PDA

View Full Version : Best of 2006 (and worst if you must)

4and12to12and4
02-23-2007, 03:14 PM
I just finshed reading an entire thread of the "worst moments in Packers history". How depressing. Anyways, I got to thinking, what was the best moment of the 2006 season. If you want to add the worst, you can, but I choose to think about positive things, especially after reading that thread!

My "best moment" was when Hawk intercepted Griese in the final game. I was watching the game with three buddies who are all Bears fans (unfortunately, I live in the Chicagoland area) and the first half was obviously the better half of the game because we scored 23 of our 26 points in that half and the game was basically over, but, what made that play so special for me is that the whole second quarter and through half-time my buddies kept going on and on about how Griese was great and Rex sucked and if they had Griese in there the Bears would be killing us, etc., and this led them into talking about how great their defense is and how great urlacher is, and all that crap, so pissed off, I told them that AJ was going to be just as good if not better than Urlacher, and they were laughing their collective asses off and jabbing at me about how Urlacher is much better in pass coverage, and that's what makes him so special.

So, when AJ Hawk picked off Griese, it was the greatest moment of the year for me. It sure as hell shut my buddies up, and left me grinning. I think I'm still grinning about it!!

red
02-23-2007, 03:17 PM
Favre doing the Lambeau leap

MJZiggy
02-23-2007, 03:27 PM
Favre throwing Driver over his shoulder after touchdowns. I love that.

esoxx
02-23-2007, 03:51 PM
Favre to Driver for 89 yards in the dome for a backbreaking TD just before the half.

packerbacker1234
02-23-2007, 04:02 PM
Drivers amazing diving grab between two defenders in the endzone. The sweetest part of it being we had to challenge it to get the catch and it was inconclusive the amazing catch he made.

Reminded me of two things. One: Driver is Awesome.
Two: Favre can still make plays.

Tony Oday
02-23-2007, 04:52 PM
Kamp showing that he is a sack master! :)

packers11
02-23-2007, 04:55 PM
Mine was the Seattle game until we lost... THE SNOW AND ALL!!! but either the Driver 80+ yard td on vikings... Or the Charles Woodson INT TD... I was going nuts... Also the Bears game at the end of the season was great, but I was so sad the packers did not get into the playoffs...

packers11
02-23-2007, 04:56 PM
my worst... The NE game... My first packer game (I traveled up from NE)... And everyone knew about it, so when I got back I got it real bad... But it was a good experience / atmosphere... Got to visit Lambeau atleast :D ...

BallHawk
02-23-2007, 05:12 PM
Favre's 400th TD Pass to Jennings.

packinpatland
02-24-2007, 10:14 AM
my worst... The NE game... My first packer game (I traveled up from NE)... And everyone knew about it, so when I got back I got it real bad... But it was a good experience / atmosphere... Got to visit Lambeau atleast :D ...

DITTO, I traveled to Lambeau from NE also.

Had surgery the day after the game, all I remember before 'going under', was my Dr., asking 'so, how was that game?'

4and12to12and4
02-27-2007, 04:20 PM
I am suprised at how many of you don't have any of the Bears finale as your top moment last year. How can any of these other moments even come close to a moment during that game?

Brando19
02-27-2007, 04:27 PM
Worst: Bears thumping Packers in season opener; was my first game at Green Bay. I travelled from West Virginia, too. :cry: