PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Kerney Anybody?

BlueBrewer
02-22-2007, 12:28 PM
It sounds like he will hit the market after voiding the last two years of his contract on the 23rd. I personally would love to see him anchor the other side. We would have two high motor overachieving ends.

esoxx
02-22-2007, 12:35 PM
I personally would love to see him anchor the other side. We would have two high motor overachieving ends.

We already do.

Aaron Kampman & Cullen Jenkins.

I would pass on Kerney.

BlueBrewer
02-22-2007, 12:57 PM
I personally would love to see him anchor the other side. We would have two high motor overachieving ends.

We already do.

Aaron Kampman & Cullen Jenkins.

I would pass on Kerney.

I am intrigued by Jenkins but he is still unproven. He needs to produce for a full year before he gets a big deal.

wist43
02-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Like him as a player... haven't followed him closely enough to be sure about his injury history though.

Talent wise, he's a good player, and regardless of his injury history, he's going to attract some attention on the open market.

At this point, signing Jenkins to a premature-FA contract is a better way to go IMO.

We seem to be split on this Jenkins thing, but I'm in the "sign Jenkins camp".

BlueBrewer
02-22-2007, 01:14 PM
I am not saying we should not sign Jenkins, just not to a blockbuster deal yet. Tender him and sign Kerney too.

Partial
02-22-2007, 01:20 PM
Like him as a player... haven't followed him closely enough to be sure about his injury history though.

Talent wise, he's a good player, and regardless of his injury history, he's going to attract some attention on the open market.

At this point, signing Jenkins to a premature-FA contract is a better way to go IMO.

We seem to be split on this Jenkins thing, but I'm in the "sign Jenkins camp".

110% agree!

the_idle_threat
02-22-2007, 01:36 PM
Kerney missed about half of last season with a torn pectoral muscle that required surgery. Before that, he had a consecutive start streak of more than 100 games. Impossible to determine whether he'll start to become more injury-prone now that he's older (turned 30 a couple of months ago) of if this will be a freak one-time thing.

Made the Pro bowl once, in 2005. Seems like a very decent, high character, hard-working guy. If I'm not mistaken, he'll be the top DE on the FA market now that Justin Smith has been tagged.

Although I like him, he could be this year's version of Joe Johnson. There's injury risk there and the price will likely be very high---much higher than the price for Cullen Jenkins. I say pass on Kerney and pay Jenkins.

HarveyWallbangers
02-22-2007, 03:53 PM
Kerney is pretty old and injury prone. He smells like Joe Johnson to me. Johnson was a good player in his earlier years, who we signed too late in his career. Kerney is going to get more money than he deserves.

VermontPackFan
02-22-2007, 05:58 PM
We can spend our money elsewhere...I think Hunter will suprise some people next year and work his way into the rotation.

Blue,,,nice trail shot. What kind of camera do you have? I was thinking of getting one...

Thanks.

MJZiggy
02-22-2007, 07:30 PM
Camera Thread Link (http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=4822)

VermontPackFan
02-22-2007, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the link Ziggy...but I was thinking more along the lines of trail/game camera. One that would be staged and left along a monster buck trail that you planned on hunting later in the year.

BlueBrewer
02-23-2007, 08:39 AM
We can spend our money elsewhere...I think Hunter will suprise some people next year and work his way into the rotation.

Blue,,,nice trail shot. What kind of camera do you have? I was thinking of getting one...

Thanks.
It is a Cuddeback, we had two albino bucks coming in this year, a nine and the eleven in the picture.

MadtownPacker
02-23-2007, 09:37 AM
Kerney is Joe Johson ver. 2007.

Jenkins is the way to go. Reward your own.