PDA

View Full Version : New Off-season workouts

Partial
02-19-2007, 11:22 PM
Evidentally they are switching to more football related exercises in March workouts compared to years past. This is very good!

Personally, while I agree that the weight room is a very positive thing. I think it probably does the most good from January 15thish through the beginning of March, giving them a good "bulking" period.

From that point forth, I think its kind of dumb to do the work in the weight room, as the weight room doesn't make a good athlete. They should be doing plyometric drills to build their strength, speed and explosiveness.

With that said, I am glad they are transitioning to this. Hopefully M3 gets great results with this plan this year, and increases the plyometric and field work even more next year.

FritzDontBlitz
02-20-2007, 01:59 AM
i read the article. mccarthy mentioned his approach to the cincy exhibition and its disastrous outcome "kind of shook our confidence a bit." my immediate response was "yeah, it shook our (the fans) confidence too."

glad he's wise enough to see he needed to make some adjustments.

Fritz
02-20-2007, 06:21 AM
Glad to see MM is willing to step back and analyze his own processes.

I'm also often impressed by the level of knowledge of people in this forum. Plyometric? Whoa. I have no idea what that means, but I am impressed as I said by the expertise of people at Packerrats. I'm glad to be here.

Partial
02-20-2007, 06:58 AM
plyometric workouts are jumping and agility drills that use your body weight. In general, they are compound movements (squat, lunge, benchpress, etc). These are what most NFL players do prior to the combine, as they get results. Speed coaches definitely emphasize plyometric workouts to get players 40 times as well as cone drill times down.

Scott Campbell
02-20-2007, 07:48 AM
plyometric workouts are jumping and agility drills that use your body weight. In general, they are compound movements (squat, lunge, benchpress, etc). These are what most NFL players do prior to the combine, as they get results. Speed coaches definitely emphasize plyometric workouts to get players 40 times as well as cone drill times down.

Najeh was good at squats.

Partial
02-20-2007, 08:40 AM

Najeh was good at squats.

HIYO! Zing!!

Packnut
02-20-2007, 12:12 PM
Now all MM has to do to make me content is state he'll NEVER NEVER again call a max protect scheme!

Iron Mike
02-22-2007, 06:19 AM
Now all MM has to do to make me content is state he'll NEVER NEVER again call a max protect scheme!

Then what is Bubba Franks going to do??? Attempt to catch a pass? :roll: