw Lombardi's Super Bowl wins).

Vikings - Packers only playoff meeting.

BallHawk
02-20-2007, 06:33 AM
I'd have to say Favre on MNF against the Raiders.

Another good one was Al's INT to win it against Seattle in the playoffs.

MJZiggy
02-20-2007, 06:40 AM
Another good one was Al's INT to win it against Seattle in the playoffs.

That was sweet. I don't include the MNF game because of the circumstances. It was special, without doubt, but not a favorite.

red
02-20-2007, 08:34 AM
one is yancey thigpen dropping the wide open TD in the north end zone, while myself and everyone else in the south end zone cried over the idea that we just lost (too far away to see the drop. then about 5 minutes after the game i got introduced to that old #66 guy

and another. me and a friend scored tickets to a packer bear game a year or two the renovation. we drove over from michigan and were staying in Appleton the night before the game. we went out for a booze run before some friends from uwgb came to our hotel, and we decided to drive up tp the stadium.

it was one of the coolest things i've ever seen in my life, this was old lambeau remember, we pulled into the parking lot and just sat there. it was dark out, and the only lights on were the stadium lights. the stadium looked like it had this angelic glow around it. it was very erie, and very cool. we sat there just staring at it, while the ghosts played inside

GBRulz
02-20-2007, 10:03 AM

I remember having friends over for that game. While we were happy for a "meaningless win" we suddenly remember hearing the crowd so we we opened the front door and could hear the crowd just going crazy, so we knew something happened. Sure enough, AZ just scored a TD to knock the Queens out!!! That was awesome!

Another fav moment was golfing at Thornberry a few years back, we had to wait at every hole and the players behind us were Bill Schroeder and Ryan Longwell. They were both pretty cool, except Longwell was really serious about his golf game. Where Bill was there more so to have fun. We would order a round of beer and tell them that the group behind us was paying and then they would do it vice versa, etc. Also on that day, my friend drove a ball through Andrew Brandt's window. So we go to the door and his very pregnant wife came to the door and says "oh, I never heard anything, i was on the other side of the house". yes, they live in a house that big where a golf ball can crash through a window and they don't hear it! BTW, Andrew Brandt, absolute total @sshole.

bbbffl66
02-20-2007, 10:12 AM
Either the Instant Replay game, and running outside in wauwatosa to scream my head off only to be drowned out by the rest of the neighborhood, or having #66 sign a picture of him holding me taken when I was 2. And getting to wear one of his Super Bowl rings!!

wist43
02-20-2007, 10:22 AM
BANGING THE BARBELL against the floor/ceiling of those Bears fans in college to taunt them after the referee used instant replay to overturn the Magic Man's TD pass and give the Packers the victory over da Bears.

1989, that's my best memory as well...

I was in a bar in Superior, WI - the bar was packed wall-to-wall b/c you can't get Packer games on regular TV up there if the Vikings are playing at the same time - so everyone packed the bars that had satellite dishes.

The place erupted when he threw the TD, then they disallowed it, and everyone was screaming at the TV b/c we could see it was a good TD, then replay overturned it, and the place went wild again...

That was the loudest I've ever heard a bar - it was bedlam - it was great!!!

swede
02-20-2007, 03:44 PM

My favorite moment in that game was when (correct me if I'm wrong on the player) Gabe Wilkinson scooped up a fumble and went in for the first score of the game. My son was only a year old and I was standing and holding him as that play happened. I swear to God I nearly spiked him on the floor.

It was in that moment I knew that the Packers were for real and every good thing that had happened in the previous four seasons were harbingers of a new golden era and not the cruel components of another false spring.

(I still say that the Packer team that lost to Dallas the next week was better than many Super Bowl teams that have come and gone since then, including our own '97 squad.)

AtlPackFan
02-20-2007, 03:55 PM

I remember having friends over for that game. While we were happy for a "meaningless win" we suddenly remember hearing the crowd so we we opened the front door and could hear the crowd just going crazy, so we knew something happened. Sure enough, AZ just scored a TD to knock the Queens out!!! That was awesome!

I have DirectTV Sunday Ticket and we has some friends over for that game and were going back and forth between the games. Couldn't believe that finish. We were sure we were out. Amazing.

AtlPackFan
02-20-2007, 04:00 PM
I'm dating myself here...hence my "rat" name. My best Packer memory was having my ears glued to the radio during the Ice Bowl and listening to that last drive that was culminated by Bart Starr sneaking the ball into the end zone. Cowgirls are still crying about that game saying he didn't get in...bunch of babies. :D