PDA

View Full Version : At least we don't have Pacman jones on our team

GoPackGo
02-22-2007, 10:30 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/titans/2007-02-21-jones-shooting_x.htm?POE=SPOISVA

What a piece of shit this guy is....

Las Vegas strip club owner: 'Pacman' Jones knew suspected shooter
Posted 2/21/2007 5:13 PM ET E-mail | Save | Print | Subscribe to stories like this

LAS VEGAS (AP) — The co-owner of the strip club where three people were shot over the NBA All-Star weekend says pro football player Adam "Pacman" Jones came and left with the shooter, an account that differs from that of Jones' lawyer.
"He denied any knowledge of the shooter, but he was sitting right next to him," club co-owner Robert Susnar told the Las Vegas Review-Journal for Wednesday's edition. "Those guys came in together and left together."

Jones' lawyer, Worrick Robinson, told The Associated Press on Tuesday that Jones did not know anyone involved in the shooting and was interviewed by local authorities as a witness, not as a suspect. Police have not said Jones is a person of interest in the case.

Susnar said his recollection of the events was based upon his interviews with employees and club surveillance video.

He said the trouble started after 4 a.m., when Jones and his entourage of a half-dozen people returned to the club for the second time that evening.

Jones tossed hundreds of $1 bills on the stripper stage, Susnar said, adding that when a dancer started grabbing the money without Jones' permission, he got angry, grabbed her hair and slammed her head against the stage.

Security guard Aaron Cudworth, a mixed-martial artist with professional fighting experience, intervened and scuffled with Jones and members of his entourage, he said.

Jones then threatened to kill the guard, Susnar said.

Order was eventually restored and everyone moved outside before the gunman opened fire toward the front door of the club, hitting Cudworth, security guard Tom Urbanski and a female customer, he said.

"He goes out, retrieves a gun, then shoots two security guards, pretty much making good on the threat made by Pacman Jones," Susnar said.

Robinson told the paper that the entertainers began throwing cash into the air, sparking a fight among women on and off the stage as they scrambled for the money. He said Jones was attacked when he tried to get his own money back. "Mr. Jones didn't assault anybody," Robinson said.

Robinson and Susnar did not immediately respond to messages left by The Associated Press Wednesday.

Cudworth, who was shot in the chest and arm, was released from University Medical Center on Tuesday. Urbanski, 43, remained at the hospital in critical condition. He was expected to live, but a bullet severed his spine and paralyzed him below the waist, his father told the paper.

"He's going to be paralyzed for life, and what did he do?" Don Urbanski said. "I just want somebody to pay for it."

Jones has faced criminal charges three times since the Tennessee Titans made the cornerback the sixth overall pick in the 2005 draft — all involving incidents at nightclubs in Tennessee.

The cornerback promised he had seen the inside of a courtroom for the last time Feb. 1, when a judge dismissed an assault charge filed by a woman who claimed Jones spit on her during an October nightclub altercation.

Charges in a confrontation with a club manager during a private party in July 2005 also have been dismissed.

Jones was ordered to stay out of trouble until July 5 if he wants his criminal record cleared of public intoxication and disorderly conduct charges for an August arrest in the Nashville suburb of Murfreesboro.

Robinson said he didn't think the Las Vegas incident violated the judge's order.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

GoPackGo
02-22-2007, 10:33 AM
I also heard on a sports talk radio show this morning that Pacman was confronted by a bouncer after punching the stripper. Pacman bit the bouncer and screamed "I will kill you", He then told his friend, "smoke his ass". Then the bouncer got shot. If all this is true, Pacman Jones will never play another down again.

Partial
02-22-2007, 11:16 AM
Its a shame, he's a great player.

Ballboy
02-22-2007, 12:41 PM
When will professional sports ever learn that much like every other normal person....terms of employment must contain a "personal conduct" clause. I would guess that IF the Titans decided to cut him, he would still get his money via a guarantee in the contract or the players union.

Furthermore....who cares LEGALLY what comes of this? I'm sure Pacman has enough money to buy the best legal defense around, so I'm sure this will all be worked down to nothing, BUT does that still mean no intent was there? Jones has been in many "situations" that are "never" his fault but bad things always seem to happen.

Once a thug, always a thug...now he is just a thug with money.

LaFours
02-22-2007, 12:51 PM
We should be able to pick him up for a song and a dance now. TT's good friends with the new Titans GM...get on the horn Ted.

red
02-22-2007, 12:53 PM
i hope those judges are happy with themselves and sleep well at night. knowing its their fault for constantly letting this piece of garbage go, that lead to another person never being able to walk again

the gunman should get the chair, and pacman should go away for life for accessory to attempted murder, and for being a complete menace to society

BlueBrewer
02-22-2007, 01:16 PM
i hope Pac-Man is gobbling up something other than fruit in prison.

K-town
02-22-2007, 01:30 PM
Police: Pacman's cash display sparked Vegas melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

LAS VEGAS -- Police seized $81,020 in cash belonging to Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones, which they said sparked a melee and a triple shooting at a strip club over the weekend, court documents show.

Jones was showering more than 40 strippers onstage at Minxx Gentlemen's Club & Lounge early Monday with the cash "intended as a visual effect," according to a search warrant. But a scuffle broke out when the Houston promoter who hired the strippers told them to pick the money up.

The promoter, identified as Chris Mitchell, owner of "Harlem Knights," and a male associate took a plastic trash bag containing Jones' money and walked out the front door, the warrant says. Police recovered the money and two Breitling watches inside a safe at Mitchell's hotel room Monday morning.

Mitchell, according to the warrant, "admits that he took the money in the bag belonging to Jones because he thought it was for the dancers."

After Mitchell left the club, "a melee broke out," the warrant says.

"Jones became irate about the loss of his money, and the fact that girls were in a frenzy, picking up the money at their feet," the warrant says.

Later, a woman identified as a member of Jones' group fought with one of the strippers and security tried to break up the fight, it says. Jones told the guards to back off and reached behind his back "as if he were retrieving a weapon there."

Jones' entourage was moved outside, but the woman continued to fight, according to the warrant filed Wednesday in Clark County District Court in Las Vegas.

The woman hit a guard in the head with a champagne bottle and "began biting and screaming" when other guards tried to restrain her, the warrant says.

Minutes later, a valet told police that he heard shots fired near the front entrance and saw a black man with cornrows in his hair pointing a black semi-automatic handgun, it says. The man then fled.

The shots hit a female customer and two guards, one of whom remained in critical condition in a Las Vegas hospital. Aaron Cudworth, the guard hit with the champagne bottle, and the woman were treated and released.

Police have described the suspected shooter as last seen wearing a black shirt and blue jeans. As of Thursday morning, police said he was still at large.

Jones' lawyer, Worrick Robinson, told The Associated Press on Tuesday that Jones did not know anyone involved in the shooting and was interviewed by local authorities as a witness, not as a suspect. Police have not said Jones is a person of interest in the case.

Robinson could not be immediately reached for comment Thursday.

Jones has faced criminal charges three times since the Titans made the former West Virginia University player the sixth overall pick in the 2005 draft -- all involving incidents at nightclubs in Tennessee.

The cornerback promised he had seen the inside of a courtroom for the last time Feb. 1, when a judge dismissed an assault charge filed by a woman who claimed Jones spit on her during an October nightclub altercation.

Charges in a confrontation with a club manager during a private party in July 2005 also have been dismissed.

Jones was ordered to stay out of trouble until July 5 if he wants his criminal record cleared of public intoxication and disorderly conduct charges for an August arrest in the Nashville suburb of Murfreesboro.

Robinson has said he didn't think the Las Vegas incident violated the judge's order. :roll:

Good God what a waste of skin this dirt-bag is.

Partial
02-22-2007, 02:27 PM
We should be able to pick him up for a song and a dance now. TT's good friends with the new Titans GM...get on the horn Ted.

You just want to chase him around the mall.

