PDA

View Full Version : NEW THREAD II

Bretsky
02-19-2007, 09:29 PM
This is a spinoff of Harvey's wonderful idea of your greatest Packer moments

Now, list your worst Packer memories.

My tops

1. Antonio Freeman's drop of a Favre pass that would probably have resulted in a TD to tie Denver late in the fourth in our Super Bowl loss. Two plays later our season was over.

2. Mike Sherman not going for it on 4th and One against the Eagles

3. Being at the Metrodome, talking smack all games against Vikings fans, and then watching Terrell Buckley leave his man to allow Jim McMahon to throw a 50yard bomb late in the 4th qtr to win the game on a field goal. After the game, Buckley commented that he didn't think McMahon could throw that far.

Charles Woodson
02-19-2007, 09:33 PM
4th and 26

RashanGary
02-19-2007, 09:35 PM
I think it was the year we won teh SB but the Vikings beat us and it was our first loss. I remember my brother and I being so disappointed. Now I'm used to losses but then I was young and for whatever reason, it acctually hurt to see them lose.

After that is 4th and 26. I've hated McNabb ever since, although I do think he's a good player.

GoPackGo
02-19-2007, 09:39 PM
T
1. Antonio Freeman's drop of a Favre pass that would probably have resulted in a TD to tie Denver late in the fourth in our Super Bowl loss. Two plays later our season was over.

thats my #1 too

Brando19
02-19-2007, 09:52 PM
4th and 26..........definitely 4th and freakin 26.

LL2
02-19-2007, 09:57 PM
The Super Bowl loss to Denver. That was a painful loss that stuck with me for a few days.

Joemailman
02-19-2007, 09:57 PM
#1 has to be the playoff loss to Philadelphia. Never have I felt so strongly that a game was lost on the sideline rather on the field. Packers are still trying to recover from the loss and the string of events that it caused. (Mike McKenzie, Bob Slowik, B.J. Sander).

Another was the playoff loss in San Francisco in Holmgren's last game here. Thought we had the game won with the fumble that was not called a fumble, followed by the TD pass to T.O.

b bulldog
02-19-2007, 10:01 PM
The Owens catch in 98 and the Philly game where all the bad plays and calls cost us that game.

MJZiggy
02-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Losses to Dallas. Pick any one and it will do.

HarveyWallbangers
02-19-2007, 10:09 PM
3. Being at the Metrodome, talking smack all games against Vikings fans, and then watching Terrell Buckley leave his man to allow Jim McMahon to throw a 50yard bomb late in the 4th qtr to win the game on a field goal. After the game, Buckley commented that he didn't think McMahon could throw that far.

I was at that game. And the Rubley game. And the Herschel Walker game.

Rice's fumble. That game was the worst I've felt--outside of the Super Bowl loss. I was hammered that night. I knew it was the end of an era.

HarveyWallbangers
02-19-2007, 10:11 PM
The playoff loss to the Cowboys in the 80s at Dallas. '83, I believe. Dickey threw an interception that was returned for a TD late that iced the game for the Pokes. That was a tough one.

b bulldog
02-19-2007, 10:21 PM
The game before against the Cardinals at Lambeau was one of the greats since the Packers didn't really do anything since the glory years.

The Shadow
02-19-2007, 10:54 PM
Sterling Sharpe dropping a 4th down pass from Favre with time running out & losing to the Bears.

Patler
02-19-2007, 10:59 PM
When Paul Hornung was suspended. I felt empty, disappointed and bewildered.

Badgepack
02-19-2007, 11:23 PM
1- MNF, The Bears running the Fridge in for a TD.

2- 9-7 with Majik and just missing the playoffs.

Plus what has already been posted

Badgepack
02-19-2007, 11:27 PM
Didn't the Bears beat us once using Walter Payton at QB for most or all of the game?

HarveyWallbangers
02-19-2007, 11:34 PM
1- MNF, The Bears running the Fridge in for a TD.

2- 9-7 with Majik and just missing the playoffs.

Plus what has already been posted

Actually, they went 10-6 with Majik and missed the playoffs. The NFL changed to 3 Wild Card teams the next year, I believe. That hurt too.

GBRulz
02-20-2007, 12:10 AM
The SB loss by far...

but also I remember being at Lambeau when Vick & Co came into town and made us look like fools and handing us our first ever playoff loss at home. Back then, we didn't lose at home, plain and simple so that one stung quite a bit.

