PDA

View Full Version : PFT chad jackson, aaron brooks

red
02-22-2007, 07:33 PM
from pft.com

POSTED 8:19 p.m. EST, February 22, 2007

JACKSON HAS TORN ACL

Mike Reiss of the Boston Globe reports that Patriots receiver Chad Jackson suffered a torn ACL during the January 21 AFC Championship game.

The timing of the serious knee injury will disrupt if not destroy Jackson's preparations for the 2007 season. He was the team's second-round draft pick in 2006.

Both of the team's starting receivers at the end of the season -- Jabar Gaffney and Reche Caldwell -- are scheduled to return in 2007. But with Jackson unlikely to add much in the coming campaign, the Pats will likely need to beef up the position via free agency or the draft.

------------------------

the jennings pick, to me, looks better all the time. are there still people upset that we passed him up?

and then the WTF? moment of the day

also from PFT.com

POSTED 7:32 p.m. EST, February 22, 2007

BROOKS GOES BYE-BYE IN THE BAY

The Raiders have severed ties with quarterback Aaron Brooks, less than a year after signing him.

The team dumped Brooks on Thursday in lieu of paying him a $5 million option bonus in March.

With Marques Tuiasosopo heading for free agency, Andrew Walter will be the only quarterback on the roster with experience. And that increases the likelihood that the Raiders will draft either JaMarcus Russell or Brady Quinn in the first round of the draft, either with the first overall pick or by sliding back a few spots.

One possible destination for Brooks is Green Bay, where former Saints offensive coordinator Mike McCarthy is the head coach. Of course, this presumes that McCarthy didn't conclude long ago that Brooks stinks.

Coincidentally, Brooks was drafted by the Packers, and later traded to New Orleans.

---------------------------

why in the hell would we ever want brooks?

VegasPackFan
02-22-2007, 09:49 PM
I think I recall reading that McCarthy left the Saints in frustration because he felt Brooks was becoming uncoachable but others in the org were backing Brooks.

If true, there is NO chance Brooks end up in GB.