Joemailman
02-22-2007, 04:55 PM
I also heard on a sports talk radio show this morning that Pacman was confronted by a bouncer after punching the stripper. Pacman bit the bouncer and screamed "I will kill you", He then told his friend, "smoke his ass". Then the bouncer got shot. If all this is true, Pacman Jones will never play another down again.

He'd look great in a Bengals uniform.

GoPackGo
02-22-2007, 05:13 PM

He'd look great in a Bengals uniform.

Speaking of the Bungles...
Whats up with players from West Virginia? Pacman Jones, Chris Henry, Randy Moss...

memo to TT....stay away from players from West Virginia

Freak Out
02-22-2007, 06:30 PM
Pacman is a trendsetter. He is what America will be in 5-10 years. Hyper-masculine….debauchery, guns and booze. Hell....America is that way now.

Joemailman
02-22-2007, 08:06 PM
Unless you're a figure skater.

Freak Out
02-23-2007, 12:53 AM
Unless you're a figure skater.

True.

MadtownPacker
02-23-2007, 02:40 AM
His stupid ass shouldn't have been trying to act like a big balla then start crying about the money later. What he hell did he think was gonna happen when you throw a bunch of $1 bills at a bunch of strippers? He truly is a pathetic moron.

MJZiggy
02-23-2007, 06:49 AM
LAS VEGAS -- Police seized $81,020 in cash belonging to Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones, which they said sparked a melee and a triple shooting at a strip club over the weekend, court documents show.

81 THOUSAND dollars? In singles? How many lap dances did he think he was gonna need? So now some guy will be paralyzed for the rest of his life because of this. I can't begin to imagine...

red
02-23-2007, 08:38 AM
wait, you can take back money after you give it to a stripper?

stupid

i got A LOT of money i need to go collect

Kiwon
02-23-2007, 09:44 AM
The NFL, the NBA, the NHL, and MLB better stop bending over and grabbing their ankles for the players and the players' union. They need to make examples of cheaters, the lawless and the criminal.

Professional atheletes ARE role models. Many don't want to be, but it comes with the territory. These boys in men's bodies need to know that showering $81,000 + on 40 strippers for "visual effect" is psychotic behavior. What a loon!

The thug culture is a real threat to the long-term health of the NBA and the NFL. The guys negotiating the TV contracts, etc., better wake up. The public will tolerate this stuff for a time, but one of these knuckleheads is going to do something really heinous and professional sports will be blamed for financially rewarding such a person.

By the way, has Rae Curruth fallen off the planet? Remember he hired guys to have his pregnant girlfirend murdered and then ran away. He was found hiding in a trunk of a car.

His case was big news for a time but now I can barely even remember him. That''s the problem. We forget about these losers until something else happens when someone takes it to a new level of outrage.

K-town
02-23-2007, 11:06 AM
From what I understand, Rae Carruth will be serving a minimum of 18 years for his role in the murder of his girlfriend. He did however, avoid the death penalty.
Until he's eligible for parole, he will likely remain a forgotten man, other than the occasional reference as an example of Athletes Gone Wild.

red
02-23-2007, 11:07 AM
i'm not 100% positive, but i think curruth is in prison for life

woodbuck27
02-23-2007, 11:50 AM
When will professional sports ever learn that much like every other normal person....terms of employment must contain a "personal conduct" clause. I would guess that IF the Titans decided to cut him, he would still get his money via a guarantee in the contract or the players union.

Furthermore....who cares LEGALLY what comes of this? I'm sure Pacman has enough money to buy the best legal defense around, so I'm sure this will all be worked down to nothing, BUT does that still mean no intent was there? Jones has been in many "situations" that are "never" his fault but bad things always seem to happen.

Once a thug, always a thug...now he is just a thug with money.

Next thing we'll hear I expect, is that he's shaved his head as an attempt to cry out for help. :)

LaFours
02-23-2007, 12:37 PM

You just want to chase him around the mall.

And he won't get away like those scumbag mallrats that came to crash the "Truth or Date" stage. I'll plant evidence on him in places he wouldn't dream of. Imagine, a .44 stashed in your...well, you know.

If get a hold of him he's toast. Mark my words.