PDA

View Full Version : Pure Speculation 3

b bulldog
02-20-2007, 04:32 PM
The Packers are putting some numbers together in regards to the potential signing of Thomas. Adalius Thomas could get 4 years for $22 mil with the bulk of that being up front . The team is no longer in the Moss market. 4 WR's that they like that could be around are Bowe,Meachem,Jarrett and Ginn. The team is reportedly close to extending Nick Barnett and they will also be making a run at Danial Graham at the TE position. The team also has interest in Deon Grant to replace Manual.

ND72
02-20-2007, 04:37 PM
and this is from.....???

BallHawk
02-20-2007, 04:43 PM
and this is from.....???

The kooks at PackerChatters, I believe.

Still interesting, nonetheless.

Keep up coming, bulldog.

b bulldog
02-20-2007, 05:17 PM
As I posted before, it is from some poster named Arrigo. I do think that he throws much at the wall and eventually some things will stick. It is a fun read though.

pittstang5
02-20-2007, 05:23 PM
As I posted before, it is from some poster named Arrigo. I do think that he throws much at the wall and eventually some things will stick. It is a fun read though.

I like the part about the 4 WRs. I don't have any insider knowledge, but I'd bet that 31 other teams are looking at 4 of the 5 top WRs available in this years draft as well.

BooHoo
02-20-2007, 08:48 PM
It is hard to know if this report has any credibility. Could be just "dart board" reporting.

PackerPro42
02-20-2007, 09:10 PM
The Packers are putting some numbers together in regards to the potential signing of Thomas. Adalius Thomas could get 4 years for $22 mil with the bulk of that being up front . The team is no longer in the Moss market. 4 WR's that they like that could be around are Bowe,Meachem,Jarrett and Ginn. The team is reportedly close to extending Nick Barnett and they will also be making a run at Danial Graham at the TE position. The team also has interest in Deon Grant to replace Manual.

Please, there is no way that the Packers are no longer interested in Moss after a week of not negotiating with the Raiders. It's very common amongst GM's and particularly TT to act uninterested if they think the asking price is to high. If Al Davis wanted a first for Moss I would act uninterested as well. I think all that TT's is doing is playing his risk cards and hoping another team doesn't make a move on him, if that happens the asking price will go down again.

HarveyWallbangers
02-20-2007, 09:11 PM
It is hard to know if this report has any credibility. Could be just "dart board" reporting.

Could? You mean Is.

Somebody should keep a list of the guys that this guy reports the Packers are interested in. He don't know shit. If he did, we wouldn't know about it.

However, I'm cool with Grant and Graham. A 3-4 LB who is approaching 30 for major dollars? No thanks.

draftexpert4pack
02-20-2007, 09:20 PM

Please, there is no way that the Packers are no longer interested in Moss after a week of not negotiating with the Raiders. It's very common amongst GM's and particularly TT to act uninterested if they think the asking price is to high. If Al Davis wanted a first for Moss I would act uninterested as well. I think all that TT's is doing is playing his risk cards and hoping another team doesn't make a move on him, if that happens the asking price will go down again.

I have to agree with you on this. I don't think that the Packers are out of the race just because the negotiations have faltered for a little bit. I for one hope they are still number one in negotiations with the Raiders for Moss. Not only would this delete a draft need for the Packers but it will add an immediate play maker for Favre.

BallHawk
02-20-2007, 09:20 PM
Welcome to the forum!

draftexpert4pack
02-20-2007, 09:23 PM
Thanks, I usually prowl the NFLDC forums but a user there had mentioned this site on the team discussions thread so I decided to give it a try.

Bretsky
02-20-2007, 09:23 PM

I have to agree with you on this. I don't think that the Packers are out of the race just because the negotiations have faltered for a little bit. I for one hope they are still number one in negotiations with the Raiders for Moss. Not only would this delete a draft need for the Packers but it will add an immediate play maker for Favre.

welcome to Packerrats ! Anybody with that name must love the draft so you'll be adored by many of us in here. We have our share of draft fanatics, with myself being one.

Cheers,
B

Bretsky
02-20-2007, 09:25 PM
Thanks, I usually prowl the NFLDC forums but a user there had mentioned this site on the team discussions thread so I decided to give it a try.

Where are the NFLDC forums ?

We always welcome new members; the more Packer fanatics the better.

B

draftexpert4pack
02-20-2007, 09:25 PM
Well, I don't consider myself an expert, I myself was not even one of the top posters for the Packers cause on NFLDC. I thought that a smaller forum may be a good spot for me to come and share my ideas.

draftexpert4pack
02-20-2007, 09:27 PM

Where are the NFLDC forums ?

We always welcome new members; the more Packer fanatics the better.

B

NflDraftCountDown, sorry for not clarifying.

b bulldog
02-20-2007, 09:28 PM
oNE MORE THING THAT WAS MENTIONED WAS THAT HE THOUGHT OR HAS HEARD THAT THE pACKERS MAY GO AFTER Cato June and I think that would be crazy. June wouldn't be a good fit at the strong side and I don't see them moving Hawk over there.

Bretsky
02-20-2007, 09:29 PM
oNE MORE THING THAT WAS MENTIONED WAS THAT HE THOUGHT OR HAS HEARD THAT THE pACKERS MAY GO AFTER Cato June and I think that would be crazy. June wouldn't be a good fit at the strong side and I don't see them moving Hawk over there.

I'd like to see an upgrade for Poppinga.

PackerPro42
02-20-2007, 09:31 PM

welcome to Packerrats ! Anybody with that name must love the draft so you'll be adored by many of us in here. We have our share of draft fanatics, with myself being one.

Cheers,
B

You can count me in as a draft fanatic, I look forward to sharing ideas with you.

HarveyWallbangers
02-20-2007, 09:31 PM
I can't see June. Actually, I think Thompson will hold tight at LB, but I'm not sold on Brady Pop just yet either.

esoxx
02-20-2007, 09:50 PM
I personally never thought they were "in the race" for Moss to begin with. But it does make for interesting conversation.

LL2
02-21-2007, 11:44 AM
I think starting next week we will start seeing rumors fly like crazy as March 2nd approaches. It will give us a temporary fix for the football news we crave. Then it will be slow until the draft approaches.