BallHawk
02-20-2007, 06:41 AM
4th and 26. It hurt so much because we had it won. Then we had another chance and Favre skyed on up to Dawkins.

SkinBasket
02-20-2007, 08:43 AM
Another was the playoff loss in San Francisco in Holmgren's last game here. Thought we had the game won with the fumble that was not called a fumble, followed by the TD pass to T.O.

That's the one that sticks with me. Just had that feeling of disbelief saying out loud, "They're just going to ignore that fumble? They can't really do that, can they?" They did.

At least against Philly there were legitimate reasons for the loss, namely poor play on the field and even worse game management from Shermie.

Partial
02-20-2007, 08:49 AM
4th and 26, 4th and 1.

St. Louis this year.

Jets and NE this year.

Atlanta 2002.

St. Louis 2001.

red
02-20-2007, 09:03 AM
4th and 26

i would say the super bowl loss, but i honestly don't remember a single play from that game. i watched the whole thing, but i've never seen a replay or a highlight from the game. i have a mental block. i just remember being furious about a call at the end of the game, then the cops were called

wist43
02-20-2007, 10:24 AM
The 70's and 80's...

Packnut
02-20-2007, 12:10 PM
For me, #1 was the day Starr was fired.
2- Freeman's drop in the SB
3-4th and a half a freaking yard against Philly and that idiot Sherman punts. 4th and 26 should NEVER have happened.

MadtownPacker
02-20-2007, 12:24 PM
You vatos must also like punching yourselves in the nuts cuz this thread is about as painful to read.

Freak Out
02-20-2007, 12:45 PM
OK you Fuck-Wads! Its 9:44 AM and I am ready to open a beer! Thanks....

esoxx
02-20-2007, 01:03 PM
but also I remember being at Lambeau when Vick & Co came into town and made us look like fools and handing us our first ever playoff loss at home. Back then, we didn't lose at home, plain and simple so that one stung quite a bit.

I had just arrived at Disney World and watched that game from our hotel room. Hard to do without swearing horribly in front of the kids. But I held my tongue and emotions. Really tough to do.

The next day I wanted to clothesline Mickey Mouse just to let off some steam.

The tea cup ride just didn't have the same feeling after that game.

BallHawk
02-20-2007, 03:26 PM

I had just arrived at Disney World and watched that game from our hotel room. Hard to do without swearing horribly in front of the kids. But I held my tongue and emotions. Really tough to do.

The next day I wanted to clothesline Mickey Mouse just to let off some steam.

The tea cup ride just didn't have the same feeling after that game.

Funny, I watched that game the day after I got back from Disney world. I remember in the middle of Splash Mountain all I could think about was that game.

superfan
02-21-2007, 07:42 PM
My two worst are 4th and 26th and the Rice fumble. Also hammered during the Rice fumble game, and to make it worse in a Minneapolis bar and taking heat from ultra belligerent Viking fans. Just felt unreal going home after that one -- we didn't really lose that game, did we? Made no sense.

Ths SB loss wasn't as bad because I had Mono at the time and the medication helped dull the pain.

The Shadow
02-21-2007, 07:46 PM
Didn't the Bears beat us once using Walter Payton at QB for most or all of the game?

No, but the Packers did once play the Colts in a playoff game with RB Tom Matte at quarterback (due to injuries) for the Colts.
He did very well; it was a much too-tight game for far too long.

woodbuck27
02-23-2007, 12:49 PM
I hated 4 and 26.

I really hated the catch II (when Steve Young hit Terrell Owens) with a perfectly timed laser at the goaline as he was surrounded by Green and Gold; to allow the 49ers to come from behind and knock us out of the playoffs in '98.

That play and loss was way too shocking, as we had that game well under wraps or so it appeared to me.

What really rubbed it in. Was the Officials miss of the Jerry Rice fumble in that drive that enabled the end result.

I was in disbelief of the final outcome of that game for a portion of the next day. :)

esoxx
02-23-2007, 02:34 PM
While we're digging up corpses from the basement, I don't think anyone has mentioned the T.J. Rubley game. That one hurt really bad. Had the game all but sewn up and instead dumbshit audibles to a pass and throws it up for grabs.

After that happened and they went on to lose in the Piece-O-Crap Dome, I questioned my Packer sanity for the first and only time. I truly questioned whether they would ever get over the hump or continually be ruined by these ridiculous type of occurrences (especially since the T-Buck game at the dome was still fresh in my mind at that time).